• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW130 - Satoshi and Butterfree! Until we meet again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW??? - Butterfree

It really doesn't look like that's an ordinary Butterfree going by the scan since Ash seems so emotional there. But ahdhhgha I am so excited to see what this is about exactly... already getting nostalgia vibes.

Pokémon Smash is airing Bye Bye Butterfree.

Shit guys, hold me. This is getting intense.

So? We know its Ash's Butterfree, just like Ash's Charizard was shown the same way.

What's the big deal? Ash brought up Butterfree in DP and nobody seemed to care.
Bye Bye Butterfree was a pretty emotional thing to watch during your childhood. It's right in the feels, but is also like a crack dose of nostalgia all in one.

Ash's Charizard has appeared at least once every season, Ash's Butterfree hasn't appeared in over 750 episodes. Pretty big deal.

So? We know its Ash's Butterfree, just like Ash's Charizard was shown the same way.

Bye Bye Butterfree was a pretty emotional thing to watch during your childhood. It's right in the feels, but is also like a crack dose of nostalgia all in one.

Personally I would have rathered Pidgeot return given Butterfree's ending was closure, but Pidgeot was open ended.

I find it odd that we have more Kanto references now than in the Battle Frontier saga when we were IN Kanto.

If Butterfree was actually interesting you could make an episode out of this.

Guessing its babies need saving?

I'd LOVE to see Butterfree again!

The whole gender thing would be um interesting...though Pink Male Pokemon are not unheard of remember the island of Pink Pokemon back in the Orange League Saga? Though personality I always through Ash's Butterfree was a male.

The debate about the scarf...well I mean all of this time since its been gone (no telling if it has been "years" since the anime isn't really specific on anything like that anymore they say months, weeks, annual for different events, tournament, contests, etc. but still) would you really expect it to keep wearing it THAT long?

I'm more curious to what all of this Kanto throwback is for. Don't get me wrong I'm loving it first Charizard, the numerous flashbacks in that episode and now this?

Either the writers are FINALLY giving us older fans something good by throwing back to make up for this crapping saga or it is something bigger.

Could this hint at a new character in Gen 6? Just to add closure to Ash's run in the series by going back to his old Pokemon? Just a thought.

All they need is Primeape and Pidgeot. If they show Ash traveling back to Kanto then I wouldn't be surprised if he saw it if he traveled through the forest her left it in.

Personally I would have rathered Pidgeot return given Butterfree's ending was closure, but Pidgeot was open ended.

I find it odd that we have more Kanto references now than in the Battle Frontier saga when we were IN Kanto.
Bye Bye Butterfree is far more memorable than Pallet Party Panic though.

I'm guessing the Kanto are references are kind of an "End of an era" type thing. Heck, the islands are called "Decolora". Decolour...XY being first games not named after colours in some way.

I love how everyone forgets that Ash saw Lapras again too.

Who forget that?

Nobody remembers that.

Dude, seriously.

Of course people remember that. What do you want, people to mention Lapras every other post or something? Why would they? Just because people don't talk about it, especially when it has no reference to the current series, doesn't mean they've forgotten.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder whether you even like this show.

I am personally looking forward to seeing Butterfree again. His Leaving episode was very emotional to my 7yo self

I am personally looking forward to seeing Butterfree again. His Leaving episode was very emotional to my 7yo self

There's no confirmation that the Butterfree in this episode is the one that Ash released. All we saw was a picture of Ash and a Butterfree, with the word "sayonara" written in English underneath the image (which may hint at, but does not strictly confirm that this is the same pokemon).

If this was Ash's Butterfree, then where is its scarf? Ever since it was released, Butterfree was animated with the scarf intact. Why would Ash's Butterfree abandon that accessory?

Ash's Charizard has appeared at least once every season, Ash's Butterfree hasn't appeared in over 750 episodes. Pretty big deal.

Charizard didn't appear at all in DP, not even in flashback material.

It's a scarf. It hasn't fused with its genetic make-up. It could have easily been taken off before that particular shot occurred.

It'll be pretty stupid for Satoshi to have an emotional moment with a random Butterfree when they could write it to be his old one.

(On the topic of the word "sayonara" written in English, it's underneath Dent and Iris's picture, and it appears that they're waving goodbye. If that is Satoshi's Butterfree, it's most likely a reunion shot and "sayonara" wouldn't fit it in that context.)

I hope it is him and he does hopefully stay but maybe not I just want to see him because he was the first capture for Ash.

Why would Butterfree, "stay?"

This gen is ending in a few months, Ash is going to dump his entire pokemon team behind to make room for new captures. Butterfree "staying" makes no difference as it'll be dumped at Oak's. Its likely to stay with its family like Lapras did.

Why would Butterfree, "stay?"

This gen is ending in a few months, Ash is going to dump his entire pokemon team behind to make room for new captures. Butterfree "staying" makes no difference as it'll be dumped at Oak's. Its likely to stay with its family like Lapras did.
And this is coming from someone who expects Ash to re-enter the Indigo League with his older Pokémon.

Butterfree could re-join Ash temporarily just as Charizard has done many times. Not only that, but unlike in Lapras' case, no indication was made that Butterfree would live out its days with its family. Once its babies have grown, they should all be able to move on.

Last edited:

well this is not a shocker

i mean this feels like another viewer gag to draw in viewers

but oh well butterfree

after....about 15-16 years, we see him again

HORRAY

ill just say pretend there is some FFIV music here for when you win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom