• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW9 - Pendorra/Kibago

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is somewhat disappointing that Iris gets, "cool" Pokemon while Ash is stuck with the predictable team of all the starters.

This is why I don't like Ash getting all the starters, it leaves only 1 space free for a random capture, and all the cool Pokemon go to other characters...

Don't tell me that you don't find Charizard cool!

I agree on the part about Ash's pokemon, thier's no suprise captures or anything like in hoenn or sinnoh, it's too bloody predictable.

Don't tell me that you don't find Charizard cool!

In Kanto it was fine because it was the first saga. He really didn't need all the starters in Johto, and as for BW, right now I'm not too excited about it.

Hopefully his Pokemon evolve a lot to make up for it.

In DP, he got Gliscor and Gible who are cool Pokémon. So there is possibility that he will get cool Pokémon in BW too.

maybe why she didn't use it before hasn't anything to do with her or with Doryuzu particularly, but rather, with them both, like imagine a scenario where Iris used Doryuzu before and he did something that both don't want to remember, like it accidentaly hurting iris or kibago even, so she doesn't uses him that often because of that and because Doryuzu is ashamed of what he did and lost motivation, so now using it to save kibago could rendeem him!

probably not, but... Who knows?
i think that it would be cool if it was somewhere between that lines... even more because nothing of the sort has happened in the anime before (well, not that i recall) and it would turn out to be a more mature thing to differ between what normally happens IMO.

This is why I don't like Ash getting all the starters, it leaves only 1 space free for a random capture, and all the cool Pokemon go to other characters...

I think you're the only one who has an issue with Ash having all the starters, Scotty. Smugleaf and Mijumaru have proven themselves to be unique additions to Ash's roster (though I can see how people might connect Miju to Piplup). And while I admit that Mamepato and Pokabu are a little more generic compared to their comrades, I have no objections against them rounding out Team Isshu.

It'll be fun trying to justify the pun in the dub, since I doubt our Ryuu mole will have something dragon themed in its name.

Maybe its english name will begin with 'Dr', as is Dragon?

I think you're the only one who has an issue with Ash having all the starters, Scotty.

No, he is not only one...

Smugleaf and Mijumaru have proven themselves to be unique additions to Ash's roster. And while I admit that Mamepato and Pokabu are a little more generic compared to their comrades, I have no objections against them rounding out Team Isshu.

I hope you right, but I don't think so. Writers will have a really hard time in future...

Pokemon smash shoooooooooooooows...*waiting*

*done waiting*

Iris posing with Kibago
ash and co running from pendra
kibago vs Yanappu (it wasn't using a move..just flailing its arms around trying to hit Yanappu)
kibago grabbing apples and falling
ppokabu is in the episode
iris swinging to grab kibago

The preview at the end of Pokemon Smash revealed more of the episode.
- Iris is seen pointing her finger to the sky with Kibago in front of her.
- Kibago is battling Yanappu. Kibago tries to use Scratch, but Yanappu easily shrugs it off.
- Kibago and Pikachu are climbing a tree to pick some apples. Kibago grabs one, but its weight breaks the branch it was standing on and it falls inside a bush.
- Pendra is chasing Ash and co. with Kibago on top of it clutching its antennae, scared for its life.
- Pokabu uses Ember on it.
- Iris swings from vine to vine to save Kibago.

It seems the writers are addressing Kibago's desire to evolve into Ononokus. From the looks of things, however, Kibago is portrayed as a weakling who cannot even battle properly.

Last edited:
I think you're the only one who has an issue with Ash having all the starters, Scotty. Smugleaf and Mijumaru have proven themselves to be unique additions to Ash's roster (though I can see how people might connect Miju to Piplup). And while I admit that Mamepato and Pokabu are a little more generic compared to their comrades, I have no objections against them rounding out Team Isshu.

I didn't see many people complaining that Ash didn't get all the starters in the last two gens. And back in Johto, Totodile probably would have been better off with Misty allowing Ash to get a different water type that gen. Its not like Totodile ever did much under Ash.

There are so many interesting Pokemon Ash could get in Isshu, but he's always stuck with the same type of team every gen.

It's showtime!

Per the Announcement at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom