• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW130 - Satoshi and Butterfree! Until we meet again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW??? - Butterfree (Unconfirmed)

Smash is going to rerun Butterfree's goodbye episode later today. Many kids will know about Ash's Butterfree soon enough.

That is a coincidence. There will be at least a month until the Decolora Adventure arc starts, and we're not even sure when this particular episode will air.

So? The only reason Brock made that scarf was so that Butterfree would have an easier time attracting the pink Butterfree. The scarf has served its purpose.

But even so Ash's Butterfree wore that yellow scarf during the flashback scene in in DP099 and its cameo appearance in the Spurt! opening. The animators would not overlook including that important accessory on to Butterfree if it will appear again.

Re: BW??? - Butterfree

Unless, you know, Ash takes off the scarf before this scene.

Re: BW??? - Butterfree (Unconfirmed)

That is a coincidence. There will be at least a month until the Decolora Adventure arc starts, and we're not even sure when this particular episode will air.
That doesn't mean that it is a coincidence. Besides, my only point is that the target audience aren't clueless about Ash's Butterfree.

But even so Ash's Butterfree wore that yellow scarf during the flashback scene in in DP099 and its cameo appearance in the Spurt! opening. The animators would not overlook including that important accessory on to Butterfree if it will appear again.
That's like saying that the animators got Ash's clothes wrong since he didn't wear them back in Kanto. Accessories aren't important.

They obviously want us to think that this is Ash's Butterfree. The emotional scene isn't random.

Maybe he lost his scarf and looks sad because he's afraid that Ash won't recognize him without it, buT HE DOES AND HERE COME THE WATERWORKS.

Come on, tallking about the scarf for hours won't help.

The important part is Butterfree's back, aka FLASHBACKZ!

People are mad because there's no explanation behind bringing Butterfree back. First of all, let the episode explain first, dum dums.
Second, why the hell not? It makes a lot of fans happy, if the episode is well written with a logic explanation behind Butterfree being back, I have absolutely no problem ~ fangirling all the way ~ Butterfree was one of the best Pokémon Ash has ever had with only 20 episodes or so to be amazing.

I dislike all this pandering to ancient episodes, the kids watching pokemon today weren't even born when Kanto was airing.

The writers are obviously aware that pleasing the older fans from time to time is no bad thing. Why would you have a problem with it o_O

So the BW clothes prove that it's not a flashback. If he meets up with Butterfree again in present time, that's pretty random but I'd love to see the reunion. That screenshot is so sweet. I'm glad Ash looks so happy to see his old friend. I hate it when Ash doesn't display much emotion in times when he should, but thankfully, this isn't one of those times ^^

I wonder why Butterfree looks so sad.

tumblr_inline_mk4epfT7WO1qz4rgp.png

can we just take a minute to appreciate Ash

like look at his face, he looks so happy to see him again...this was the first pokemon he ever had to release....it was really hard for him, can you imagine what he's feeling right now?

put "kanto pandering" aside and just think about that.

DZAWWWWW...so cute. I love Ash's Butterfree. He caught that little guy as a Caterpie, and it's the first Pokemon he ever caught. I don't think it's him, but if it is, w00t! Ash looks so cute looking at that Butterfree, though. :)

If it is Ash's Butterfree, I think I'm gonna cry along with Ash for a little while if he does too.

I hope Butterfree doesn't get extensive flashbacks like Charizard did. We don't need more Kanto redrawn shots.

We don't need them, but they'd be nice, you know, since the kids watching the series might want to know what's up with that random butterfree that Ash is all emotional over.
But Butterfree's story isn't as extensive as Charizard's anyways, so all we really need to know is that he was Ash's first captured pokemon and had to leave for ~luuve~ As a character, Butterfree wasn't even that interesting, but it's what he means for Ash...I'm still attached to my first caught pokemon (a bidoof that evolved into a bibarel...I can't get rid of her ;_;)

I just hope there are no extensive flashbacks to avoid a repeat of the overreaction of two certain characters in the Charizard ones.

In DP they showed two flashbacks to Butterfree and Misty/Brock weren't in them, maybe the same will happen.

I just hope there are no extensive flashbacks to avoid a repeat of the overreaction of two certain characters in the Charizard ones.

In DP they showed two flashbacks to Butterfree and Misty/Brock weren't in them, maybe the same will happen.
I think you should be more worried about how Clair and Butterfree coming back affects your theory that the writers don't want to bring back older characters.

I think you should be more worried about how Clair and Butterfree coming back affects your theory that the writers don't want to bring back older characters.

I find this bizarre and I guess Dogasu was right, its gimmicks to get people to watch since BW has been a poorly received arc.

I just hope this means the show is coming full circle with a Giovanni conclusion and an Indigo league tournament.

If that is Satoshi's old Butterfree.....holy shit. Just, holy shit. Right in the childhood...

I don't know why anyone would be against any old Pokemon making reappearances. Makes them seem less like disposable advertising tools and actually gives the show some damn emotion. Especially for Satoshi. And on the note of "familiarity", if I can show my seven-year-old sister old episodes from the original series that she can enjoy, then it's pretty damn possible for the people in Japan to do it too. Children are fascinated by the cute and cool creatures in Pocket Monsters, not the fact that they're new, familiar, or whatnot. New Pokemon are introduced every few years - if they haven't seen old Pokemon before, they'll treat them as new and won't hate them any less for it. Even then, there's reruns and Kanto episodes included in the Best Wishes set.

Anyhow, I loved Satoshi's Butterfree and I love the fact that they're going to do a return episode. It's about time they did that. Now I'm waiting for a Okorizaru and Pigeot reurn.

Last edited:

I hope they won't pull another Charizard, and Butterfree makes only one-shot instead of entering the regular team...
Then Unova Team will be too filled with all these old reserves...

Butterfree will likely be a one episode deal like how Lapras reappeared in Johto.

I love how everyone forgets that Ash saw Lapras again too.

Pokémon Smash is airing Bye Bye Butterfree.

Shit guys, hold me. This is getting intense.

Pokémon Smash is airing Bye Bye Butterfree.

Shit guys, hold me. This is getting intense.

So? We know its Ash's Butterfree, just like Ash's Charizard was shown the same way.

What's the big deal? Ash brought up Butterfree in DP and nobody seemed to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom