• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW2 Tutor Moves

No Air Cutter...*XATU IS CRYING*

I must have to wait for RS Remakes for Air Cutter, AncientPower, Water Pulse, Steel Wing and Secret Power..

Air Slash is leaps and bounds better than Air Cutter, anyway.

I'm very happy with the selection of tutor moves! Elemental Punches, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Stealth Rock and some more!

You guys like them, right? I'm very confused if you like them or not.

So many amazing additions.

-Giga Drain/Roost Volca
-Roost Archeops - now more usable?
-Superpower/Aqua Tail on Haxorus/Hydreigon
-Knock off on Scrafty, Serperior, etc
-Pain Split on Ninetales - finally edit: another weather starter that can heal, Chandelure, Musharna, Porygon2, Tangela, Tangrowth, Cofagrigus
-ResTalk Cofagrigus
-LR Heatwave Zapdos
-Superpower/Thick Fat Mamoswine
-Magic Room goes on things like Xatu. Potentially very fun
-Stealth Rock on Terrakion/Golurk/Landorus/PH Gliscor
-Elemental punches on Conkeldurr/Golurk
-Drain Punch on Golurk, although No Gaurd DPunch is better pretty much always
-Trick Victini/Chandelure
-Bulk Up Heracross (TM addition)
-Better coverage on klingklang - not sure what else but it definitely gets Wild Charge
-Spikes Seed Rocks all on Ferrothron now
-Hurricane Articuno, Moltres
-Iron Fist Elemental Punches Infernape
-Heal Bell Liligant
-Electroweb Magnezone?

Unfortunately no Ice Punch on Mienshao

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Moxie Krow, because it now gets Superpower and Heat Wave to use.

@Gym Leader Morty; I think Lilligant got Aromatherapy, so Heal Bell doesn't really add anything.

Air Cutter+Xatu=stat-viable Flying-type move...since it doesn't learn Hurricane or Air Slash...bawwwwwwwwwww!

Air Cutter+Xatu=stat-viable Flying-type move...since it doesn't learn Hurricane or Air Slash...bawwwwwwwwwww!

Psychic is the better STAB for Xatu since it has more power than both Air Cutter and Air Slash (just ask Octy), and there's really no need for coverage against Bug types since Psychic/Flying takes neutral damage from Bug moves. If anything, it needs Focus Blast.

Yes, but I like having both types STAB-covered.

This also makes Drifblim's inclusion in B2W2 a joke, as w/o Air Cutter, Gust doesn't cut it.

Game Freak's bizarre selections of what to cut out and what to include include are giving me rage of the Brooklyn variety!

Roost on Braviary was all I really wanted, lots more though, glad I'm not really into competitive battling like I was when Platinum came out, will be a lot easier to get used to new moves this way.

I am glad for most of the Unova move tutor lists, but I can't say the same for most of the previous gen mons.

-Foul Play having a nice distrubition is nice. Thank god especially for Amoongus, Porygon2, Umbreon, Mandibuzz and stuff like Ariados, Xatu, Girafarig and Mightyena.
-Vast majority of Unova Pokémon having gigantic movepools now is great, as their first movepools were really bad.
-Druddigon gets Gunk Shot. Even though it's one of my favourite dragons, this is just too perfect for it. It's nice that they are making her mishmashed design it's gimmick though and gave it a lot of options, both before this and now.
-Zweilous and Fraxure are going to a lot more fun in lower tiers with Eviolite.
-Growlithe gets Outrage. What's next, Petal Dance?
-Mandibuzz gets Heat Wave and Liepard gets Dark Pulse. Now Nasty Plot for those will be somewhat viable.
-Most of Psychic-types move tutors seem similiar. Eh. Wonder Room and Magic Room having more users is nice I guess.
-Beedrill, Rapidash, Lapras, Seaking and Dewgong all get Drill Run. Great, but rest of the learners are not that interesting as they already have good Ground-type moves.
-Stoutland gets Iron Head and Superpower. Cool.
-Serperior got slighlty better, and Samurott is still meh. Eh.
-Gabite didn't get anything new :I.
-Bisharp gets Double Chop. AHAHAHAHA. But still Double Chop's distrubition is nice.
-Zebstraika and Unfezant have nothing interesting. :I.
-Vanniluxe and Klinklang get Signal Beam :V.
-Chimecho didn't get Room moves. There goes suicide lead idea no #12354 and #278945.

Still at the very least compatiblity with Hidden Abilities won't be as big as it was before.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom