• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW2 Teams

Frenzy Plant

Grass-type fanatic
Reaction score
I'm completely surprised at how brilliant and dense BW2 are looking, and it's got me excited!

Now that we have North American and European release dates, I've been unable to resist thinking about what team I'm going to use on my first playthrough, and I'd like to know what you've been considering as well.

I'm going to trade a Treecko egg over as early as possible, to replace my starter Pokémon and take the place of "main" Pokémon on the team. I also think I'm going to have Carracosta, Galvantula, Crustle and Volcarona on the team. I'm not sure what to use for my sixth Pokémon and I'm open to suggestions.

When BW2 are realeased in Europe, I'm going to start a fan-fic / playthrough Tumblr kinda deal and write updates as though they're from the journal of the player character on his travels. I've decided his family will have moved to Aspertia City from Hoenn just after he got his first Pokémon (a Treecko), and that he's disappointed he never got to travel around his home region but is looking forward to battling the Hoenn Gym Leaders at the Pokémon World Tournament.

I'm really looking forward to the whole thing.

Share with me your ideas for teams! :)

I have no idea what I'm going to use. I'll probably do a blind Nuzlocke and go from there before I decide on specific teams.

So far, I've decided on using Oshawott (always Oshawott first), Zorua and Trapinch. The rest is up to fate, really, as I like it. But I have my eye on: Magnemite, Growlithe, Eevee (Espeon or Jolteon), Vanillite (my favourite Gen 5 evolutionary line), Deerling, Sewaddle, Elekid (yes, I'm getting that version), and Beldum/Metagross (Now idea if I can catch it, but it being in the Unova Dex hints towards it.)
I know, my eye will be very busy.

Edit.
After much deliberation, I've decided to change that. Despite about 4 playthroughs of White, I haven't actually used Snivy yet. So I've switched to Snivy, Trapinch and Lapras for definite, as I usually use the water starter so I've never gone through a game with Lapras on my main team. Lapras being one of my favourite water types, I thought I'd change that. I'm also probably going to use a Zorua, and either Riolu or Magnemite. If I use Riolu, I'm going for a Eevee - Jolteon, if a Magnemite, then I'm not sure. If I don't use Zorua, then I have a free slot, probably for a Growlithe.

So, it'll be...
Serperior
Flygon
Lapras
Zoroark (N's)/Arcanine/?
Lucario/Magnezone
Jolteon/Arcanine/?

Last edited:
My future White 2 team is in my signature. I'll trade an Archen from my White version over to White 2 when it comes out in the US. I'll be going for an all-prevo run for White 2.

Flambe the Tepig
Iago the Archen
Stinky the Trubbish
Spore the Foongus
Isis the Riolu
Floods the Tympole

White Kyurem is be there, too. It's too bad we can't have both BK and WK at the same time, though...I think both are very cool.

Last edited:
It's really hard to choose a team with such a large selection. I'm probably going to go through this game multiple times with all the possible teams I could use. First run is going to be Snivy, Elekid, Volcarona, Ducklett, Elgyem, and Zangoose. Can't wait for this game to come to the States.

Man, there's a lot to choose, I'm not sure yet. I guess I'll have to play both Black 2 and White 2 to use at least a half of the Pokémon I want to use.

- Samurott
- Lucario
- Arcanine
- Jolteon
- Vaporeon
- Espeon
- Umbreon
- Lilligant
- Braviary
- Flygon
- Zoroark (N's)
- Volcarona
- Eelektross
- Chandelure
- Reuniclus
- Excadrill

I'm trying to discard my White 1 team (Serperior, Simipour, Sigilyph, DW Luxray, Haxorus, Volcarona), but the early Volcarona available is tempting. At this rate, I think for the first time I'll have to raise 8-9 Pokémon instead of six, alternating them in the lineup.

I'll try to come up with a new team on every playthrough.

In Black, I used Emboar, Krookodile, Swanna, Galvantula, Ferrothorn and Reuniclus. In White 2, I settled with Lucario, Lapras, Chandelure, Magnezone, Leavanny and Archeops. So for Black 2, I should figure out yet another team... I believe I will try to use Scolipede at least, and probably Haxorus or Hydreigon, but I'm quite unsure of the rest at this point.

E: Planned team: Scolipede, Excadrill, Hydreigon, Sigilyph, Jellicent, Emboar. Yeah, I know, recycling Emboar is not optimal, but it's an easy option to balance the team - no more than two Pokémon are weak to any given type and no one has double weaknesses - and I also have most immunities on board, except for Normal's immunity to Ghost.

Last edited:
In White 2, I'm currently using Serperior, Sigilyph, Magnezone, Growlithe, Lucario, and Sandslash. And I'll be training at least a Starmie and Braviary before the league, maybe a Zangoose or Skarmory, so I'll be using a Rotation team of around 8-9 members. Not too sure about my Black 2 team yet, but I still have a lot of time until then.

I think I'm going to try not to plan too far ahead and just catch whatever catches my fancy until I have a good strong team of 5 or 6. It'll be just like old times when I had no idea what I was doing, except I'll be smarter about it.

I played it already. Heracross, Lucario, Espeon or Crobat would be a good choice.
Im not gonna use pokemon i already used so no Sceptile,snivy, Skarmory, Golduck, Ninetales, Latias ( i got the other version with latios) , kyogre, swanna, and others. ( No golduck or skarmory. Awww... No Swanna. Double Aww...)
BTW u cant get carracosta until post game :( (same for other fossils) because nacrene city is post game.

My preliminary B2 ingame team:

Serperior
Braviary
Lucario
Vaporeon
Magmortar
still need 6th member

I have very easy access to trading this time. Gotta breed a decent Rufflet, and I'm debating on whether or not to get the Riolu from Dream Radar.

Shellgun, Samurott, male
Animus, Lucario, male
Tulipe, Lilligant, female
Sol, Espeon, female
Colbert, Braviary, male
WillO'Wisp, Chandelure, female

Aw yeah.

Seeing as the breeding center is conveniently located near the start of the game since BW, I think I'll send in some of the Pokemon I could only get later on from my White version to train the offspring. I'll probably send a couple dream world Pokemon too. I'm still kind of undecided whether to use 1 or 2 5th gen Pokemon that are actually not weird/freaky, or use all previous gen pokes this time around.

I have become so attached to my White team (Whimsicott, Volcarona, Galvantula, Crustle, Beartic and Carracosta) that I reckon I'm going to substitute Whimsicott for a Sceptile and roll with those Pokémon. I couldn't imagine using a different team now. It's weird. I think this is "my" team. Every other game I play will be experimenting with different combinations of Pokémon, or different stories in my head for that Trainer, but my "main" game henceforth will probably have that same team.

At least until Generation VI Pokémon make their appearance, anyway.

In fact, I think I'm gonna go train up a Treecko right now, to take my Whimsicott's place in my White team. :p

this is just a tentative list:

b2: claydol/volcarona/metagross/mienshao/drapion/vaporeon
w2: ampharos/camerupt/klinklang/walrein/flygon/tangrowth

actually instead of the 'klang, i might use the afro buffalo but then my team is really slow. might use zangoose or heracross instead - suggestions?

i like using mons that i normally wouldn't use in playthroughs
no starters because i don't like most starters
hi

yes most of these are late in the game - in order to get to these guys, i'll just play with some throwaway mons

I just finished my first playthrough today. My team was Sunflora (Gaspar), Azumarill (Window), Ampharos (Mofumofu), Leavanny (Ledon), Stoutland (Viki), and Golduck (Apple).

Now I've begun a new playthrough. I've already caught a Riolu (Shingo) for my final team. The rest will be Dunsparce, Audino, and the three elemental monkeys.

Well my 3 definite are

Snivy
Growlithe
Riolu

the other 3 are undecided but I'm thinking
Solosis maybe or Espeon
Sandile or Zorua
and a flier/Surfer... might train Ducklett (can you get him pre-league?

I know I'm using Electivire, Magmortar, Mienshao, Flygon, Starmie, and Durant I suppose. Wish the starters got some tricks worth using, but they're just as bad as ever.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom