• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW136: Ibuki and Iris! The Different Colored Crimgan!!

Well, this episode was okay. I loved Iris's flashbacks ofc but the old scenes look really ... strange, dunno, something's off about them. Also, seems as if Clair is going to meet Drayden so there's still a possibility of Drayden suggesting Iris accompanies her to Johto.

Well, this episode was okay. I loved Iris's flashbacks ofc but the old scenes look really ... strange, dunno, something's off about them. Also, seems as if Clair is going to meet Drayden so there's still a possibility of Drayden suggesting Iris accompanies her to Johto.

Probably Not Man, I think Ok, I don't get all of this talk and Iris will probably just go back to Unova or something I do not know?.

Probably Not Man, I think Ok, I don't get all of this talk and Iris will probably just go back to Unova or something I do not know?.
Unless Iris goes to Johto.

Drayden has already noted that Iris isn't the kind of girl who can just rest at one place, that's why he initially suggested that she learns while traveling because she'd feel much better like than than confined within school with no friends. I believe that for the same reason Iris wouldn't really like having the obligations of a gym leader, being obliged to stay at one place. Sure, she'd battle some powerful trainers, but then what? Also, Iris could progress in her goal much better if she kept on traveling and perhaps caught a few more dragons. :/ Axew could progress that way too.

Plus, it's not a coincidence that Clair appeared this late in the saga, met Iris and is now going to meet Drayden.

Unless Iris goes to Johto.

Drayden has already noted that Iris isn't the kind of girl who can just rest at one place, that's why he initially suggested that she learns while traveling because she'd feel much better like than than confined within school with no friends. I believe that for the same reason Iris wouldn't really like having the obligations of a gym leader, being obliged to stay at one place. Sure, she'd battle some powerful trainers, but then what? Also, Iris could progress in her goal much better if she kept on traveling and perhaps caught a few more dragons. :/ Axew could progress that way too.

Plus, it's not a coincidence that Clair appeared this late in the saga, met Iris and is now going to meet Drayden.

Ok so maybe it will happen but it will probably be another Unsolved Question in the Pokemon Anime Universe like others before.

Ok so maybe it will happen but it will probably be another Unsolved Question in the Pokemon Anime Universe like others before.
We shall see. Either could happen, I'm just speculating 'bout the possibility.

One thing that bugged me about this episode was how the animators put absolutely no effort in making any of the winged pokemon look like they actually need said wings to fly. I counted maybe one or two times where they actually bothered to have them flap their wings (and even then it was in a really unrealistic way) while all the rest of the time they just sort of hovered there, unmoving. So lazy, so cheap.

I know this is a recurring problem and that there are probably other episodes where this is more of an issue, but for some reason it really bothered me this week.

The thing that bugged me about this episode was not only the wing problem, but how lazy the animators were overall. Worse than the Butterfree episode. The first half of this episode is painful to watch just because how weirdly drawn everybody is, and that's a shame since the plot is pretty good.

Now that the twerps are traveling with Alexa and she seems to know about Decolora, Parker seems to be getting a bit abandoned, and I'm dissapointed about that. Plus instead of showing new Parkers, they're just meeting the same again, and in the same order. But I liked Alexa's strange interacting with Parker (provided that this is the first time both characters are seen interacting, she just randomly pops out behind him (although it could be my Parker fanboyism talking)).

A great thing about this episode is that Team Rocket is actually doing something competent and being funny at the same time, and at this point I'm glad they didn't say the motto because of the recicled footage. I also liked seeing them using a bazooka again, though come to think, they used a much smaller implement for exactly the same purpose five episodes ago.

It was a nice touch that Clair's Dragonite's eyes have the old style to differentiate them from Iris' Dragonite's. The Dragonite rivarly was left unresolved and to be frank, the last scenes were more of a "we'll meet again, so let's not overdo ourselves with the partings" rather than a "so I guess this is goodbye... I'm gonna miss you, but we will meet someday, be sure of it! (actually no, LOL)" farewell. I'm sure Clair will reappear and take Iris to Johto so she would be her apprentice.

Nice to see Outrage more, it's such an awesome move and so underused (only used by that wild Dragonite and Iris' Kibago before). This was a great episode.

I don't think Charizard should be that weak against 2 Dragonites. They are pseudo-legends, but Iris' has been a ditz lots of times (lost to Ash's Krookodile), also Clair's was already beaten by Clair as a Dragonair (and that is, 10 years of Charicific Valley ago). He should at least be able to fight back. Doing nothing not only did shove off his old personality, but also makes him more and more useless in Best Wishes.

What also bugs me over and over is how TR managed to get a good plan for catching a wild Pokemon, yet the good guys have to stop them. If only TR did catch some Pokemon the normal way, they would have better teams and be more competent. We can say that using 2 v 1 was unfair, but still, there is no rule/law to prevent them for catching a Drudiggon that way.

Just curious, did Clair make any sort of proposition to Iris for her to come with Clair or something?

No, they simply promised to battle one another someday, if memory serves!

I really liked this episode, especially the flashbacks, because I enjoyed the continuity references (Satoshi recognizing Ibuki and calling her by name, the flashback, Ibuki's Kairyuu's flower-loving nature) and loved the little Iris flashbacks. The parallels between her and Ibuki were fun too!

Dent, dear, why are you shipping the two Kairyuu? Where do you even come up with these scenarios? Also, stop chewing your words, it's hard to tell what you're saying. xD;;

I was honestly surprised that Iris at some point disliked Dragon Types and found them too scary and violent, but I guess it makes sense... she was such a little kid (that... reference wasn't intentional) and that's probably why she hung around more docile, Normal and Water Type Pokemon closer to her size. It was nice to see Ibuki again, I love her new design and voice! The scene where Dent and Satoshi were talking about Iris while she just gave them these diffusing looks felt very natural, I loved it.

The Rocket trio were pretty competent today too... and vaguely leaning on the fourth wall, addressing no one in particular. Poor things got taken out when they didn't heed Ibuki's warning, though: don't get that Crimgan angry!

What also bugs me over and over is how TR managed to get a good plan for catching a wild Pokemon, yet the good guys have to stop them. If only TR did catch some Pokemon the normal way, they would have better teams and be more competent. We can say that using 2 v 1 was unfair, but still, there is no rule/law to prevent them for catching a Drudiggon that way.
Well, if they did let Team Rocket get it, the TRio would have a rare and very dangerous Pokemon they can use to commit crimes or generally use for nefarious purposes.

Well, if they did let Team Rocket get it, the TRio would have a rare and very dangerous Pokemon they can use to commit crimes or generally use for nefarious purposes.

I know, that was not the point. I mean that TRio has a much better chance of catching Pikachu if they catch and train Pokemon normally.
But they still don't, for plot purposes.

I don't think Charizard should be that weak against 2 Dragonites.
it was either they make charizard look weak or have a bell ringing with chants of "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" in the background. Unfortunatly the first choice was made (to keep the upset parents away). but thats all that comes to my mind when i see that scene

It seems Pokemon has now offically hit "Chrysler Quality". but still 20 errors??? Do they not inspect the cels or animation sequinces?

She can't head off to Johto yet. She has to pay ash a visit in Kalos before heading to the main girl devourer.

I am not even sure if we will see Clair ever again.
She is in the opening, but did they mention in Japanese that she may return??

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom