• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW136: Ibuki and Iris! The Different Colored Crimgan!!

The Rocket-Dan had a really good plan up until the very end there.

It's too bad that'll probably mostly be ignored because they're not "cool" and "competent" anymore

Wait, what happened to the second Dragonite. I missed that part.

But the episode was alright. And Alexa left them and missed everything.

I lold when Amoongus kept body slamming Druddigon when ash and the others arrived.

Just curious, did Clair make any sort of proposition to Iris for her to come with Clair or something?

So I guess the running theme in Da! is not to destroy a girls flower, because they will be mad and it will cause some issues. :p

So I guess the running theme in Da! is not to destroy a girls flower, because they will be mad and it will cause some issues. :p

I Guess so Man, DO NOT DESTROY FLOWERS FROM Now on, Funny Scenes I think.

I am giving ita 10/10 it was a good and Clever Episode with A LOT OF Nostalgia to Me Guys.

It was an okay episode overall, and it was nice seeing Claire again. Her interacting with Iris, and re-acting to Cilan antics were okay too. But the whole rampaging/angry dragon plot has worn out it's welcome.

Last edited:
Team Rocket was Funny but I Did not get why Alexa left for the whole Episode, I did not get that at all People.

I think there's some kind of mandate that the writers have to eventually make every female character adapt a ditzy personality.

When the good guys came running up to see Team Rocket fighting the shiny Druiddigon, I was almost expecting them to try and stop the Rockets, since it's only okay if they themselves beat up Pokemon and seal them into balls. Thankfully that didn't happen.

Considering the new X and Y games are coming up, you'd think the writers would be more aggressive about shoving Alexa and her team down our throats.

And like almost every other appearance in this season, Charizard does absolutely nothing.

So yeah, meh episode.

The shiny Druddigon also knew Dragon Rage.

For an episode featuring Clair, it was a rather underwhelming one. The conflict between the two Dragonite felt out of place here. I would have wanted Clair's Dragonite to use an attack here to justify its off-screen evolution, but the writers wanted to hit home that attacking an enraged pokemon is not the only solution to calming it down.

Well, at least we saw how much Charizard changed since it went to the Charicific Valley. Previously when it was shoved around or attacked by another pokemon, Charizard would have been enraged itself and battled anything it saw as an enemy. Here Charizard was shoved once and kicked twice by the two Dragonite. It was righteously angry, but Charizard wasn't reckless and did not charge in here. Granted Ash returned it to its Poke Ball the second time, but it didn't seem like Charizard lost control yet.

I like how the anime keeps treating Druddigon like this big thing while in the games it's, like, the least impressive Dragon ever.

Altaria is now sad you took away its title.

The shiny Druddigon also knew Dragon Rage.

For an episode featuring Clair, it was a rather underwhelming one. The conflict between the two Dragonite felt out of place here. I would have wanted Clair's Dragonite to use an attack here to justify its off-screen evolution, but the writers wanted to hit home that attacking an enraged pokemon is not the only solution to calming it down.

Well, at least we saw how much Charizard changed since it went to the Charicific Valley. Previously when it was shoved around or attacked by another pokemon, Charizard would have been enraged itself and battled anything it saw as an enemy. Here Charizard was shoved once and kicked twice by the two Dragonite. It was righteously angry, but Charizard wasn't reckless and did not charge in here. Granted Ash returned it to its Poke Ball the second time, but it didn't seem like Charizard lost control yet.

I would have liked Charizard to have grown strong enough to be able to push back and win instead.

I would have liked Charizard to have grown strong enough to be able to push back and win instead.

Charizard holding itself back from recklessly battling anybody it sees as an enemy is a notable milestone in its development. It was pushed several times during this episode that violence is not the answer to every problem, and sometimes fighting can make a situation worse. Clair and Iris stopped their pokemon from battling each other the first time, and both Clair and Iris have calmed an enraged Druddigon down by showing it love and care.

It's nice to see that Charizard has learned to use its strength when it is necessary instead of attacking anything that it sees. It's not that Charizard is weaker than the Dragonite, but it has compromised itself to settle its conflict without battling them. Charizard was sent out to help the Dragonite remove the steel door, and it followed Ash's command to let the Dragonite duo handle it. The mission to find the shiny Druddigon was more important.

Last edited:

Charizard holding itself back from recklessly battling anybody it sees as an enemy is a notable milestone in its development. It was pushed several times during this episode that violence is not the answer to every problem, and sometimes fighting can make a situation worse. Clair and Iris stopped their pokemon from battling each other the first time, and both Clair and Iris have calmed an enraged Druddigon down by showing it love and care.

It's nice to see that Charizard has learned to use its strength when it is necessary instead of attacking anything that it sees. It's not that Charizard isn't weaker than the Dragonite, but it has compromised itself to settle its conflict without battling them. Charizard was sent out to help the Dragonite remove the steel door, and it followed Ash's command to let the Dragonite duo handle it. The mission to find the shiny Druddigon was more important.

Good Response Man because Violence does not solve Anything at all.

So did this episode shed some light on Iris' fate post-BW?

Did they ever explain why Kibago doesn't go in it its pokeball?

In-universe, doesn't seem to be much of a reason beyond it seemingly preferring to travel in Iris' hair. Axew's Poké Ball has never been mentioned, but Excadrill has a Poké Ball, so I imagine Axew has one.

Out-of-universe, it's possibly to go with Iris' whole natural theme, and almost definitely to have the traveling companion's small, cute, un-evolving mascot Pokémon travelling outside of its Ball for maximum shenanigans and being cute (the odd exception being Dawn's Piplup during the first 60 or so episodes of DP, when it stayed inside its Poké Ball.)

Last edited:

It's nice to see that Charizard has learned to use its strength when it is necessary instead of attacking anything that it sees. It's not that Charizard isn't weaker than the Dragonite, but it has compromised itself to settle its conflict without battling them. Charizard was sent out to help the Dragonite remove the steel door, and it followed Ash's command to let the Dragonite duo handle it. The mission to find the shiny Druddigon was more important.

It does when your dream is to become a pokemon master.

It does when your dream is to become a pokemon master.

True, and I Am not going to Argue here because it is true in this kind of a Universe so U are Right one 1 Point Man.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom