• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW132: Wish on Jirachi! The Seven-Day Miracle!!

A pretty nice episode. Nice to see a Jirachi again.

That song at the end, that was from the sixth movie, wasn't it? It sounded vaguely familiar.

I couldn't hear it all that well, but did Jirachi speak at the end?

A pretty nice episode. Nice to see a Jirachi again.

That song at the end, that was from the sixth movie, wasn't it? It sounded vaguely familiar.

I couldn't hear it all that well, but did Jirachi speak at the end?

It is from the 6th movie. :)

It was a pretty nice episode. I think Jirachi said something before falling asleep, but I couldn't hear it.

Yeah, that's Chiisaki Mono, the ending theme of the 6th movie.

I couldn't hear well either, but I think it didn't talk, but rather, mouthed something. Might've been arigatou, but considering the sound quality I watched the episode with, it's probably something entirely different XD

I couldn't hear well either, but I think it didn't talk, but rather, mouthed something. Might've been arigatou, but considering the sound quality I watched the episode with, it's probably something entirely different XD
Yeah, that's what I assumed, too. Didn't hear Jirachi say anything, just mouthing 'thank you'.

I don't know if Jirachi really speak at the end, but through the episode is saying Jiii-raa-chiii.

There's any pokemon from the main cast who have appeared.

And the ghost doesn't appear in this episode unlike some poster said. They doesn't appear int he next.

Possibly we know what happen to the ghost in two days.

Jiraachi just mouthed "arigatou." It didn't actually speak.

This week's episode was way better than last week's pile of shit. I liked that we actually got to see Jirachi battle for a bit at the end since it spent most of its movie just kind of playing around before it got captured by Butler.

I'm kind of surprised they used Chiisaki Mono since Best Wishes! hasn't been using anything older than the Giratina movie music, I think. Is this maybe a sign that they're going to start dipping into their back catalogue more often?

This was Ok i think, Last Week I think was better i think at least. I was really disappointed they did not have the Ghost Pokemon that were supposed to be in this Episode I think when will it show them for crying out loud ok.

What a bore fest. Just your typical team rocket and cotd ep. And unlike the lugia ep in Johtp the legendary didnt even act like one.

Just 2 weeks til gen 6 ep.

I wonder if they kept Jirachi silent at the end since his actress notably died on Tanabata, the festival Jirachi was based on, and it was her last role.

Shit man, I don't know if I can watch this episode...Chiisaki Mono always makes me tear up. The best Movie Song, imo, and even the dub kept it...mostly...in tact.

I'm kind of surprised they used Chiisaki Mono since Best Wishes! hasn't been using anything older than the Giratina movie music, I think.
Didn't they use the "Celebi's Revival" BGM from the fourth movie in BW052? And also the "Seting off" original series BGM played a couple of episodes ago.

Da! is on a roll, I didn't think I would like any of this episode at all, I legit didn't think I would. I thought Jirachi's debut would completely be a typical TR thief plot line in disguise judging from the summaries. I was surprised, this episode wasn't groundbreaking and it had a pretty basic idea but it was a good episode. I enjoyed the animation of Jirachi's Swift and Healing Wish, if it could have busted out of TR's little glass cage with Psychic I'm not sure why it didn't do that from the start. What really made the episode was hearing Chiisaki Mono at the end. I was expecting at least one piece of music from the Jirachi movie but I didn't foresee it being vocal. Getting it vocally was a whammy right in the emotions. The farewell scene and the music mingled together so well that it definitely brought a satisfying close to the episode and Jirachi going back to its 1,000 year sleep. The ending scene and music saved this episode well. I remember the instrumental vividly playing while Pikachu took on Oba's Goukazaru. Seriously, that ending scene made this episode worth watching in a way.

If the writers are going to force TR into every episode, I wish these Rocket battles at least had more essence and competence than a small struggle and Pikachu/Kibago Dragon Rage-Thunderbolting/Electro Balling them away every episode in a speedy blast off. I also wish they would change TR's motto animation a few times for Da! already, we've had the rose animation for ages know. They have quite a few they can cycle through.

Last edited:
Gabo 2oo said:
Didn't they use the "Celebi's Revival" BGM from the fourth movie in BW052?

I'm not able to check right *now*, but I'm pretty sure what they used there was the remix from the Zorro'ark movie.

And also the "Seting off" original series BGM played a couple of episodes ago.

Do you remember which episode? I can't imagine something like that escaping my notice.

Druddigon said:
I wish these Rocket battles at least had more essence and competence than a small struggle and Pikachu/Kibago Dragon Rage-Thunderbolting/Electro Balling them away every episode in a speedy blast off.

They incapacitated both Pikachu and Kibago very early in the battle by having Kojirou's Morobareru paralyze them. I'm not sure how that's not "competent."

I also wish they would change TR's motto animation a few times for Da! already, we've had the rose animation for ages know. They have quite a few they can cycle through.

Agreed. Though I think what they're doing now is treating the Rocket-Dan mottos like those transformation sequences from one of those magical girl shows and will probably keep recycling the same animation until the end of the series.

I wonder if they kept Jirachi silent at the end since his actress notably died on Tanabata, the festival Jirachi was based on, and it was her last role.

Shit man, I don't know if I can watch this episode...Chiisaki Mono always makes me tear up. The best Movie Song, imo, and even the dub kept it...mostly...in tact.

I sorta think that's the reason why jirachi is silent due to the death of the original voice actress.

I actually thought it did speak but it turns out it was mouthing words.

Gabo 2oo said:
Didn't they use the "Celebi's Revival" BGM from the fourth movie in BW052?

I'm not able to check right *now*, but I'm pretty sure what they used there was the remix from the Zorro'ark movie.
Hhmm... So that's why it sounded different to me. I completely forgot about that remix to tell the truth, so I just cheked and the one in BW052 is indeed the remix.

And also the "Seting off" original series BGM played a couple of episodes ago.

Do you remember which episode? I can't imagine something like that escaping my notice.
My bad again, it wasn't "Seting off", but "The Matter is Settled". My point remains since it's from the same original series soundtrack, so it's older than the Giratina movie music. It played exactly one couple of episodes ago (BW130), when Satoshi was training with Trancell at sunrise.

They incapacitated both Pikachu and Kibago very early in the battle by having Kojirou's Morobareru paralyze them. I'm not sure how that's not "competent."
I guess I should have explained it better, I felt like the resolution and their defeat was way too quickly. This is the same Morobareru that destroyed Pikachu with Body Slam back at the beginning of Episode N. Once Kibago and Pikachu were healed they managed to defeat Morobareru and Pururiru easily.

Agreed. Though I think what they're doing now is treating the Rocket-Dan mottos like those transformation sequences from one of those magical girl shows and will probably keep recycling the same animation until the end of the series.
Which is weird considering they just have so many different versions to use, then again I guess I could write off quite a few of the Black and White motto animations due to the words not matching the scenery.

I cried sooo much!!! what an ending!! and that song!!! ehhhhhhhhhrghhh

i think i'm in love with this saga, and beautiful episodes like this reminds me off it

D:

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom