• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW130 - Satoshi and Butterfree! Until we meet again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW??? - Butterfree (Unconfirmed)

Wouldn't be surprised if it IS Ash's Butterfree, given the Kanto nostalgia. Ash also mentioned it twice back in DP.

So with Lapras seen again back in late Johto, that just leaves Pidgeot/Primeape as the only two Ash never saw again. Primeape being in the last opening may give it hope of a small cameo though.

I think that he only mentioned it once in DP, at the Aaron episode.
Anyways, that "Sayonara" right under an already released Pokemon doesn't make sense. Except if its for Iris/Cilan, of course...

If it is Satoshi's Butterfree, hopefully its appearance will end all of the "ZOMG Butterfree actually died in the Japanese version!!!!!" stuff.

If it is Satoshi's Butterfree, hopefully its appearance will end all of the "ZOMG Butterfree actually died in the Japanese version!!!!!" stuff.

'Pedia explicitly states that it hasn't died at the end of the article! I hope this has stopped all ZOMGs already!

Yet, I am pretty sure they just forgot that Buterfree had a scarf (they did forget Charla, can't they forget that?) :)

I hope if it is Ash's - someone uses Attract on it, it gets confirmed female and the world implodes.

I don't see the big deal, I think Pidgeot returning would have been better.

I dislike all this pandering to ancient episodes, the kids watching pokemon today weren't even born when Kanto was airing.

I hope if it is Ash's - someone uses Attract on it, it gets confirmed female and the world implodes.
Or Attract should show that its mate is male, since we all assumed it was female because it was pink. :p

I dislike all this pandering to ancient episodes, the kids watching pokemon today weren't even born when Kanto was airing.
And those kids can be excited by seeing a Butterfree and have no care in the world about the context that the people who do know about the older episodes have.

If it is a choice between bringing up one of Ash's older Pokemon, and having episodes like the recent one where a Buizel and Corphish both randomly appeared with Ash not making any reference whatsoever, I'd certainly prefer the former, and can't see how it would matter to a viewer who wasn't aware of things.

Continuity isn't pandering.

I don't see the big deal, I think Pidgeot returning would have been better.
What says that doesn't happen as well? If Ash is going to spend a decent amount of time in Kanto (seemingly on his own) then there could be several episodes dealing with plots like that.

Shush you. Let Pokémon pander all it wants. We oldies should have our fun.

I just find it bizarre given there's no Kanto remake coming.

What they should be doing is giving Ash's Gible and other Sinnoh pokes a brief return like how his old team gets shown in the next.

I just find it bizarre given there's no Kanto remake coming.

What they should be doing is giving Ash's Gible and other Sinnoh pokes a brief return like how his old team gets shown in the next.

I agree that Ash should have brought Gible back for a little while, making Iris happy and training that little shark. But I don't get the logic behind bringing the other Sinnoh pokes back. They had a good run.

Bringing Charizard and Butterfree is not about marketing a movie, or a Kanto remake. It's about making the fans happy and bringing the ratings up. Ash is in Unova doing absolutely nothing, a lazy ass mofo. Why not bring a little nostalgia to the mix?

How far is this place from the kanjohto mainland anyways? Seems like a ep to capitalize on the success Charizard got IMO.

Is anybody else but me is believing how much bullsh*t this is? All of these old, "never have been seen in a long time pokemon" showing up at the right moment to make older fans forget what bad writing this is. I mean the bug hasn't been seen in over 600 episode and now in Unova they suddenly bring it back without much foundation leading up to it. It's crazy.

This is not Ash's Butterfree. There is no yellow scarf.

WSDFGFWFEWANMFNJIVNWANFWEA

BUTTERFREE!!!!

Re: BW??? - Butterfree

tumblr_inline_mk4epfT7WO1qz4rgp.png

can we just take a minute to appreciate Ash

like look at his face, he looks so happy to see him again...this was the first pokemon he ever had to release....it was really hard for him, can you imagine what he's feeling right now?

put "kanto pandering" aside and just think about that.

Smash is going to rerun Butterfree's goodbye episode later today. Many kids will know about Ash's Butterfree soon enough.

This is not Ash's Butterfree. There is no yellow scarf.
So? The only reason Brock made that scarf was so that Butterfree would have an easier time attracting the pink Butterfree. The scarf has served its purpose.

Re: BW??? - Butterfree

Can we get MORE OS flashbacks BW-style? Please, please, please, Misty Battle and SS Anne!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom