• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW2 Teams

Flygon ♂ - Ability: Levitate
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fly

Crustle ♂ - Ability: Shell Armor
X-Scissor
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Galvantula ♂ - Ability: Compoundeyes
Bug Buzz
Thunder
Energy Ball
Hidden Power (Ground)

Serperior ♂ - Ability: Contrary
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power (Rock)
Leech Seed
Toxic

Emboar ♂ - Ability: Blaze
Fire Punch
Brick Break
Thunderpunch
Strength

Samurott ♂ - Ability: Shell Armor
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power (Ground)
Air Slash / Waterfall

This will be my team, with their ideal movesets. It's likely the Hidden Power and Hidden Ability Pokémon won't be exactly that, but I've definitely settled on using those six.

Here is my team: Arcanine, Lucario, Sigilyph, Excadrill, Azumarill, Eelektross (and no I am not using my starter as part of my team, its mainly going to be PC box decoration lol XD)

Seems my Golett problem has been solved.

I traded for a level 12 Japanese Golett, nicknamed どぐう (Dogū) who happens to be a Dream Worlder and has better stats than my first DW trade. Although Dogū doesn't have his Elemental Punch, I can make do with the moveset he already has: Shadow Ball (I replaced Astonish), Defense Curl, Mud Slap and Rollout. So as it stands right now:

Oshawott (Prima: starter, gender TBD, Nature TBD, Torrent)
Sawk (Hero: Male, Adamant, Sturdy)
Elekid (Bumblebee: Male, Lonely, Static and hopefully shiny)
Golett (どぐう: Genderless but referenced as male, Rash, No Guard)

I'm leaning towards a Steel type as my fifth man and I'm having a hard time as to deciding which. I'd love to add a Metagross but I wouldn't mind a Bisharp either, so long as it has Defiant. The sixth slot is going to be the rotation spot: anything that needs to be evolved or leveled up for 'Dex info will stay there. I'm working towards two goals this time--get the Unova 'Dex completed and later get the National 'Dex completed. I want those charms something bad.

My team will probably be 50% new 50% of the team from White. But my team will also depend on one thing

1. If I get to Route 4 too fast (before Monday) Then I can't get Braviary and I have to use my second flying option.
2. If I get to Route 4 on Monday, then I use my first initial team. The only issue is that I have 3 pokemon setup.

I'm trying not to get too many pokemon too early. The strain of multiple pokemon too early is harder on the exp balance.

When I finalize my team, you'll see it under Team Whiteout as Team Whiteout2.

I've thought about this a lot! Way more than I've thought about it in any other Gen. For me my team will prolly be,

-Emboar
-Sceptile
-Emolga
-Crustle
-Honchkrow
-Lapras

I was going to have Flygon in order to fly and be my main fighter against dragon types, but I've never used Honchkrow or Cryogonal before in my team so that's what i went with, although it may change in the next two months. lol

EDIT: So I've Changed a few things around after playing much of the game so far and this is what I'm currently using right now.

Last edited:
I plan on having

Samurott
Lucario
Arcanine
Krookodile
Swoobat
Beartic

That's what I'm planning without examining where certain pokemon are and what level you catch them at.

Dewott
Stunfisk
Emolga
Eelektross
Galvantula
Zebstrika
I might switch Archeops,Escavalier and/or Zekrom in sometimes. But it'll mostly be electric types.

I finished Pokemon Black 2 and found this team to be pretty good
Emboar
Swanna
Levanny
Krookodile
Beatric (Traded from Pokemon White to defeat Shaga)
Magnezone
All of them were around level 73 and managed to KO Elite Four no problem.

Espeon
Samurott
Electivire
Bisharp/Lucario
Flygon
Magmortar

This team is still subject to change but I think it will do fine

Espeon
Samurott
Electivire
Bisharp/Lucario
Flygon
Magmortar

This team is still subject to change but I think it will do fine

Your team looks good, but I would ditch Espeon for Sigilyph so you can do massive damage and travel to places. Alternatively I would ditch Flygon for a Haxarous.

New path, new team

so ive been giving my future team some thought. anyone else got ideas? im thinking of catching eevee (umbreon eventually), arcanine, and along with my starter snivy, im keeping my fingers crossed that nidoran and swablu have wandered into the region. still on the fence about my 6th pokemon. maybe kangaskhan :D

a note. im trying my best to go into this one relatively blind, so if youve read the whole list of pokemon, please dont spoil it for me :p

Re: New path, new team

so ive been giving my future team some thought. anyone else got ideas? im thinking of catching eevee (umbreon eventually), arcanine, and along with my starter snivy, im keeping my fingers crossed that nidoran and swablu have wandered into the region. still on the fence about my 6th pokemon. maybe kangaskhan :D

a note. im trying my best to go into this one relatively blind, so if youve read the whole list of pokemon, please dont spoil it for me :p

Can you please check whether a thread exists before making a new one with the same topic. This BW2 teams thread was only a few down from the top of the forum, so it wasn't hard to see.

Also, if you don't want to spoiled, you might want to avoid this section altogether really because it's full of them. :>

Re: New path, new team

Can you please check whether a thread exists before making a new one with the same topic. This BW2 teams thread was only a few down from the top of the forum, so it wasn't hard to see.

Also, if you don't want to spoiled, you might want to avoid this section altogether really because it's full of them. :>

gotcha. sorry ^^' was late so i didnt realy think about it. same with the fact spoilers are likely here XD

Serperior
Metagross
Salamence
Chandelure
Reuniclus
Feraligatr

Update, since it's a month away, I have set up my projected team, subject to change.

And what's with all the people trying to use pokemon that AREN'T IN THE NEW UNOVA DEX? >_<

So after thinking it over, this is what I have so far. Houndour and Chimchar will be brought over as eggs from White.

503.gif

Nature: Mild/Rash/Lonely/Naughty
- Waterfall/Surf
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Return
Not much to say here. As well as being my Water type, Samurott will also function as my Ice and Bug user.

330.gif

Nature: Adamant/Jolly
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
I've never used a Dragon type for an ingame team before, so this should be interesting.

392.gif

Nature: Hasty/Naive/Lonely/Naughty
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
Infernape shall be my Fighting and Physical Fire type.

229.gif

Nature: Hasty/Naive/Mild/Rash
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- Thunder Fang
- Hyper Voice
Houndoom shall be my Dark and Special Fire type.

462.gif

Nature: Any non-neutral nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Signal Beam
- Toxic

094.gif

Nature: Adamant
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball

Hmmmm....I don't know, really. I have a rough plan but it's open to change:
Emboar/Samurott/Servine
Darmanitan
Lilligant
Archeops
Zweilous/Fraxure
Mienshao

...I'm also considering Zebstrika and Braviary/Mandibuzz. And then we have Eevee, Riolu, Growlithe, and such. Ugh.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom