• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW142: My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

I love how they replicated Ash's room from Pokémon , I Choose You!

wUCzgc2.png

Here's the same image without the arrows and circles, in case you want to take a better look without them.
e3hv0fj.png

Anyway, it was a great episode! It's probably my favorite last episode of a series; everything was done in a very simple yet effective way. I can't wait for Kalos!

The only difference is, I think Ash's TV became a flatscreen.
He also got a laptop.

I love how they replicated Ash's room from Pokémon , I Choose You!

wUCzgc2.png

Here's the same image without the arrows and circles, in case you want to take a better look without them.
e3hv0fj.png

Anyway, it was a great episode! It's probably my favorite last episode of a series; everything was done in a very simple yet effective way. I can't wait for Kalos!

The only difference is, I think Ash's TV became a flatscreen.
He also got a laptop.

That stereo also became less black

Also, I think it's funny how this series ended in a way that's the opposite of how it started; In BW001, Ash landed on a plane and arrived at a new region (Unova), and in this episode, Ash boarded a plane and took off to a new region (Kalos). He also only had Pikachu with him on both of the plane flights. Book ends, much?

This episode made me feel bad for Ash. Seriously the guy's gone threw hell and they just can't give him a league win. I mean he's long deserved a league win and it is kinda heart breaking to see the writers keep him down for so long.

Such an emotional episode. It was great to see all of Satoshi's Unova team in one episode. Going to miss Miju a lot in Kalos - it was great to see Buizel even if it was just in the photo. At least 9/10 for me.

At times Kalos will be annoying now that Sonansu has returned.

(I almost cried during the opening and ending theme song - it's also within my top 10 favorite Best Wishes, not in the top 5 though - more like 6th favorite).

This episode was bittersweet. I can't believe how careless Ash is about his mother. Poor woman don't see her son for years and first thing on his mind was visiting Oak lab and pokemon. Good thing Alexa was there to knock some sense into him and i must say i enjoyed in her interactions with Ash and Oak while documentaring his work with Pokemon. She is enthusiastic and quite lively having certain charm about her.

That said it was nice to see Ash thinking about friends he traveled with while laying on grass and reflecting on his journey(surprisingly Misty was again only companion which is showed in older outfit). But im disappointed how none of them returned in person. Hell even Ash himself was disappointed when finding out how Tracey went to see Misty.

They could have showed at least those two. It was forever we heard from most and cognition of maybe never seeing them in flesh again getting update,what they are up too and experience enjoyable chemistry their personalities and antics bring with themselves is sad and discouraging to think about. :-(
Bring back chronicles i say, there surely exists ton of potential to make many unique stories for abandoned characters.

At least ending with Ash taking picture with all his pokemon was touching and memorable to see adding extra touch to whole episode. That Infernape with crossed arms look like real badass and Kigler brings back many memories(i miss that guy).

I guess return of Wobbuffet is one of better parts of this episode too.
All in all not bad, but could have been much better.

Last edited:
do u think they will keep that finale shot of the photo in the dubbed vesion? obviously since they cant run video after the credits here, could it be shown possibly after the " A NEW BEGINNING " plane shot, with a quick cut back to show that scene? before fading to black for the credits?

do u think they will keep that finale shot of the photo in the dubbed vesion? obviously since they cant run video after the credits here, could it be shown possibly after the " A NEW BEGINNING " plane shot, with a quick cut back to show that scene? before fading to black for the credits?

It's pretty simple to do. Just put in a one second screen transition and then show this last scene.

Watchermark said:
Dogasu said:
The least they could do is have an unspecified amount of time pass between the last episode of Best Wishes! and the first episode of XY so we could pretend that he didn't set out on his next journey less than 24 hours after finishing his old one.

Clearly some time must have passed since Satoshi and his Pokemon got together to take the photo.

Unfortunately not. When Satoshi arrives at his mom's house she mentions that she's invited Orchid-Hakase over for dinner that night so they can all eat together for the first time in a long while. That night, we see them eating and Satoshi announces that he's decided to leave for the Kalos region the following day.

Apparently he really fucking hates his mom.

SammyW27 said:
No, producers. Don't show Ash interacting with all his Pokémon or the Isshu Team interacting with the rest. I mean, who in the world would possibly want to see that when they can watch Oak messing around with Alexa's Pokémon and Rotom?

Yeah, that annoyed me too. We have all of Pocket Monsters XY to enjoy the new Kalos Region pokemon while we'll probably have to wait another four years or so before we get to see all of Satoshi's pokemon together like this again. Watching Orchid-Hakase get attacked by Pansy's pokemon is not funny.

Tepig in a BBQ said:
Musashi and Kojiro gave their Isshu Pokémon away as if it was nothing. Wow they really didn't give a crap about them, did they?

It reminds them too much of the terrible run they had in BW :p Good riddance.

Something I noticed, can anyone make out any regions on Satoshi's globe? I still can't for the life of me find the first four regions on any of the Pokemon world maps"

Keep up the good work, Ash! I like your new clothes change near the end of this episode. OF COURSE THERE'S ANOTHER NEW BEGINNING: Getting 8 Kalos badges. I'd think from now after he gets all 8 badges in Kalos, ANOTHER NEW PATH awaits.

Also, the photo at the end is kawaii. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE BLACK AND WHITE ADVENTURES IN UNOVA AND BEYOND SEASON!

So we couldn't see Kenji in this episode because Tomokazu Seki wasn't available to record or something?

That "Ra-ri-ru-re-Roketto-dan~!" was probably the cutest thing the Rocket-dan did in BW, and that's saying something. That, and Maemuki is my favorite Rocket-dan image song. :-D

I really liked the music that played at the very end. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the first time it has ever played in the series. I hope it's carried into XY, since it reminds me of the type of farewell-music Miyazaki-san composed for Kanto and Johto.

So... there is something terrible going on, and Professor Oak is entirely to blame. Unfezant is such a whore that she's breeding and introducing invasive species into the Kanto region. RIP local wildlife.

Damn no Trip or Paul in the recollection of past allies fantasies. I know they weren't exactly close friends with Ash but they were still pretty important to him. Eh whatever.

Damn no Trip or Paul in the recollection of past allies fantasies. I know they weren't exactly close friends with Ash but they were still pretty important to him. Eh whatever.
Paul was definitely an important person in Ash's life, since Ash was the one who proved to Paul that power isn't everything, especially with Infernape. However, I can't really say the same for Trip. Their rivalry was basically "Heh, trainers from the Boonies are so pathetic..." and "WE'LL JUST SEE ABOUT THAT!!"

Both Paul and Trip were a very important part of Ash's life, since they both were his rival's.

This was a very great ending for the Best Wishes series, it will surely be miss but not forgotten.

Paul was definitely an important person in Ash's life, since Ash was the one who proved to Paul that power isn't everything, especially with Infernape. However, I can't really say the same for Trip. Their rivalry was basically "Heh, trainers from the Boonies are so pathetic..." and "WE'LL JUST SEE ABOUT THAT!!"

That's just bias against Trip. Ash always seemed much more pumped to see Trip then his other BW rivals just like he was more pumped to see Paul then his DP rivals. Regardless at how the fans view any of them they were both important people to him none the less.

I think what distinguishes Gary from the other rivals is that Gary is his childhood friend more than anything. In my opinon, it's not that the fantasies showed the rivals except Trip and Paul, but the fantasies showed Ash's biggest friends, and those friends are his traveling companions and Gary.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom