• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW129 - The Pirate King of the Decolora Islands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;dzDbZKAAIVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzDbZKAAIVQ[/video]

Watched the preview and man, I got so excited that I yelled and clapped my hands. Seeing Croconaw (my absolutely fav Pokémon btw) using finally one of my favorite attacks, Iron Tail and all other well animated action looks so damn awesome.
And that Smash preview...is Croconaw abandoned and thus he became a pirate or something?

So Croconaw now = Luffy D. Monkey??? I guess all arguements are now invalid...

Spoilers for this episode if anyone cares in no particular order:
(Had to repost because computer was glitchy)

-No new moves.
-Rotom will be added to the opening above Fushingdane.
-Pikachu, Kibago and Chaobu are all playing.
-Team Rocket are sneaking through a ventilation shaft.
-The Pirates steal.
-Mijumaru goes after the fleeing Pirates but fails as he is outnumbered, later on Iris wipes the last traces of ink from Octutank off of the otter.
-Lizardon does some searching.
-Dare Da!? Ocutank.
-The Pirates don't trust humans.
-Chaobu and Tsutarja talk about their previous trainers
-Chaobu and Tsutarja VS. Marilli and Alligates. Chaobu manages to win the battle for them.
-Team Rocket interrupts, Chaobu sends them flying with Fire Oath however.
-Mijumaru pops out to do some type of dancing or something.
-Nyasu translates crap.
-Tsutarja doesn't really care for her former trainer.
-Inflated boat of Darumaka are being thrown around by the waves and everyone is worried, but the pirates save them.
-The Pirates blush when Satoshi-tachi bid them a farewell.
-Pikachu does some imitation to get Junsa to understand who the culprits were.

Not revealing info source.

Last edited:
I won't trust the "spoilers" if there's no source for it.

I won't trust the "spoilers" if there's no source for it.

The "spoilers" were correct on the Mijumaru and Rotom episodes, if that can dispel a bit of your worry that they might not be invalid.

Detailed synopsis:

The episode starts on the deck of the boat, as Pikachu, Axew and Pignite toss around a ball happily between themselves, with Ash, Iris and Cilan watching on. But while the group enjoy some refreshments, there are others with more sinister plans watching the water's surface...
As mentioned in the thread, the OP has been updated to add Ordinary Rotom above Bulbasaur in the Oak Laboratory shot, and to the left of Professor Oak in the final shot.

Part 1 starts with Pignite failing to hit the ball, and it rolling away. Pignite goes off to bring the ball back, and is shocked to find an Octillery clinging to railings on the boat, which then jumps onto his face, throwing a rope overboard. Croconaw and Azumarill grab onto the rope, and Octillery winds it back in, then the three all rush off.
In the boat's pantry, Team Rocket jump out of a ventilation shaft in the ceiling, and set about stealing food, loading a trolley up with boxes of it.
As they try to leave, however, they're met with the three Pokemon pirates, who snatch the trolley from them, knocking a pile of boxes down onto them in the process.
The pirates leave the pantry and rampage round the ship, looking for an exit. Pikachu and Snivy, followed by the rest of the group and Parker follow, but the pirates are surprised by two Sailors, and in their panic turn the trolley around and charge at the group with it, narrowly missing them as they stick close to the walls. With another round of attacks, the pirates are gone.
Team Rocket aren't giving up on their loot so easily however, and chase the pirates to a passageway on the side of the boat, but once again they're attacked, and one swipe of Azumarill's tail knocks them all overboard.
The pirates set about throwing over the boxes of food to a raft that another pirate, Ducklett, has waiting beside the boat, then start to jump off themselves, when Ash and friends catch up with them.
Parker shoves the group out of the way to avoid their attacks, and the rest of the pirates jump onto the raft too, and start getting away as Azumarill waves goodbye.
Ash isn't about to give up, however, and when Oshawott pops out, Ash tells him to jump ship. Oshawott swims and swims, as fast as he can, and eventually catches up, leaping onto the raft... where he realises he's outnumbered and outgunned by the four powerful pirates... or not.
However, Octillery sprays ink in his face, blinding him, so he Returns himself into Ash's backpack.
The pirates seem like they are about to get away, but Ash still has another trump card - Charizard, who he tasks with following them.
Jessie and James have managed to drift to the Basculin submarine, where they realise Meowth is missing after getting no response, and get in and pedal away.
But where is Meowth? He has his claws embedded into the side of the raft as it speeds along, hiding from the Pokemon pirates.
Everyone on the boat is upset that the pirates got away, as Iris wipes the last remnants of the ink off Oshawott, but they're not going to give up.

Who's That Pokemon? It's Octillery!

Part 2 begins with the boat docked, as the group report the crime to Officer Jenny, with Pikachu providing impressions to show her what the culprits looked like.
But she tells the group that they're not the only ones with stolen food. Recently fishermen, barbequers and farmers have had food taken from them as well.
On another nearby island, the raft enters a canal leading to a hidden bay, which holds the pirates' base.
The pirates unload the boxes and take them to a nearby cave, while Meowth spies what happens from behind a rock near the raft, until he's spotted by Ducklett!
Ducklett calls the others, and they grab Meowth, catching their spy. But unbenownst to the pirates or Meowth, there was another spy behind in a tree behind Meowth - Charizard!
Having found the pirates' base, Charizard flies off and meets up with Ash, having the group follow him to the base in Jenny's police boat.
At the base, Meowth is being interrogated by the pirates, but when they look away to see Ash recalling Charizard, having reached the bay, Meowth takes his chance and runs away from them.
Jenny and Ash's group try to get the Pokemon pirates to give up pirating, because pirating is wrong, but with Meowth's help for translation, they explain to them that they don't trust humans for various reasons, as their trainers all abandoned them.
But at this, Pignite step up, saying he was abandoned by his trainer too. And Snivy? Well she just didn't care for hers.
A battle is decided between the abandoned Pokemon, Snivy & Pignite VS Croconaw & Azumarill, with Jenny as judge.
The pirates start strong, with Ash's Pokemon barely dodging attacks, and their attacks not doing much, until Pignite uses Flamethrower, which makes both Croconaw and Azumarill run away in panic.
Another round of Flamethrower, and sure enough, Azumarill is having trouble standing. Croconaw tries to fight on for both their sakes, but with one Fire Pledge, Pignite easily wins.
It seems Oshawott popped out sometime again, as he's seen dancing with Pikachu.
With the battle decided, Ash asks them once again, but Team Rocket butt in and interrupt, attacking with Woobat and Yammask. But again, with Fire Pledge, Pignite sends them blasting off.
However another threat was lurking literally on the horizon, as in less than ten seconds the sky is full of rainclouds, as the sea starts to get rough, and an inflatable boat full of Darumakka is spotted getting thrown about by the waves.
The group wonder what to do, but Croconaw steps up and has them leave it to the former Pokemon pirates, to show their new non-pirate-ness.
They rush out and grab the boat, but a big wave grabs the boat and tosses it into the air!
The pirates work together with their water guns to stabilise the boat in midair, and bring it carefully back to shore.
After leaving the bay, they find the owners of the Darumakka, and hand them back to them, thanking the group... but Ash steps up and tells them to thank the pirates instead, and the pirates are embarrassed.
As the episode ends, everyone bids the local Jenny and the pirates farewell, as they sail with Jenny in her police boat, having decided to help rescue instead of pirating.

Last edited:
They explain that they don't trust humans for various reasons, as their trainers all abandoned them.
But at this, Pignite step up, saying he was abandoned by his trainer too. And Snivy? Well she just didn't care for hers.
Even if I'm happy about learning at least a tiny bit of Snivy's past and previous Trainer, I don't understand why she can have a word on this subject. She was supposed to be the one who abandoned her Trainer, not viceversa.

I could have sworn that in the original Japanese version, Snivy refused to obey her noob trainer due to finding her trainer unworthy, prompting her trainer to release her? I might be wrong, and I'll have to consult some resourced, but that's how I remembered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom