• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW142: My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

What a good way to end BW, I like how Ash spend time with his older Pokemon that will be at Oak's forever as he will never use them on his team battle ever again since Ash only likes Pikachu and Charizard and catches new Pokemon to replace his older ones.

Also, Wobbuffet is BACK!!! I missed that blue blob so much!

Pidove, Pidgey, Starly, Noctowl and Taillow in the wild or at the ranch. I like to think that Ash's birds all got lucky.

Even if that were true, the baby pokemon's species is inherited from its mother.

Unfezant is female. We know Staraptor is male, and there is a very good chance that Swellow is also male. It wouldn't be possible for all of Ash's birds to "get lucky" if the anime follows game conventions.
Yeah, I made a post about it earlier, but deleted it since I didn't want the joke to get too drawn out. I wouldn't be surprised if they just belonged to other trainers, since Ash can't be the only trainer travelling through multiple regions.

But considering the anime hasn't gone too deep into breeding, they could always do away with that silly quirk if they wanted to. Or that the birds ARE female (with Staraptor being a lesbian), but there's no real evidence to that idea and I'm just fooling around here, so please don't mistake me for being serious here.

Last edited:
Pidove, Pidgey, Starly, Noctowl and Taillow in the wild or at the ranch. I like to think that Ash's birds all got lucky.

Even if that were true, the baby pokemon's species is inherited from its mother.

Unfezant is female. We know Staraptor is male, and there is a very good chance that Swellow is also male. It wouldn't be possible for all of Ash's birds to "get lucky" if the anime follows game conventions.

Its different in the anime. Im pretty sure a bird orgy is possible somehow

I'm guessing the animators are assuming everyone forgot that Misty had a more current outfit, or that since her AG outfit is not an outfit seen in the games, like May''s DP outfit being from Emerald, it would be out of place. Only reason Brock has his DP outfit by that logic would be because he left relatively recently compared to her.

Nice to see Ash's Unova Pokemon having one last hurrah before being benched for the saga. Compared to other last episodes of a saga, this one tailored to the saga's respective Pokemon much better.

And I'm guessing Ash's hair growth in XY is just a stylistic choice and not a sign that he aged, since he seems to be leaving for Kalos right now. Not that I'm surprised about this or anything.

Stylistic choice or just a reeeeaaally long plane flight.

Musashi and Kojiro gave their Isshu Pokémon away as if it was nothing. Wow they really didn't give a crap about them, did they?

Sonansu is back! :D I was kind of hoping for a scene where Musashi emotionally reunites with Sonansu, but hey...

...guess that's the way it is?

Such a nice episode, really heartwarming. Personally I had liked to see some more of Ash and all of his Pokémon, but the picture is satisfying too I guess. Oak interacting with Kalos Pokémon was cool, as was Wobbuffet's return. Though it is a bit sad TR's other Pokémon will crumble to dust in TR's headquarters. Oh well, good ending to a series that has brought up really strong emotions, whether you liked it or not.

And I really like the connection it has to the next series, Ash actually boarding the plane that will get him to Kalos at the end of the episode. Also puts an end to the (IMO) pointless debate about Best Wishes being retconned as non-canon.

Finally, the nightmare known as Best Wishes has finally ended.

None of that here, please. Don't comment in an episode review thread unless you actually have something to say about the episode in question.
What g-san said.

And adding to this, the anime mods have been working to try and improve the atmosphere of the section, but everyone needs to make an effort. Random insults and bashing of characters and sagas aren't going to make this place friendlier and more welcoming. There's a time and place to vent about BW, just not in this thread.

Man this episode had everything!
Ahh how sweet was it when Ash's mom made his outfit? Wobbufett is back bitches!
The Music that was play when they where around the table was just man.
The all out attack against Team Rocket was both epic and funny.
Giovanni looked pissed.
At the end of the episode you see a picture of Ash and most of his Pokemon.
Farewell Best Wishes you we're one of my favorites and I know other peoples favorites too.
BEST WISHES!

Great Personality's We got from Woobat, Yamask, Amoongus, and Frillish because they had a GREAT AMOUNT OF Screen Time. Facepalm.

Best episode of Best Wishes hands down. Sure we didn't see his reserves, but the lead up to the end of the episode was everything I hoped for. 10/10 would watch again!

Musashi and Kojiro gave their Isshu Pokémon away as if it was nothing. Wow they really didn't give a crap about them, did they?

Sonansu is back! :D I was kind of hoping for a scene where Musashi emotionally reunites with Sonansu, but hey...

...guess that's the way it is?

Even if they did technically give their Pokemon to Giovanni, he probably realized they didn't catch them for him and stored them with the rest of Jessie and James' Pokemon.

I love how they replicated Ash's room from Pokémon , I Choose You!

wUCzgc2.png

Here's the same image without the arrows and circles, in case you want to take a better look without them.
e3hv0fj.png

Anyway, it was a great episode! It's probably my favorite last episode of a series; everything was done in a very simple yet effective way. I can't wait for Kalos!

Soooo, I just watched the episode, and Satoshi IS really more of an ass than usual. I feel so bad for his mom :( Still, I liked the episode, so glad to see Sonansu again :)

I love how they replicated Ash's room from Pokémon , I Choose You!

wUCzgc2.png

Here's the same image without the arrows and circles, in case you want to take a better look without them.
e3hv0fj.png

Anyway, it was a great episode! It's probably my favorite last episode of a series; everything was done in a very simple yet effective way. I can't wait for Kalos!

The only difference is, I think Ash's TV became a flatscreen.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom