• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW2 Teams

I THINK I got my team...

Snivy-> Servine->Serperior (Starter) (Grass)
Riolu-> Lucario (can't believe he's available so early...) (Fighting/Steel)
Growlithe->Arcanine (again way to powerful to be available so early...) (Fire)
Elekid-> Electabuzz-> Electivire or Mareep-> Flaaffy-> Ampharos (depending on which game I buy...) (Electric)
Sandile-> Krokorok-> Krookodile (Ground/Dark)
Ducklett->Swanna (Need a surfer/flyer...) (Water/Flying)

Last edited:
Let's see;

Oshawott
Growlithe
Riolu
Trapinch
Skorupi
Zorua

This is my pre-league team that I will use against the E4 and then I'll train a lot more afterwards. Others for consideration are Eevee forms like Jolteon/Vapereon/Espeon, Vaporeon only if I chose Snivy for my first Pokemon. If I had an extra DS I would use a Gen III starter like Treecko as my first Pokemon but I can't...

The biggest debate is to go with a Flygon that has a high Sp. Attack stats or Attack stats, I'm thinking the same about Arcanine and Samurott.

I'd be covered with Wild Charge so I wouldn't need Jolteon, Espeon is fast but really the only move I would count on it for is Psychic, like Thunderbolt/Thunder on Jolteon.

Drapion would be the tank of the team and have Toxic Spikes and be a help with Sniper; Cross Poison and Night Slash on its moveset. Its last move either Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide or Aqua Tail for Fire/Ground/Rock coverage.

Iffy about Zorua because Drapion is part Dark but its Illusion ability could come in handy. Man, I wish Starly was in this game! I would love to have dependable flying type on board.

I'm not really sure what my final team is yet, but I am going to go with a very different team than what I used in Black. Serperior and Zebstrika are probably the only definites (if I can't catch a Shinx instead of Blitzle) that I also used in Black.

But so far in Black 2, my team is Snivy, Psyduck (will definitely need a water type, I've never seriously used a Golduck before, and Psyduck can use psychic attacks, which will be handy against Roxie), and Pidove. I'm definitely catching a Buneary too. I always use a Lopunny on my team when I can, cause I adore it. <3

My team so far:

Dewott (Prima)- Level 21 (Starter)
Lucario (Ruki)- Level 20
Golett (どぐう: Dogū)- Level 20 <--- You knew that I was going to have one of these little guys. This is me you're dealing with!
Elekid (Loki*)- Level 15

Loki's lagging a bit behind, as I want to spend some time boosting his Attack and haven't really had the chance. Prima's been a bit...difficult to raise, as he's somewhat weak. He's fainted on me twice, which doesn't bode well. Ruki and Dogū on the other hand...

Those two are outright murderers. I'm serious. Having never worked with a Lucario for an extended time, I had no idea that they could be so powerful--Ruki pretty much rips anything apart that comes at him. Dogū is the same--a No Guard Golett is a breeze to train, even more than an Iron Fist! (Seriously, give the little guy Focus Blast and have a happy. He'll mow down anything that stares at him wrong!)

The last two slots are open for a reason; I have yet to figure out who may take on the role of my Fire type or Flying type. I'll be willing to give a few 'Mons a shot and see what happens but as of right now, this seems to be my core team.

*What, you were expecting me to name him Thor?! As if!

My team right now: W2

Dewott (28)
Sandslash (29)
Flaaffy (26)
Growlithe (26)
Pidove and Purrloin (which have since tuesday been lacking in training and are now HM slaves)

I'll most likely replace the last two by the time i face the champion. in my mind i'm considering Gardevoir, Musharna, Sigilyph, or Drifblim (for one slot).
though until i need another pokemon that the top 4 can't handle, i won't train any others.

Ooh, I just thought of another member for my team. I think I'll catch an Eevee and make it a Flareon. It's my favorite Eeveelution and I've never used one on an in-game team before. ^^

So, so far, my final team will be:

Serperior
Golduck
Unfezant
Lopunny
Flareon

I'll need an ice type for that last slot. It would work against both Skyla and Drayden. Maybe I'll catch another Eevee and make it Glaceon. I dunno.

EDIT: Actually, I just remembered that Lopunny can learn ice type moves and that I was going to add Zebstrika. lol, silly me. XD

About to face Skyla

Dunsparce "Soda" Lv. 40
Lilligant "Lily" Lv. 37
Sandslash "Snaps" Lv. 37
Mr. Mime "Delilah" Lv. 36
Altaria "Peluca" Lv. 35
Joltik "Squire" recently added so only Lv. 26

I realize that Lilligant's name isn't creative at all, but "Lily" was my name in White, which I have about 700 hours on, so I payed Homage o it by naming my lilligant "Lily"

Currently in the middle of Victory Road in White 2. I think I'm a bit under-leveled because some trainers have Pokemon a few levels above mine:
Samurott Lv. 55
Lucario Lv. 53
Arcanine Lv. 54
Zoroark Lv. 53
Krookodile Lv.52
Altaria Lv. 53

Well, guess I'm not going to be adding any Eeveelutions to my team. You can't catch one. And I really wanted to use a Flareon too...

It's stupid though. Why make them appear in the wild if they're not catchable?

Well, guess I'm not going to be adding any Eeveelutions to my team. You can't catch one. And I really wanted to use a Flareon too...

It's stupid though. Why make them appear in the wild if they're not catchable?

Just catch an Eevee and evolve it...?

Then my game must be glitched, because between all my Pokeballs and Great Balls, the Eevee I tried to catch wouldn't get caught even when it had ONE HP LEFT. Almost none of the balls I threw shook even once. Only two rocked at all, and even then, each of those two only did so one time.

I've added a decent-natured Buneary with the right ability (Run Away ftw. Screw Klutz) to my team though. The first Buneary I caught had a crap nature. xP Also, my new Buneary is one level higher as well.

Last edited:
It's not a percentage. If it was a percentage it would have the % symbol next to it. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

Your game isn't glitched. Eevee will more than likely need more pokeballs throwing at it than a Patrat does. It's like how legendaries usually need loads of pokeballs - except Eevee isn't quite that hard to catch.

Your game isn't glitched. Eevee will more than likely need more pokeballs throwing at it than a Patrat does. It's like how legendaries usually need loads of pokeballs - except Eevee isn't quite that hard to catch.

It's being very hard to catch for me.

For Black 2, my main members are

Emboar
Serperior
Samurott
Crobat
Flygon
Aggron

The reserves include Altaria, Zangoose, Absol, Accelgor, Claydol, Magnezone, Chandelure, Kyurem-B, and Tyranitar, and I'll rotate them whenever I feel like it.

I've just finished messing around with Pokewood (innuendo unintended) and beating the brain surgeon of a Plasma member who thought it'd be a good idea to run down the route that leads to a dead end. I promptly dumped all my pokemon in a box after the first gym and traded a few mystery eggs with @TeddiUrsa, since we both wanted to train some 'mons that weren't available until later on in the game.

lvl 14 Sandile (King K.Rook) - Since it's the sequel, he really should be a Kaptain...
lvl 16 Trubbish (Garbli) - Pom Pokemon, Spiritomb Away, My Neighbour Totorubbish...eh, I got nothin'.
lvl 16 Litwick (BougieLamp)
lvl 17 Cubchoo (PolarBeard)
lvl 15 Mienfoo (PKMN Phooey) - Number 1 superguy
lvl 16 Joltik (Thorantula)

Christ, I really couldn't think of good nicknames this time around.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom