• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW2 Teams

I just finished my first playthrough today. My team was Sunflora (Gaspar), Azumarill (Window), Ampharos (Mofumofu), Leavanny (Ledon), Stoutland (Viki), and Golduck (Apple).

Now I've begun a new playthrough. I've already caught a Riolu (Shingo) for my final team. The rest will be Dunsparce, Audino, and the three elemental monkeys.

Absolutely love Sunflora, Azumarill and Leavanny! Brilliant choices! Out of interest, what moves does your Sunflora have?

I know I'm using Electivire, Magmortar, Mienshao, Flygon, Starmie, and Durant I suppose. Wish the starters got some tricks worth using, but they're just as bad as ever.

Hm, the starters aren't great in this generation, I agree. Emboar learning Fire Punch will make it a little more useful, I guess. I've a Snivy with Contrary who is pretty solid when he uses Leaf Storm. Though (and I never take the water starter), my Samurott with Surf; Ice Beam; Air Slash and Dig has been nothing but useful. I'm disappointed, but Serperior and Emboar are a let down. I wouldn't count Samurott out, though.

I really hope trading between B/W and B2/W2 is available early on.

Last edited:
In my Japanese White 2 playthrough, I used Emboar, Scolipede, Braviary, Vaporeon, Flygon and Metagross.

Due to the distribution of wild Pokémon, I kind of regretted evolving my Eevee into a Vaporeon (loads of water Pokémon at the end of the game). So when I get the games in English, I'm thinking of using:
Black 2: Serperior, Arcanine, Jolteon, Gigalith, Drapion, Starmie.
White 2: Samurott, Electivire, Muk, Flareon, Sawsbuck, Aggron.

Watch me keep to that though....I doubt I will.

Seeing as the breeding center is conveniently located near the start of the game since BW, I think I'll send in some of the Pokemon I could only get later on from my White version to train the offspring. I'll probably send a couple dream world Pokemon too. I'm still kind of undecided whether to use 1 or 2 5th gen Pokemon that are actually not weird/freaky, or use all previous gen pokes this time around.
The daycare centre is post-game in B2/W2.

I really hope trading between B/W and B2/W2 is available early on.
As soon as you get the C-Gear (So after the first gym).

Finished the game recently with Arcanine, Scrafty, Cinccino, Liligant, Sigilyph and Seviper. Overall, it was a great team. There wasn't a single Pokemon that I felt was lagging behind the others (besides maybe Seviper lategame, but that's due to ridiculous amounts of Experience Points it consumed in order to level up) and the lack of starter was somehow really refreshing.

Next time I'm probably going to use Lucario, Haxorus, Krookodile, Galvantula, Reuniclus and Swanna. I'm still focusing on generation V mostly, but the 3rd run should have more new "old" Pokemon.

I think I'm going to do a 'Hoenn run' - Sceptile, Swellow, Armaldo, Manectric, Torkoal and Walrein for B2/W2. Since I've settled on my Unova team for White (Serperior, Volcarona, Galvantula, Crustle, Beartic and Carracosta) and a Kanto team for Black (Venusaur, Pidgeot, Golem, Raichu, Ninetales and Cloyster).

Though I'm more than likely going to end up re-using my Unova team. :p

White 2

Samurott
Flygon
Ampharos or Electavire
Roserade
Lucario
Volcarona, Gengar, or an HM slave

Black 2

Samurott
Excadrill
Magnezone
Volcarona
Lucario
Tyranitar

I'll also bring in a POKERUS pokemon from HG.

Last edited:
I know I'll be starting with an Oshawott, but I plan on sending over a Tepig and Snivy egg over ASAP so I can get their 'Dex info. My beginning team will be filled with nothing but tossers; I plan on catching a lot of rodents and birds to use them as trade fodder. Once I get the C Gear, I can get my actual team together.

For Black 2 (post Gym 1):
Oshawott
Golett*
Elekid (I'm hoping to have my shiny hunt completed by then.)
Sawk (Hoping for another shiny, but I'll take a good one if I can't nail one down.)

I haven't planned out for five and six yet, but I know that these four will be on my team. I'm thinking I may have Metagross as my Steel type and the final member is up in the air currently. I'll burn that bridge when I come to it, I guess.

*I've run into a bit of a conundrum when it comes to my Golett. I have a level 1 that's from my Masuda run that's outstanding and perfect in two stats--one being Attack--with Iron Fist. I thought he'd be the one to make it onto my B2 team. However, since I traded for that DW Golett, I'm thinking I may use that one instead. Little guy's stats aren't great and he's Jolly, but he does have No Guard. So yeah, I don't know who I want to train. But in either case, Golett will be on my team. I've already planned on it.

Once the games are released in English, they will be:

Black 2:
Serperior
Chandelure
Starmie
Ampharos
Flygon
Espeon

White 2
Samurott
Lucario
Altaria
Jolteon
Reuniclus
Ninetales

I'm thinking of using this team for Black 2:

Emboar - Male (I don't really want to use him, but I figure I should at least give him a try as I've used the other starters.)
Glaceon Female - Snow Cloak (Because I love Glaceon :p)
Delcatty - Female - Wonder Skin (I've always wanted to use Skitty, but I never got the chance. I think her DW ability sounds really fun, so I thought I'd give her a try :D)
Wailord - Male - Water Veil (I need a surfer and I haven't used a Wailord before so I thought why not try one out?)
Lucario - Female (I've already used one but I need a Pokemon I can get really early on.)
Drifblim - Female - Flare Boost (I used Drifblim in Platinum, but I really like her DW ability so I'll use one again. )
Mandibuzz - Female - Weak Armour (I used to hate Mandibuzz but her design has really grown on me and now I can't wait to use one!)
Klinklang - N/A - Clear Body (I've never used it, and it has a really cool design so now I will. )
Drapion - Male - Sniper ( The only Poison Types I've used are Roserade and briefly Crobat, so I want to use one again.)
Garchomp - Female ( I have an amazing Garchomp on HeartGold, so I can't wait to have one in shiny form. I hear it's really hard to complete Black Skyscraper though. :/)

I could only narrow it down to 10 Pokemon in rotation, the new Unova dex is just so cool! I also want to use Chandelure, Mienshao, Metagross, Whimsicott, Ampharos and many of my other favourites in the new dex, but I'm trying to use as many new Pokemon as possible. Maybe if I get White 2 aswell I'll use some of them.

I'm thinking of using this team for Black 2:

Emboar - Male (I don't really want to use him, but I figure I should at least give him a try as I've used the other starters.)
Glaceon Female - Snow Cloak (Because I love Glaceon :p)
Delcatty - Female - Wonder Skin (I've always wanted to use Skitty, but I never got the chance. I think her DW ability sounds really fun, so I thought I'd give her a try :D)
Wailord - Male - Water Veil (I need a surfer and I haven't used a Wailord before so I thought why not try one out?)
Lucario - Female (I've already used one but I need a Pokemon I can get really early on.)
Drifblim - Female - Flare Boost (I used Drifblim in Platinum, but I really like her DW ability so I'll use one again. )
Mandibuzz - Female - Weak Armour (I used to hate Mandibuzz but her design has really grown on me and now I can't wait to use one!)
Klinklang - N/A - Clear Body (I've never used it, and it has a really cool design so now I will. )
Drapion - Male - Sniper ( The only Poison Types I've used are Roserade and briefly Crobat, so I want to use one again.)
Garchomp - Female ( I have an amazing Garchomp on HeartGold, so I can't wait to have one in shiny form. I hear it's really hard to complete Black Skyscraper though. :/)

I could only narrow it down to 10 Pokemon in rotation, the new Unova dex is just so cool! I also want to use Chandelure, Mienshao, Metagross, Whimsicott, Ampharos and many of my other favourites in the new dex, but I'm trying to use as many new Pokemon as possible. Maybe if I get White 2 aswell I'll use some of them.

I can't recommend Whimsicott enough. I love the thing. It's adorable, and I love battling with it as well.

I'll be getting White 2 when it comes out in English, and I'll probably use this team:

Serperior/Overgrow/Leaf Blade-Giga Drain-Aqua Tail-Coil

Lucario/Inner Focus/Aura Sphere-Ice Punch-Flash Cannon-Stone Edge

Arcanine/Intimidate/Fire Blast-Wild Charge-Strength-Heat Wave

Braviary/Sheer Force/Crush Claw-Superpower-Brave Bird-Rock Slide

Zoroark/Illusion/Dark Pulse-Flamethrower-Focus Blast-Night Slash

Lapras/Water Absorb/Surf-Ice Beam-Thunderbolt-Psychic

Well for my first team on JPN B2, I used 12 members (Serperior/Ampharos/Lucario/Weezing/Sandslash/Heracross/Zangoose/Grumpig/Skarmory/Absol/Solrock/Mantine).

So I probably won't use those again (except maybe one or two because a lot of those are some of my favourite mons).

Currently on my JPN B2 my team is Dunsparce/Azumarill/Swadloon/Growlithe. I plan on replacing Swadloon with a Combee and a Roselia, as soon as I get that far. Also, Growlithe is only temporary filler. I'm thinking of using a Buneary and a Seviper too, not sure.

For my English B2 game, I'll probably try out some stuff that I really want to use but haven't. So Walrein and Flygon (and maybe Aggron) are ones I definitely want to try. Maybe Weavile or Mamo, but they come a little too late to be of interest me. Oh and maybe Vaporeon and Espeon too (I would use Umbreon, but it's just lacking offence, which makes it annoying to use sometimes). I'll most likely be using Serperior as my starter, since that's the only Gen V starter I like to use.

I also want to use some Unova mons again, like Sandile, Darumaka, Bouffalant, Joltik maybe. So I might mix and match with Unova mons a little more (so far I seem to be ignoring them ;__;)

Samurott with Aqua Tail, Megahorn, Dig, and Swords Dance

Chandelure with Inferno, Telekinesis, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball

Gengar (no surprise there) with Disable, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast

Aerodactyl with Hone Claws, Stone Edge, Fire Fang, and Fly

Durant with Hone Claws, Stone Edge, Thunder Fang and X-Scissor

Metagross with Hone Claws, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, and Earthquake.

I have had this planned out for months, what do you think?

I've come to the conclusion that on this go around, I'm gonna do something different. I usually pick the water starter on my very first play-through of any Pokemon game. However, I feel that since this game is gonna be referencing a bunch of stuff from my previous play-thorough of Black 1, picking oshawatt again doesn't make sense. I mean this is a new a person in a whole other side of Unova. And since there still seems to be a severe lack of fire types in this gen that interest me, I'll be starting with Tepig. The team I'm hoping to assemble by the end of the game is as follows:

Krookodile - I wound up using Excadril last game and never got much of a chance to try out this cool croc. Reminds me of a ground version of Totodile, my favorite water type. It also helps that it learns Dig by leveling up. Also, having a Dark type moves will be nice defense against any Psychics I come across, which were huge pain for me last game.

Emolga - Kind of a weaker version of Pikachu but learns Volt Switch by leveling up. Love that move. It'll be a fresh difference from last game where I used Zebstrika.

Emboar - Looking forward to picking the fire-type starter this go around.

Golduck - I've always had a soft spot for this guy and since Farfetch'd(My personal favorite pokemon of all time) didn't make the cut into the new Unova-dex, this'll be my chance to try honestly try him out. I'm also liking the fact that he also learns some cool Psychic moves.

Gurdurr - My favorite Pokemon from this gen. I don't care much for Conkeldurr's look by comparison so trading it so it can evolve is kinda pointless to me. Besides, carrying around a steel beam feels that mush more epic.

Skarmory - Never got much a chance to use this guy in Gen 4, though I always wanted to.

I've been thinking about what teams I'll have in these games for a long time. I think I have most of them set up, aside from one or two slots in each teams, but there might be some changes as I play through the games.

Here's what I have planned out for my Black 2 team:

Emboar-This is the only one of the Unova starters that I haven't raised yet and even though I'm not excited for another Fire/Fighting starter, I'm curious to see how well it does on its own and compared to the other Unova starters.

Lucario-This is my favorite Pokemon and even though I'm starting out with Tepig, I want to capture a Riolu in this version anyway. It will be helpful when my Emboar is too weak to battle or at too much of an disadvantage to fight, like against Rock types.

Archeops-I've been curious to see how this Pokemon does in battle and it's the only Unova Flying type that I'm interested in raising too.

Jellicent-I enjoyed raising Chaledure in Black and I want to see how a Water/Ghost type does. There aren't any non-Unova Water types that I'm currently interested in raising either.

Galvantula-Similar with the case Chaledure, I raised Volcarona for my White team and it was amazing to the point where I wanted to check out Bug types more often. This is the only other Unova Bug type that I'm interested in and I think that it could be fun to raise.

Mamoswine-This was the one slot that I've been indecisive about for awhile, but I think I'm more set on this one than I was with the couple of Psychic Pokemon I was considering before. The duel type would help against quite a few different Pokemon and it's been a long time since I raised an Ice type Pokemon. I'm still thinking about it, but this seems like it has a good chance of getting to my final team.

Here's what I have in mind for my White 2 team:

Samurott-I wanted to start off with Oshawott again since it's my favorite of the three starters and there aren't too many other Water types that I'm interested in raising again. It was really useful for my Black team, so hopefully it will be helpful in this team too.

Arcanine-It's been a long time since I raised a Growlithe and considering that it's available so early, I want to take advantage of that and make it a part of my team.

Excadrill-I was considering using this for either Black or White before, but I decided to go a different route. So, I wanted to try raising it again to see how useful it can be. I was considering getting another Riolu once I heard it was available in both games, as I raised on in all of the fourth generation games, but as much as I like Lucario, I also wanted to try out a few different Pokemon, especially when these games offer a variety of Pokemon to choose from.

Zoroark-I've heard great things about it and I figured that I'd try it out just for the fun. Plus, I haven't raised a pure Dark type Pokemon in a long time.

Either Leafeon or Eelektross-This is the slot I'm most indecisive about. I've been curious about how a Leafeon would do, as it's the only of the new Eevee evolutions from the last generation that I would like to raise, but I also thought about Eelektross for its ability and its special attack stats. I may experiment with other Pokemon for this slot when I play the game, but I'm pretty sure right now it's going to be one of these two.

Dragonite-It's been a long time since I've raised a Dratini and I'm curious to see what kind of new moves it can learn. Plus, it will definitely be useful as the game progresses and I need a Flying type. If I come across another Flying type that I'd like to raise, then I could change this slot, but there's a good chance that I'll have a Dragonite at thist point.

Going to trade over a Gible at the start, so my team will be very ground and dragon filled.

Oshawott, I started Black with it, and I really enjoyed it, plus it eliminates any need for surf.

Trapinch, with me not liking Unfezant at all, this seems like a good choice for something to learn Fly

Sandile, another ground type. I used one against Elesa in Black, and I really liked it. I just didn't keep it on my team.

Gible, for funsies

Probably Elekid, as I really enjoy Electabuzz and Electivire, but this may become some other electric type.

Eevee/Pansear/Larvesta/whatever amazing pokemon comes my way, I will use Eevee for any gyms that I have no type advantage and evolve it to suit this, and I threw away my Pansear because it sucked on Black, but I need a fire-type.

I'm deciding between Zoroark and Drapion for the sixth member of my team, in addition to the others I posted on the first page. Let's see what serves me better during the playthrough.

I know I'm definitely going with Flygon, Crustle and Galvantula. Might just use the three Unova starters for the other three team members.

Now that I know BW2 is coming out in the fall, I'm hoping to get it through some Christmas cash since money isn't as tight as it was last and all I know for sure is that I'm starting with Oshawott. I want to have Lucario on my team so bad, but I have to see if I can squeeze it in. I like to use elemental teams and if I have a hybrid with a combo that can leave me an extra spot, I will squeeze in a non traditional element like normal, bug, psychic etc.

So far, I've only come up with my White 2 team. I try to have different Pokemon in each version (with the exception of my starter), but it's been tough. So many options available this time around, it's hard to narrow it down. This is what I've got so far, I'll probably change some Pokemon and moves around when I get closer to the release date.

Emboar: Nitro, Male, Blaze, Fire Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Punch, Bulk Up
Reason: I love Fire-starters. Ever since Gen 2 I've used Fire starters (Gen 1 I used Bulbasaur). I know Emboar isn't exactly the "hottest" Fire-type around, but now that it has access to Fire and Thunder Punch, makes him more worthwhile to me. Plus, his wider move pool makes him more favorable to me. I like Samurott and Serperior well enough, but not enough to be the "anchor" of my team.

Leavanny: Willow, Female, Swarm, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Attract, Return
Reason: Leavanny has made selecting a Grass-type (and, to a lesser degree, Bug-type) more favorable. With great, well-rounded stats and a decent move pool at its disposal, Leavanny has been my pick of the litter for Grass-types (though Lilligent has been my next best option). Plus, being a Bug-type, it will help in dealing with pesky Psychic-types that tend to annoy me late in the game. Plus, after using a female one in the past with Attract, that has become a deadly combo for me to use. And I used to think Attract was useless, until my past Leavanny mopped the floor with many Trainers with it.

Lucario: Anubis, Male, Inner Focus, Ice Punch, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball
Reason: Lucario has been a favorite of mine since Gen 4, and now with it more readily available (well, to a certain degree, anyway), especially so early in the game, I know I'll be burning my DS battery to hunt one down. Lucario would be a epic addition to my team, and I hope my luck holds in finding the right one.

Vaporeon: Jet, Male/Female, Water Absorb, Ice Beam, Surf, Dig, Shadow Ball
Reason: Vaporeon has been my second favorite Eeveelution for a long time (Glaceon is my top favorite, but since I can't get it until post-game, you get it). Plus it will be my Surfer. I may swap it out for Starmie or another Water-type when I get closer to the release, but for now, Vaporeon is on the list.

Braviary: Heroic, Male, Defiant, Fly, Strength, Rock Slide, Bulk Up
Reason: I need a flier, and with Braviary equipped with its hidden ability found fairly early in the game, I just jumped on the opportunity to have my favorite bird on board quickly. I may swap a few moves later, but for now, this is what I've decided.

Eelektross: Gigavolt, Male/Female, Levitate, Thunder Punch, Coil, Aqua Tail, Rock Slide
Reason: Eelektross, despite its speed problem, can be vicious when well trained. Now that it has access to moves like Thunder Punch and Aqua Tail, I decided to bring that sparkplug-of-an-eel back into my ranks. In White, my first Eelektross was a monster. I, sadly, passed up on Coil that time, but now that I can try again, I'm going to erase past mistakes by staring anew. Plus Coil pairs well with the other moves I've selected. I may change Rock Slide, but we'll see what I feel like at the time.

So, for now, this my team. I still haven't come up with a Black 2 team, but, like with my White before it, White 2 will, most likely, be my main version. So we'll see from there. I might swap out someone here and there, depending on what I want at the time, but I'll know for sure when the game are released. That's all for now.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom