• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW2 Tutor Moves

I look at these and think, what if Gliscor won't be able to learn Roost, Stealth Rock, and Poison Heal?

I look at these and think, what if Gliscor won't be able to learn Roost, Stealth Rock, and Poison Heal?

It can though lol Poison Heal is its Hidden Ability and I believe you could tutor the Roost on it from 4th Gen and Stealth Rock was a TM it could learn in that Generation.

Now it can learn all of it in one Generation lol I do not think it will change suddenly.

It can though lol Poison Heal is its Hidden Ability and I believe you could tutor the Roost on it from 4th Gen and Stealth Rock was a TM it could learn in that Generation.

Now it can learn all of it in one Generation lol I do not think it will change suddenly.

Mabey, but mabey not. It happened to other Pokemon, right?

Anyway, I love the selection of tutor moves. Don't you guys? 'Cause all I've been seein' was complaining about the metagame.

Mabey, but mabey not. It happened to other Pokemon, right?

Anyway, I love the selection of tutor moves. Don't you guys? 'Cause all I've been seein' was complaining about the metagame.

This thread is about the metagame, and I can't think of any precedent.

Moxie Honchkrow is going to be a real menace in UU now that Steels can no longer wall it. Same goes for Escavalier to a lesser extent, assuming it gets Drill Run. Too bad Sucker Punch isn't on the list though, Moxie Krookodile could have given Crowleone some serious competition otherwise.

One thing I forgot to post earlier; I see Trick in that list. I hope Chandelure gets it. XD

Stealth Rock as a Tutor Move is what I've feared. Now all the Fire types, Ice types, Flying types, and Bug types will never expand their presence in OU, and the Water types, Fighting types, Ground types, and Steel types will conitnue to dominate the metagame. Why, Game Freak? Just why?

Stealth Rock as a Tutor Move is what I've feared. Now all the Fire types, Ice types, Flying types, and Bug types will never expand their presence in OU, and the Water types, Fighting types, Ground types, and Steel types will conitnue to dominate the metagame. Why, Game Freak? Just why?

It only brings more pokemon into viability, it's not like it wasn't already on every team. Well, every team that wants the advantage.

No returning Water Pulse, either...Ice Types need it, and so does Lucario(IMO)!

To be fair, Water Pulse isn't that great of a move considering its base 60 power.

It only brings more pokemon into viability, it's not like it wasn't already on every team. Well, every team that wants the advantage.

Trust me on this one, it'll only benefit Pokemon that aren't any of the types who are weak to that move, just like last gen's metagame.

No returning Water Pulse, either...Ice Types need it, and so does Lucario(IMO)!

Actually, Water Pulse is a rather weak move that most Ice-types never use. Neither does Lucario, since STAB Aura Sphere actually outdamages super-effective Water Pulse. The move's only real use in the metagame is on Jirachi in the rain, and that's mostly because of Serene Grace increasing its already-hefty chance of inflicting confusion.

Type coverage and Non-Adjacent hits, for casual play, maybe?

I was predicting it as a Tutor Move, since the move is a dastardly maneuver in case of certain bad type match-ups...

Plus, I thought the Vanillite TM chain breed was a sign for it...crap...unless the person who leaked the list forgot to place it in...

I am more interested to see how some of the ones that are more for Doubles or Triples fare. I can see After You there, and Tailwind, Magic Room and Wonder Room which are probably more useful there. Wonder Room is interesting because it swaps defences, making would be walls not able to wall on that side, like Scizor not being able to take a Physical hit well. After You could create some Trick Room first if a Prankster receives this move, like possibly Sableye.

On a side note, a Drifblim with Flare Boost and Tailwind could be interesting, considering how it acts like a pseudo-Unburden for a while. And I also second the sentiment of Chandelure gaining Trick. Not only could it carry Specs or Scarf for more offensive potential, it could carry a Flame Orb to surprise would-be counters of Chandelure, especially Tyranitar and Snorlax. I do have to wonder, what if Cofagrigus obtains Stealth Rock too? It's not out of the realm of possibility, since it is based on something mineral (the gold coffin body). It would then be like Froslass, who doesn't have to worry about Rocks being spin in the face of the Spinner.

Also, I hope that Gliscor can't relearn Stealth Rock and Roost, especially the former. It would be overkill with Poison Heal.

Thanks for reading.

I can see Golurk getting Stealth Rock, which would make it the first spinblocker with access to the move. The boosted elemental punches (especially Ice and Fire) would also let it smack a lot of the popular spinners around too.

It didn't get it :|

Last edited:
I am more interested to see how some of the ones that are more for Doubles or Triples fare. I can see After You there, and Tailwind, Magic Room and Wonder Room which are probably more useful there. Wonder Room is interesting because it swaps defences, making would be walls not able to wall on that side, like Scizor not being able to take a Physical hit well. After You could create some Trick Room first if a Prankster receives this move, like possibly Sableye.

I still have my doubts on if Wonder Room would really be used.

Virizion got Synthesis.

This thread is for discussing the tutors in the games that came out today and their effect on the metagame, who will likely get what, and potential usage changes.

The moves are as follows:
-Covet
-Bug Bite
-Drill Run
-Bounce
-Signal Beam
-Iron Head
-Super Fang
-Uproar
-Seed Bomb
-Dual Chop
-Low Kick
-Gunk Shot
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch

-Last Resort
-Iron Defense
-Magnet Rise
-Magic Coat
-Block
-Hyper Voice
-Electroweb
-Icy Wind
-Iron Tail
-Aqua Tail
-Earth Power
-Zen Headbutt
-Foul Play
-Superpower
-Gravity
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse

-Bind
-Snore
-Heal Bell
-Knock Off
-Roost
-Sky Attack
-Role Play
-Heat Wave
-Giga Drain
-Drain Punch
-Pain Split
-Tailwind

-Worry Seed
-Gastro Acid
-Helping Hand
-After You
-Magic Room
-Wonder Room
-Spite
-Recycle
-Trick
-Stealth Rock
-Outrage
-Endeavor
-Sleep Talk
-Skill Swap
-Snatch

Ice Punch Conkeldurr, Mienshao, and other fight types seems like it could reduce Gliscor usage, but this also means Gliscor can run Roost, Stealth Rock, and Poison Heal on the same set.

The main problem is that Gliscor already suffers from a 4mss. Eq is a must. So the remaining 3 have to be selected from ice fang, taunt, toxic, substitute, sd, sr, roost and all of them have huge merits. I am not saying sr on Gliscor is bad but if everything GLiscor was supposed to be stopping like Conkeldurr starts one shotting it with ice punch then I would agree that its usage will fall.

And *does a jig*, we have stealth rock again!! I wasn't this happy on my b'day, was I? And b/w has proved that it wasn't broken, especially when my sun volt-turn team cracked 1300. It isn't that big a problem, so I don't know what the mass hysteria is about.

I find it ironic that most of the After You learners are really slow, and even Shuckle learns it. The main exceptions are Cinccino, Lilligant (in Sun) and Miltank, besides Mew. It sounds like as if it's made for a Trick Room team.

Also, I am happy with some of the choices. Serperior got Synthesis and Knock Off, but most importantly, Dragon Pulse! That's extra coverage. Golurk's extra moves are awesome too. Stealth Rock, elemental Punches and Drain Punch? It's too good to pass, just only if there's Mach Punch, it would be perfect.

Thanks for reading.

Apparently this shows what every Pokémon gets as an MT, but I dunno if this is real or not.

don't hurt me

The main problem is that Gliscor already suffers from a 4mss. Eq is a must. So the remaining 3 have to be selected from ice fang, taunt, toxic, substitute, sd, sr, roost and all of them have huge merits. I am not saying sr on Gliscor is bad but if everything GLiscor was supposed to be stopping like Conkeldurr starts one shotting it with ice punch then I would agree that its usage will fall.

And *does a jig*, we have stealth rock again!! I wasn't this happy on my b'day, was I? And b/w has proved that it wasn't broken, especially when my sun volt-turn team cracked 1300. It isn't that big a problem, so I don't know what the mass hysteria is about.

I'd definitely agree there, It really wishes it had more moveslots.

Apparently this shows what every Pokémon gets as an MT, but I dunno if this is real or not.

don't hurt me
You got Ninja'd by half a mile.

EDIT: I had posted that in another thread. My bad.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom