• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Review BW138: GoGo Gogoat!

Reaction score
Did Ash realize that Gogoat's a grass type in this episode!?! 'Cause I heard him saying something like "Googooto no kusa taipu" or something like that.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Yeah, he didn't know Gogoat's type before, apparently.

Also, Unchou Ishizuka's Gogoat just sounds like Orchid-Hakase making goat noises. Which is hilarious.

Reaction score
Meh, this was an Ok Episode did NOT Understand The Episode at all but still a Mediocre Episode. To Think this has got barely any Posts because Everyone Else is Talking about the Other Stuff that has Happened Today.

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
It was an okay episode. I mean, it was practically written to depict Gogoat's dex entry (the ability to feel other people's emotions and its willingness to help people) and the new option in the game provided by Gogoat, to jump up the ledges. If that was the purpose of this episode, then it succeeded in its intentions.

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
In that flashback, it looked like Gogoat was putting its face in Alexa's chest.

So I learned that Gogoat is a bit of a perv.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
It appears that Alexa caught Gogoat before she met Helioptile. Was it stated in this episode that Gogoat was Alexa's first pokemon?

Reaction score
Even though I was already unhappy about Alexa being shown with her Helioptile and Gogoat in the opening sequence, instead of just one Pokémon like everyone else, it wasn't really a big thing. But adding Noivern is just too much.

I liked the episode overall, the backstory about Alexa and Gogoat was somewhat touching, and I think the music is what mostly made it that way. Also, Alexa seems a lot like a loner, and the Ducklet scene was pretty funny. Was that the Kalos region?

I didn't like how Ash called his team "Lizardon-tachi", and how Helioptile did... absolutely nothing. Also, does anybody knows...

...what the heck is that?

Reaction score
Even though I was already unhappy about Alexa being shown with her Helioptile and Gogoat in the opening sequence, instead of just one Pokémon like everyone else, it wasn't really a big thing. But adding Noivern is just too much.

I liked the episode overall, the backstory about Alexa and Gogoat was somewhat touching, and I think the music is what mostly made it that way. Also, Alexa seems a lot like a loner, and the Ducklet scene was pretty funny. Was that the Kalos region?

I didn't like how Ash called his team "Lizardon-tachi", and how Helioptile did... absolutely nothing. Also, does anybody knows...

...what the heck is that?
Badly drawn Flowers.

Proud Pokeservative!
Reaction score
this episode helps reaffirm why ducklett are some of my favorite pokemon although the rest of the episode was meh at best

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score
Okay I can agree that the episode itself was pretty boring, but Gogoat was really cute and I felt that it was shown off pretty nicely in this episode. The backstory between Pansy and Gogoat was adorable, though....did she say she ever actually captured Gogoat, or if it is just her companion?

Gogoat is certainly becoming one of my favorite Pokemon ;~~;

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Gabo 2oo said:
I didn't like how Ash called his team "Lizardon-tachi"
In that scene he was explaining why he couldn't use any of his pokemon to help them cross the canyon. If you think of the sentence as "I can't use Lizardon (who's the pokemon on my team who's the most capable of transporting humans from one place to the other) or any of my other pokemon because I left them back at the Pokemon Center" then I think you'll see that he's not really playing favorites. He's bringing up Lizardon because that's the first pokemon of his people would think to use in that situation.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
Why the hell does he remember pikachu but not his best pokemon is the better qiestion.

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
Pikachu is glued to his side and can actively follow him wherever he goes.

Reaction score
Finally, an episode where we got to see Gogoat doing something cool, I just love his voice and personality. And I kinda liked that kid and his thing with that drawing.

King of Luxray
Reaction score
This episode looked interesting from the images and previews, but it was really boring. I'd say it's my least favorite episode in BW for how not much stuff really happened.