• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW142: My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Winterdaze

fight me
Reaction score
BW142 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Animation: Team Kato
Animation director: Kunihiko Natsume

After arriving in the Kanto region, Ash goes back to his hometown Pallet Town. He immediately decides to visit his Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory, where he reunites with them along the companions he had during his journey through the Unova region. However, Team Rocket bursts in once again.

A nice episode.

I liked the group photo of all of Ash's Pokemon at the Lab.

tumblr_mtqaidrleY1r2iinvo1_500.jpg

uwuwuwu

that last scene in the end was the perfect way to end bw ;w;

That's a nice picture :')

So Gliscor stayed at the lab?

Nobody show this picture to poor Squirtle :O

Satoshi's desk is full of stuff that he got in Sinnoh and all he has to put on there from Unova is the badge case? And people say he wasted years of his neveraging live in Unova. :x

I loved the little montage of old companions and especially the group shot ( yay! glion is at oak's! :) ).

Did TR really give Sakaki their Unova Pokémon as presents? Ah well, was never too fond of them anyway. Sonansu being back is a godsend though.

Thanks to my new job this will probably be the last episode of Pokémon I might be able to watch live and I think it was a fitting one. Somehow it feels like BW came and went much quicker than I imagined.

EDIT: Oh, looks like they forgot about Kenji! Poor guy. Maybe he was mopping the floor at Kasumi's once again? :p

TeddiUrsa said:
EDIT: Oh, looks like they forgot about Kenji! Poor guy. Maybe he was mopping the floor at Kasumi's once again? :p

Orchid-Hakase does actually tell Satoshi that Kenji went over to the Hanada Gym to help Kasumi, so no you're not too far off.

AN EXCELLENT Episode and I Give it a 10/10 AND NICE that all of Ash's Old Pokemon were here, so Gliscor STATED NICE.
Team Rocket were EXCELLENT And LOL TO Giovanni, hopefully Ed Paul can Pull off this Scene Here. Wobbuffet RETURNED YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS BEST RETURN EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR.

It was really nice to know that Satoshi spent some time with his other Pokemon, even if it did happen off-screen.

I really do find it odd that Ash can go around the lab and only run into his Tauros lol. At least we got confirmation that the leader of the pack is the one he uses(I would assume the leader would be the one in the pic). Also OMG Gliscor <3!!!

Did Charizard go back to the valley or is he sticking around the lab this time??

can we talk about ash’s mom tho

in battle frontier’s ending she cried and figured that when ash would come back home he’d immediately go start his next journey when he told her he’d be going to sinnoh and now when he came back she finished making his kalos clothes already before he even told her he wanted to go to kalos

what an incredible mom

THE PICTURE AT THE END IS SOOOOOOOO GREAT, Best Scene in all of BW I Think
This is My Response to Wobbuffet. :bawl::bawl::bawl: WHY DID THE WRITERS HAVE TO GET RID OF U WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

in battle frontier’s ending she cried and figured that when ash would come back home he’d immediately go start his next journey when he told her he’d be going to sinnoh and now when he came back she finished making his kalos clothes already before he even told her he wanted to go to kalos
Considering he just came back from wearing the same clothes every day for *time period* he probably needs new ones regardless of whether he's going to go travelling.

I wonder if the dub will manage to squeeze in a mention of changing his underwear?

Did Charizard go back to the valley or is he sticking around the lab this time??

He's staying at the lab. Was also nice to get confirmation regarding Glion's location.

Also did anyone else notice the fact that the music playing during the Rocket motto was the first BW theme which was ditched along with the black uniforms? Considering this was one of the only things about Serious Team Rocket I liked, I'm glad they dusted it off for a final go.

I dunno, this episode kind of shown a light on just how crappy Satoshi treats his mom. She always seems so happy to see her only son and to catch up with him and yet all he can do is figure out how to get away from her as quickly as he can. I thought there was going to be some actual drama in this show when Hanako looked all gloomy at that one point, but nope! - it was just her giving him new clothes.

The least they could do is have an unspecified amount of time pass between the last episode of Best Wishes! and the first episode of XY so we could pretend that he didn't set out on his next journey less than 24 hours after finishing his old one.

So I assume Giovanni said nothing of interest regarding Team Rocket?

You know, I love how boss Goukazaru is looking in that picture, like its saying "No-one messes with me, not unless they want me to get my Blaze on!".

I dunno, this episode kind of shown a light on just how crappy Satoshi treats his mom. She always seems so happy to see her only son and to catch up with him and yet all he can do is figure out how to get away from her as quickly as he can. I thought there was going to be some actual drama in this show when Hanako looked all gloomy at that one point, but nope! - it was just her giving him new clothes.

The least they could do is have an unspecified amount of time pass between the last episode of Best Wishes! and the first episode of XY so we could pretend that he didn't set out on his next journey less than 24 hours after finishing his old one.

Clearly some time must have passed since Satoshi and his Pokemon got together to take the photo.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom