• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW130 - Satoshi and Butterfree! Until we meet again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is that animation really awful? Look at Satoshi at 0:29 D: His pupils aren't even aligned.

It's not "Gathering the Gang of Four!" or "Dawn of a New Era!" level...downright atrocious...in quality, but it's certainly poor in quality.

That being said, Caterpie looks really cool, despite how bad Ash looks.

The animation director for this is one "Noboru Furuse", who has never been animation director for the series ever before.

Oh No, that give is giving me "Gathering the gang of Four" feels. A AG episode episode with horrible animation. And the animators there have never worked before or after that episode.

My eyes still remember the horrible animation in that episode. Painful memories. XD.

I don't think the animation of this episode is that bad...at least judging by the previews. But agree, Gathering the Gang of Four was horrible, just remembering it give me shivers...

Just saw the preview for the episode. Animation looks fine to me. Ursaring looks a little off, but since he's being String Shot, I'll let it slide. I love the chubby Caterpie. And I love the fact that this episode revolves around the Caterpie, Metapod and Butterfree family. Butterfree is my favorite Pokémon and Ash's Butterfree is my second favorite anime Pokémon (first being the 3rd Movie's Entei). We haven't really had a Butterfree-centric episode since "Bye Bye Butterfree" (unless there was one in the Sinnoh saga, which I missed completely :/). So I'm very excited! Can everyone just stop complaining and be happy that 1) Pokémon is still around and 2) that we get to see old relationships re-explored and strengthened in the anime? I personally would love Butterfree to come back this episode, but he obviously won't.

And since they are revisiting the rest of Ash's old Pokémon, and since the gang is on their way to Kanto, I don't doubt that we WILL have a Pidgeot episode. Wether or not he'll see it or help a Pidgeotto evolve into one (like this episode) or some other crazy thing, we WILL have our Pidgeot episode. Pidgeot really needs it, too. He's the only member of Ash's original six not to have any sort of character development at all. Bulbasaur became a leader at Oak's place, Squirtle matured and is now running the Squirtle Squad as a group of firefighters, Butterfree evolved and found a mate, Charizard has gone through the most drastic personality changes and Pikachu has obviously gone through development. So I'd like to see Pidgeot being some sort of Viridian Forest sage or something.

Any chance we could see Pidgeotto in the flashbacks? Particularly Caterpie's battle with Pidgeotto when he tried capturing it?

I'll bet we see Ekans and Koffing! Caterpie evolved after battling them.

Any chance we could see Pidgeotto in the flashbacks? Particularly Caterpie's battle with Pidgeotto when he tried capturing it?

I'll bet we see Ekans and Koffing! Caterpie evolved after battling them.

Maybe. Caterpie's battle with Team Rocket led to its evolution to Metapod.

I don't know about Caterpie's battle against Pidgeotto, though. That didn't seem to be too important to Caterpie's development, and Pikachu really was the one that took Pidgeotto down.

Just something small but not too revealing:

Rotom is in this episode with Oak.
Pokedex is whored out this episode, four Pokemon scans in the first five minutes.
Amoonguss sits on Ash's head.
Caterpie/Metapod training, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom