• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW2 Tutor Moves

Angad

Prayers to Oak Creek
Reaction score
This thread is for discussing the tutors in the games that came out today and their effect on the metagame, who will likely get what, and potential usage changes.

The moves are as follows:
-Covet
-Bug Bite
-Drill Run
-Bounce
-Signal Beam
-Iron Head
-Super Fang
-Uproar
-Seed Bomb
-Dual Chop
-Low Kick
-Gunk Shot
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch

-Last Resort
-Iron Defense
-Magnet Rise
-Magic Coat
-Block
-Hyper Voice
-Electroweb
-Icy Wind
-Iron Tail
-Aqua Tail
-Earth Power
-Zen Headbutt
-Foul Play
-Superpower
-Gravity
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse

-Bind
-Snore
-Heal Bell
-Knock Off
-Roost
-Sky Attack
-Role Play
-Heat Wave
-Giga Drain
-Drain Punch
-Pain Split
-Tailwind

-Worry Seed
-Gastro Acid
-Helping Hand
-After You
-Magic Room
-Wonder Room
-Spite
-Recycle
-Trick
-Stealth Rock
-Outrage
-Endeavor
-Sleep Talk
-Skill Swap
-Snatch

Ice Punch Conkeldurr, Mienshao, and other fight types seems like it could reduce Gliscor usage, but this also means Gliscor can run Roost, Stealth Rock, and Poison Heal on the same set.

This is list of what pokemon got what move.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Gliscor's superb buff, but I am glad that Unova's Pokemon gets the Move Tutor treatment! Braviary now gets to use Roost with Bulk Up, which is awesome, although Superpower would negate Bulk Up's boosts, but at least it's better than nothing. Golurk and Cofagrigus could possibly get Stealth Rock, and that's great news for my mono-Ghost team. Interesting that both Wonder Room and Magic Room are tutors, which I thought so because if they were to be a playstyle, they need to have more users!

Anyway, I remembered making a Move Tutor prediction, but I never posted the contents. The ones I guessed right were:

Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Gravity, Tailwind, Wonder Room, Magic Room, Skill Swap, Snatch, Sleep Talk, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Iron Tail, Icy Wind, Helping Hand, Bind, Knock Off, Uproar, Seed Bomb, Earth Power, Heat Wave, Signal Beam, Drill Run, Superpower, Zen Headbutt, Low Kick, Block, Synthesis, Worry Seed, Heal Bell, Magic Coat, Magnet Rise, Pain Split

I also guessed Endure, Defog, Avalanche, Seismic Toss, Counter, Body Slam, Mimic, Softboiled, Razor Wind, Fast Guard, Wide Guard, Rapid Spin, Metal Sound, Jump Kick, Drill Peck, Air Slash, Power Gem, Icicle Crash, Sucker Punch, Vacuum Wave, Steam Roller, Rollout, Mind Reader, Bestow and Soak, but those are not in the list.

Thanks for reading.

I'm so glad to see elemental punches, Heal Bell, Stealth Rock and most of the previous move tutor moves returning. We got a lot of move tutor moves and I can't wait to see who gets what.

It seems that defensive Pokemon gained a lot from this with Heal Bell, Roost, Knock Off among others.

Hydreigon can now run Earth Power, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse on the same set.

Cofagrigus now has a form of recovery with that Pain Split, along with Golurk.

EDIT; Also DD + Moxie + Outrage Mence, Heat Wave LR Zapdos and Moxie Honchkrow (Who also has Superpower)

Last edited:
NO...NO...NO!!!!

STEALTH ROCK AS A MOVE TUTOR MOVE!!!
Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!

Now more people will continue to spam it...It's mot fair, GF, It broke the metagame, and now you bring that accursed move back?????

I am never, ever going on Wi-Fi on B2W2, for this exact reason.

They could have made Rapid Spin a Move Tutor Move to compensate, but no, my fears were justified.

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!

I need a drink of Cheerwine soda now...

NO...NO...NO!!!!

STEALTH ROCK AS A MOVE TUTOR MOVE!!!

Now more people will continue to spam it...It's mot fair, GF, It broke the metagame, and now you bring that accursed move back?????

I am never, ever going on Wi-Fi on B2W2, for this exact reason.

They could have made Rapid Spin a Move Tutor Move to compensate, but no, my fears were justified.

I need a drink of Cheerwine soda now...

It's fine, it's not like it ever really went away. This really won't change much,

A lot of these seem to be what we've got before so I'm not particularly excited on the originiality front. Drill Run is nice though. I do hope it gets given to some Poké who can't use Earthquake as Ground is a great attacking type.

Also glad to see Hyper Voice on there.

I am however very disappointed that Icicle Crash isn't on there. I think Weavile would have appreciated it greatly to hit harder with one of its great STABs.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Beartic gained a lot from this. Also this means Leech Seed, Spikes and SR is available on Ferrothorn now.

Anyone know what Serperior gets from this? I hope he gets Superpower, Earth-Power and a good physical move (wonder if he'll get Iron-Tail since he has it as an egg-move?) he should definitely get Dragon-Pulse I think

I think best thing about Drill Run is that now Pokémon in animé can run a decent Ground-type move as Earthquake was banned a long time ago, and we haven't seen Earth Power for a while and due to recent we probably never will. That and I would like to run a Drill Run/Hone Claws/Dragon Rush/Stone Edge Eviolite Gabite in NU.

But overall I like the large array of move tutor moves. Especially Gravity/Roost/Super Fang/Drain Punch/Giga Drain and Pulses, as those will allow me to run more gimmicky sets. Heal Pulse/Gravity/Trick Room suicide Double Battle partner Chimecho here we go. Dual Chop is also interesting, I wonder if it will be given to some Pokémon who don't have Dragon-type moves, like Outrage was.

A lot of these seem to be what we've got before so I'm not particularly excited on the originiality front. Drill Run is nice though. I do hope it gets given to some Poké who can't use Earthquake as Ground is a great attacking type.

Also glad to see Hyper Voice on there.

I am however very disappointed that Icicle Crash isn't on there. I think Weavile would have appreciated it greatly to hit harder with one of its great STABs.

It still could happen, it could have been added to level up or breeding pools

Looks like things are about to get interesting again. To the guys complaining about the redundancy of move tutors, remember that this is for the Unova 'mons that never had access to them, as well as the new players that will be jumping in that won't have access to fourth gen games or tutors for the older Pokemon that are returning to the wild.

Also, slightly off-topic, but Skill Link Minccino is finally available! Hell yes!

So now it's possible to have a Gliscor with Poison Heal, Stealth Rock, and Roost. There goes the metagame.

I'm looking forward to finding out what Pokemon can learn Foul Play, it could be devastating in the hands of defensive walls with poor attacking stats. Hurray for the return of Outrage, now a Moxie Salamence with the move is legal. It might not necessarily be the best strategy, but it's sure going to be as fun as hell to use.

Yeah buddy. Get your troll on, Gliscor! I like the new Move Tutors so far though. Definitely a lot of potential there that will likely never be tapped... Much like the HG/SS Tutors, there will be several lower-tier Pokes that will probably become much improved now.

Looks like things are about to get interesting again. To the guys complaining about the redundancy of move tutors, remember that this is for the Unova 'mons that never had access to them

I think that's just a bad argument to make. Not every previous tutor move is maintained; nobody seems to be upset that String Shot isn't back.

as well as the new players that will be jumping in that won't have access to fourth gen games or tutors for the older Pokemon that are returning to the wild.

Again I think that's a bad argument. New players won't be missing out on what they never had, and there's been features in Pokémon before that never retained to the next games.

I can still hope for new egg moves and natural learnset edits as Angad said but I do still think the tutor moves are disappointing overall.

So far I think the Poké I'm most interested in is Serperior. If it got Superpower and Aqua Tail then it would really help out with its coverage. Getting Superpower might be a stretch but I don't see why it wouldn't get Aqua Taill.

I was hoping Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse would return, and I'm glad they have. 'Course, I'm not glad about Stealth Rock. Now Gliscor's gonna be so much more on a nuisance, especially with Roost + Poison Heal. At least Rapid Spin isn't there, but there's every chance Ferroseed (and Ferrothorn by extension) will get it in their learnsets or Egg moves.

Well, guess I can catch/breed my Terminator (Metagross) in my Black now. XD

So now it's possible to have a Gliscor with Poison Heal, Stealth Rock, and Roost. There goes the metagame.

Like Angad said, Ice Punch will end up on a lot of the Pokemon that Gliscor counters, and if it became so central it could easily be countered with Ice types and Ice Beam/HP Ice. Besides, Gliscor already has trouble with "moveslot syndrome" so not every PH set will have Roost and Stealth Rock - especially the former.

@Gym Leader Candice ; I was hoping for String Shot to return xD

Yes Ice Punch Conkledurr :p I am glad to see some of these moves up here as well as Move Tutor in the game. I personally do not care what people do with Stealth Rocks. Hopefully more pokemon can learn Rapid Spin though so it is easier to counter!

Also Happy to know that my Moxie Honchcrow can Learn SuperPower!!!!

At least now you will not have to worry about getting Bagon From the DW and it ending up with the Outrage since you can tutor it.
Also Moxie Gyarodos can learn Bounce threw the Tutor now so you will not have to get it from the DW either.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom