• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW130 - Satoshi and Butterfree! Until we meet again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I highly dislike is that they're making us wonder about this, which they also did with Charizard and are still doing with Mewtwo. It's getting old.
Honestly, with Charizard ... it was way more obvious. He was confirmed to appear in the movie so it had to be Ash's.

Well, didn't some people say that it could belong to N or someone else back then? Most of us thought Charizard coming back was a bit random after such a crappy league outcome and finally starting the Team Plasma saga which could have be done ages ago.

Well, I'm sure there are many disappointments about this news, and even though I myself thought that Ash's Butterfree was likely coming back, I somehow can't say I'm not suprised it isn't, either. But that's fine with me, anyway, knowing that I never expected to ever see it again. Flashbacks are good enough for me.

It is really disappointing to see that Charizard managed to appear again, but Buttefree won't. Oh well, what more to expect of Best Wishes if not disappointments?

So either the Caterpie in this episode evolves into a Butterfree, or Ash's Butterfree will appear at the very end without its signature yellow scarf?

The writers seem to have Ash remembering his old pokemon lately just by seeing their pre-evolved forms. That never really happened too often in the past.

i don't think its confirmed yet whether Ash's butterfree will be appearing or not so we can't jump to any conclusions yet.

I'm pretty sure that this will be one of those "flashback" episodes where Ash remembers his Butterfree, finds a Caterpie and tries to help it out and how it reminds him of his Butterfree, and eventually this Caterpie is able to successfully become a Metapod and then a Butterfree.

Or something along those lines, I guess.

Regardless, troll on, writers. Troll on.

So either the Caterpie in this episode evolves into a Butterfree, or Ash's Butterfree will appear at the very end without its signature yellow scarf.
The scenarios are not mutually exclusive. Ash's Butterfree might thank him for helping its offspring evolve.

Ever since Ash and co. went to East Isshu Ash has been very reminiscent of the Pokemon he's encountered before arriving to Unova, particularly at the start of Best Wishes Season 2. However, it's not known whether or not his Butterfree makes a return in the anime since he was a released Pokemon, unlike Charizard who was still under his negligent ownership.

Edit: On another note, it looks like Ash and co. will split up soon, which saddens me. I've taken a huge liking for Iris. After dealing with that annoying blue-haired twerp's time-wasting contests it was a breath of fresh air that Iris wasn't interested on them and was pretty much straight-forward on what she wanted to become: a Dragon Master.

Last edited:
Edit: On another note, it looks like Ash and co. will split up soon, which saddens me. I've taken a huge liking for Iris. After dealing with that annoying blue-haired twerp's time-wasting contests it was a breath of fresh air that Iris wasn't interested on them and was pretty much straight-forward on what she wanted to become: a Dragon Master.

What does that have to do with anything? Everyone knew Iris was going to leave at the end of Best Wishes from day one. The writers advertising it ahead of time is a no-brainer.

I also don't think that ash's butterfree is'nt appearing either. So disappointing. -_- And if it does, prob at the tail end of the episode.

I think the writers are gonna troll us here, I just have a inkling feeling that they will.

Last edited:
From the updates we've been getting I'm starting not to get my hopes up either, however Ash's reactions to this are nice and that should be fun to watch, either way I'm looking forward to this.

130613_01.jpg

The VA List.

Ash
Iris
Cilan
Pikachu
Axew
Jessie
James
Meowth
Butterfree
Woobat
Nurse Joy
Parker
Swanna (Summary)
Ursaring (Sumamry)

Last edited:
A Caterpie is left behind at Migration Island. If it hasn't evolved into a Butterfree by the time the next rabble arrives, it's going to be all alone. Satoshi puts his heart and soul into helping it... and it eventually becomes time for an emotional farewell.
So that spells it out, I guess. An emotional farewell just because Ash helps it for a little while? Is this seriously supposed to be as emotional for Ash as releasing his own Butterfree was? Iris didn't cry when she let Deino go back to its trainer, even though she thought it might stay with her. If the writing were good then Ash would be thinking of his own Butterfree throughout the entire episode, but then why would he promise the new Butterfree that he will meet it again? To make matters worse, this Butterfree might be voiced by Rikako Aikawa, who voiced Ash's Butterfree.

I fail to see the point to this episode. It's one thing not to bring the original Butterfree back (although there is no reason not to do just that especially as they're playing the nostalgia card), but repliacting its last scene with a different Butterfree is absurd in my opinion. If this were an episode about Ash releasing Leavanny, at least it wouldn't be quite so contrived.

Last edited:
I'm sorry - what?

The anime writers did another copout? Again? Rather than, y'know, having an emotional reunion, Ash just meets Random Caterpie, gets reminded of his Butterfree because it's a damn Caterpie wanting to migrate?

Really? This could've been great, but why did the writers troll rather than doing actual good?

Wow, who cares if it doesn't have the same emotional appeal as meeting his own caterpie again. I love it when Ash helps a pokemon in need, that is seriously one of my favorite plotpoints in the show.

We have to remember that this might be extremely reminiscent for Ash since his first capture and release was butterfree. I'm sure he has some subjective attachment to the species.
(however, I'm still desperately clinging onto the possibility that that cateripie is somewhat related to ash's, fingers crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom