• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review BW129: The Pirate Kings of the Decolora Archipelago!

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
A so-so episode.

Could've been without Team Rocket, who were just blasted off in less than a minute.

Adil

Stranded
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to say "kaizoku ou ni ore wa naru" by the end of the episode.
Eh... May be next time.

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I'm kind of freaked out by Mijumaru's ability to just will itself back into its Monster Ball anytime it wants.

I liked the callbacks to both Charbu's and Tsutarja's pasts.

I also wish this series would stop wasting Lizardon so much.

Eitarou said:
Could've been without Team Rocket, who were just blasted off in less than a minute.

Nyasu was needed to translate.

The Darumakka stuff at the end...now *that* was unnecessary.

Reaction score
This was an ok episode I guess.

I didn't really care for the pirate Pokémon and Mijumaru's role in the episode was just unnecessary. The scene where Mijumaru entered it's Monster Ball on it's own was just confusing.

I guess the parts that kept me watching were Tsutaja and Chaobu.

Speaking of Tsutaja, is it just me or does Tsutaja tend to hang out with Iris a lot?

p96822

Reaction score
Maybe Snivy like to hang around Iris because she like hanging with the Dragon master intraining sometimes

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
That is funky. To be able to turn into that beam and send yourself back to the pokeball. I've swallowed a lot of things from the anime, but I cannot swallow this.

p96822

Reaction score
Oshawott returned himself in the poke ball. What happen to make him do that?

Gabo2oo

Reaction score
What a weird episode. I liked part of it, Parker had more screentime this time and it's nice to see Nyasu translating once again. I (kind of) wasn't seen that opening update coming, I hope this means that Rotom will appear often with Oak and Tracey in the lab as opposed to his Dragonite.

But it doesn't matter what I saw, I just refuse to believe a Pokémon can return to its Poké Ball whenever it wants without pressing the button on it. And if Team Rocket wouldn't have recited their motto, which was unnecessary since Musashi and Kojiro barely did something relevant, we could have had at least some foreshadowing of the missing Darumaka earlier in the episode or something, but anything would've been useful to make it seem less random. And the only important thing Team Rocket did as a whole for me it was their first photogenic Best Wishes! blastoff. Wow.

By the way, did someone else noticed how happy Tsutarja was at first and then how annoyed she seemed when Parker offered juice to Satoshi and the others? What was that? She wanted juice too? She hates Parker?

Last edited:

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
Well, for me, it's not the self returning part. That just shows loyalty. It's the turning into the return BEAM part. This shouldn't be possible, no matter what crazy logic you follow. Under other circumstances, I would find there to be nothing stopping a pokemon from pressing the button on it's own pokeball

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
By the way, did someone else noticed how happy Tsutarja was at first and then how annoyed she seemed when Parker offered juice to Satoshi and the others? What was that? She wanted juice too? She hates Parker?
I doubt it means anything, but that really bugged me, too.

I really liked this episode. We got to see the Pokemon have fun, Charbu and Tsutarja battled together again (oh please, let them interact more in the future,), and Miju got in a few cute and semi-funny scenes. (Though I'm also bugged by how he can suddenly turn into a beam of light and travel a nonlinear distance back into its Ball. I just hope only Mijumaru has this ability, because this would have been helpful in working out many Team Rocket plots.) The plot was rather dull, but the Pokemon made this episode for me.

I found that the pirates' back stories about being abandoned by their Trainers (?) too cliche for my tastes. It's way too Homeward Bound II for me. But whatever is needed to help make them sympathetic and move the plot along. But it was really funny seeing Koaruhie just sort of blankly stared in its flashback. The pirates themselves weren't anything spectacular, but I would like to see them again.

The episode also ends on a high note, giving us a Pikachu that looks like an fat, awkward plush.
itFPAsy.png

Last edited:

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Wow, so Druddigon (the member) was right when he claimed to have early spoilers...in the Preview Thread he mentioned the Rotom update, the past of Snivy and Pignite, and even the Darumakka. 0.o

Chosen of Mana

Under the Rainbow
Reaction score
I can't say I had much expectations for this episode to begin with.

But I agree with Dogasu about Chairzard suddenly being relayed to generic flyer duty.

Gabo2oo

Reaction score
Wow, so Druddigon (the member) was right when he claimed to have early spoilers...in the Preview Thread he mentioned the Rotom update, the past of Snivy and Pignite, and even the Darumakka. 0.o
I was also intrigued by this, in fact this is why I was expecting the Rotom update instead of being surprised like I would have been without the spoilers. So... Druddigon confirmed for Fairy-type?

Last edited:

WatcherMark

Reaction score
I'm kind of freaked out by Mijumaru's ability to just will itself back into its Monster Ball anytime it wants.

Um.. there is more than one precedent for this you know.

- Satoshi's Caterpie called itself back into its ball (although it might have pressed the front button, I can't recall).
- In the Digda episode, all the Pokemon that were sent out instantly recalled themselves without even emerging from their Balls.
- In the second episode of Advanced, Musashi and Kojiro sent out Arbok and Metadogas to battle Team Magma's Hellgar only to recall themselves upon seeing them. I know people generally accept that they used Roar, but there's no visual effect and it just sounds like the Hellgar are barking so I don't buy that.

Ashfangirl22

I love Ash.
Reaction score
What an odd episode, it wasn't horrible but it wasn't that good either. Why don't they just give Meowth to Ash if they need some one to translate Pokemon that bad every episode that they keep throwing in random plot devices to do this? They don't seem to care about Jessie and james any more, so why not?

Darth Darkrai

Reaction score
This was not Too bad but I Thought the part when Oshawott encountered the Pirates he was like "Uh I'm Here" And they all fell down.

fruitsmoothierevenge

前向き!
Reaction score
- Satoshi's Caterpie called itself back into its ball (although it might have pressed the front button, I can't recall).
I'm almost 100% sure it bumped its forehead into the button and then retreated.

This episode was OK. I thought the pirates might be a bit fiercer, or at least one have a hat or eyepatch or something. Be a bit more typical pirate-y, y'know?
I guess they're cycling through Parkers like they do Joys and Jennys... but might they run out of colors soon? I'm waiting for a Parker with a hot pink collar.
Is Team Rocket speaking more English, or am I just catching words that I don't understand and thinking they're English? (He had one phrase in this one that I'm sure of.) Did Meowth say some sort of gerund (-ing) while he was talking to the pirates the first time? (Rocket-dan no blahblahblah-ing...)

By the way, it took an awfully long time for Jessie and James to reach that island... I'm pretty sure they started the motto off screen because they didn't want to pan over and see them putting their jackets back on, hehe.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.