• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW129: The Pirate Kings of the Decolora Archipelago!

I'm kind of freaked out by Mijumaru's ability to just will itself back into its Monster Ball anytime it wants.

I liked the callbacks to both Charbu's and Tsutarja's pasts.

I also wish this series would stop wasting Lizardon so much.

Eitarou said:
Could've been without Team Rocket, who were just blasted off in less than a minute.

Nyasu was needed to translate.

The Darumakka stuff at the end...now *that* was unnecessary.

This was an ok episode I guess.

I didn't really care for the pirate Pokémon and Mijumaru's role in the episode was just unnecessary. The scene where Mijumaru entered it's Monster Ball on it's own was just confusing.

I guess the parts that kept me watching were Tsutaja and Chaobu.

Speaking of Tsutaja, is it just me or does Tsutaja tend to hang out with Iris a lot?

Maybe Snivy like to hang around Iris because she like hanging with the Dragon master intraining sometimes

That is funky. To be able to turn into that beam and send yourself back to the pokeball. I've swallowed a lot of things from the anime, but I cannot swallow this.

Oshawott returned himself in the poke ball. What happen to make him do that?

What a weird episode. I liked part of it, Parker had more screentime this time and it's nice to see Nyasu translating once again. I (kind of) wasn't seen that opening update coming, I hope this means that Rotom will appear often with Oak and Tracey in the lab as opposed to his Dragonite.

But it doesn't matter what I saw, I just refuse to believe a Pokémon can return to its Poké Ball whenever it wants without pressing the button on it. And if Team Rocket wouldn't have recited their motto, which was unnecessary since Musashi and Kojiro barely did something relevant, we could have had at least some foreshadowing of the missing Darumaka earlier in the episode or something, but anything would've been useful to make it seem less random. And the only important thing Team Rocket did as a whole for me it was their first photogenic Best Wishes! blastoff. Wow.

By the way, did someone else noticed how happy Tsutarja was at first and then how annoyed she seemed when Parker offered juice to Satoshi and the others? What was that? She wanted juice too? She hates Parker?

Last edited:
Well, for me, it's not the self returning part. That just shows loyalty. It's the turning into the return BEAM part. This shouldn't be possible, no matter what crazy logic you follow. Under other circumstances, I would find there to be nothing stopping a pokemon from pressing the button on it's own pokeball

By the way, did someone else noticed how happy Tsutarja was at first and then how annoyed she seemed when Parker offered juice to Satoshi and the others? What was that? She wanted juice too? She hates Parker?
I doubt it means anything, but that really bugged me, too.

I really liked this episode. We got to see the Pokemon have fun, Charbu and Tsutarja battled together again (oh please, let them interact more in the future,), and Miju got in a few cute and semi-funny scenes. (Though I'm also bugged by how he can suddenly turn into a beam of light and travel a nonlinear distance back into its Ball. I just hope only Mijumaru has this ability, because this would have been helpful in working out many Team Rocket plots.) The plot was rather dull, but the Pokemon made this episode for me.

I found that the pirates' back stories about being abandoned by their Trainers (?) too cliche for my tastes. It's way too Homeward Bound II for me. But whatever is needed to help make them sympathetic and move the plot along. But it was really funny seeing Koaruhie just sort of blankly stared in its flashback. The pirates themselves weren't anything spectacular, but I would like to see them again.

The episode also ends on a high note, giving us a Pikachu that looks like an fat, awkward plush.
itFPAsy.png

Last edited:
Wow, so Druddigon (the member) was right when he claimed to have early spoilers...in the Preview Thread he mentioned the Rotom update, the past of Snivy and Pignite, and even the Darumakka. 0.o

Wow, so Druddigon (the member) was right when he claimed to have early spoilers...in the Preview Thread he mentioned the Rotom update, the past of Snivy and Pignite, and even the Darumakka. 0.o
I was also intrigued by this, in fact this is why I was expecting the Rotom update instead of being surprised like I would have been without the spoilers. So... Druddigon confirmed for Fairy-type?

Last edited:
I'm kind of freaked out by Mijumaru's ability to just will itself back into its Monster Ball anytime it wants.

Um.. there is more than one precedent for this you know.

- Satoshi's Caterpie called itself back into its ball (although it might have pressed the front button, I can't recall).
- In the Digda episode, all the Pokemon that were sent out instantly recalled themselves without even emerging from their Balls.
- In the second episode of Advanced, Musashi and Kojiro sent out Arbok and Metadogas to battle Team Magma's Hellgar only to recall themselves upon seeing them. I know people generally accept that they used Roar, but there's no visual effect and it just sounds like the Hellgar are barking so I don't buy that.

What an odd episode, it wasn't horrible but it wasn't that good either. Why don't they just give Meowth to Ash if they need some one to translate Pokemon that bad every episode that they keep throwing in random plot devices to do this? They don't seem to care about Jessie and james any more, so why not?

This was not Too bad but I Thought the part when Oshawott encountered the Pirates he was like "Uh I'm Here" And they all fell down.

- Satoshi's Caterpie called itself back into its ball (although it might have pressed the front button, I can't recall).
I'm almost 100% sure it bumped its forehead into the button and then retreated.

This episode was OK. I thought the pirates might be a bit fiercer, or at least one have a hat or eyepatch or something. Be a bit more typical pirate-y, y'know?
I guess they're cycling through Parkers like they do Joys and Jennys... but might they run out of colors soon? I'm waiting for a Parker with a hot pink collar.
Is Team Rocket speaking more English, or am I just catching words that I don't understand and thinking they're English? (He had one phrase in this one that I'm sure of.) Did Meowth say some sort of gerund (-ing) while he was talking to the pirates the first time? (Rocket-dan no blahblahblah-ing...)

By the way, it took an awfully long time for Jessie and James to reach that island... I'm pretty sure they started the motto off screen because they didn't want to pan over and see them putting their jackets back on, hehe.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom