• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW135: Mystery of the Treasure! Deserted Island Adventure!!

Kadabra is consider taboo to not just the anime but also the TCG.
If Kadabra is taboo, why did it appear it in a Battle Frontier episode?
The Bulbapedia page for the episode gives you the reason why.

"This episode marks the final anime appearance of Kadabra. This may be due to the incident involving Uri Geller's lawsuit."

While it can't be certain, the writers probably didn't know about the incident until after the production of this episode.

While it can't be certain, the writers probably didn't know about the incident until after the production of this episode.
The "incident" dates back to 2000 while the episode aired five years later, so that explanation makes little sense. Kadabra is hardly the only Pokémon that hasn't appeared in a long time.

Nobody noticed how in the last episode, the cruise ship everybody was in was red-striped and they were with the red Parker, just like in the first cruise ship they used in the arc? And how in this episode they are in a green-striped cruise ship, like the second one they used? So, are they reusing all ships and the next one will be yellow?

The episode was decent, but it could be done a lot better, especially without the Eevees being in it, since they need to shove the Eeveelutions down our throat as much as possible because of Sylveon, especially all three needing to evolve to, again, shove them down our throats. I'll give it a 6/10.

Still waiting on a Mienfoo/Mienshao centered episode, but I think it's too late for that since they're Gen 5 Pokemon and will soon be shoved to the side, never to be seen again, to make more room for the new Gen 6 Pokemon, which dissapoints me.

Last edited:
Heliotile was a lot of Fun in this Episode I think and It also got some Character Development I think at least and was a lot fun to Me.

Or is Noivern a runaway Pokemon that actually belongs to Alexa?
you would think with all of Heliotile's facial reactions, he would be the possible "runaway pokemon". heck his reaction to seeing the Honchcrow looks like he is going to get run over by a speeding Ford Econoline van. also more eevee... are they suppost to be the new cute watchogs? the episode seem a little bit too predictable to me 6/10

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom