• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW133: Shining Flying Saucer! Ohbem's Town!!

Team Rocket from this episode was the best TR from all the BW episodes.

I guess I expected more out of this episode, I don't know - Ash was funny and so were TR, but why did Pikachu have to snap out of it so soon? God forbid Ash uses Shivy or Charizard for once (at least it wasn't Oshawott).

Though I can say I liked TR in this episode, they weren't too goofy and yet they remained somewhat serious - it was a nice balance and hopefully we can see more of that. Overall, this was a somewhat underwhelming episode, oh well. At least we're getting Alexa soon!

I also liked the little scene at the ending where Iris and Cilan pulled Ash before he could fall into water. ^^

Musashi, Kojiro, Nyasu...! *tears of joy* Just wonderful! <3

JUST WONDERFUL TEAM ROCKET YOU GUYS ARE JUST THE BEST AT EVERYTHING TO ME.

I lol'd when the Ohbem said (through Nya-su) that idiots are less prone to being affected by their mind control spell (explaining why Satoshi, Musashi and Kojirou were the only ones not affected) then quickly rephrased it by saying that people with "special" brains are less prone to being affected, after seeing the 3 of them pissed off at what they said. That scene made my day.

Overall it was a fun episode. Episodes which Satoshi and TR team up are always a treat for me, and I'm glad this one turned out OK. TR were definitely their funniest in this episode, though still not comparable to their pre-BW selves. Maybe it's just me, but all their funny-ness in the past Da! episodes seemed forced and unnatural, as though the writers forgot how to make them funny or something.

One thing I don't understand is why Satoshi had to find that Amulet Coin. I don't think it served any purpose except for being identical to the missing part that the Ohbem were searching for. But, whatever.

Last edited:
A WONDERFULL EPISODE!!! The best since the BW 26. I LOVE IT!!! *_* The only BW episode that won my attention :D

201_zps6f173fb3.jpg

Be still my heart.

EDIT:
Also, seems I was right about the possession thing:
Just you wait, it turns out in order to be possessed by the Beheeyem you need to have a certain level of intelligence. Calling it now!

Best time to be right! Ahaha, oh my god, my lungs.

Last edited:
That was hilarious XD Especially Satoshi and TR's reaction to the reason they weren't affected. Classic.

The art and animation was really nice this week, but that's to be expected of Iwane. ^^

And yeah, Satoshi and the Rockets' shock-followed-by-anger at the reason why they weren't possessed was hilarious. And how quickly they were satisfied by the obvious backtracking (it's harder for them to get into the heads of "special" people... and Musashi's like "does that mean we're geniuses?! :D").

The trick Kibago/Axew played on Satoshi at the end was a tiny bit cruel, but the scene was very funny and sweet, overall. It was an episode that closed on everybody laughing, but it felt very genuine this time.

There were a lot more Japanese specific things than usual in this episode, from the omamori koban (an omamori is a protective amulet, the koban is an old Japanese currency, what Nyasu's forehead charm is based on) to the "ware ware wa Oubem" line parodying "ware ware wa uchuujin," the same stereotypical alien line parodied in the last Oubem episode. I wonder how the dub will handle them.

This episode was funny and cute. There were a lot of unbelievably convenient occurrences, but considering the lighthearted and very silly tone of this episode, I couldn't take them seriously enough to be bothered by them.

Okay, I checked every single scene with a Beheeyem on it, and I must praise the animators for messing up the Pokémon light colours only four times, I thought they were not even going to try. All the times they made a mistake, all three colors on both hands were misplaced, though.

I wonder how the dub will handle them.
It's not the first time koban are referenced or have played some role in an episode, so they will probably just call the koban an Amulet Coin, like the game item. Which Pokémon will they show in the Who's That Pokémon segment is what I think they could be concerned about, so my take is on Team Rocket's Meowth because Pikachu is the only other choice. Unless they use a Pokémon seen as a mask, which would be really weird.

Last edited:
Satoshi's reactions and Iwane's animation were enough to made this episode. This one was really amusing.

Maybe it's just me, but all their funny-ness in the past Da! episodes seemed forced and unnatural, as though the writers forgot how to make them funny or something.

Although I agree with this, I do think they're on an upward trend. In this episode I thought that there were moments when they were genuinely fun to watch, and they had more personality than they've had since DP ended.

The thing they've been struggling with IMO is not personality so much, but their interactions. But the thing that previously made them a class act (and the thing which is still missing) was that they had enjoyable relationships which were on the one hand hilarious to watch, but we occasionally got glimpses of how genuinely close there were. I agree that it feels like the writers have forgotten how to do it. Fingers crossed that this episode is an indication that things in that department are on the mend :)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom