• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

So this means that Trip beat Burgundy and Iris beat Dawn.....

Grrrrrrrrrr..........

tumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2.gif

th_tumblr_m6q2xkHhpy1r82670.gif

659cd4ffc725a938497da2d02b90fde9.gif

So it's confirmed... Iris beats Dawn... excuse me as I go to facepalm 3523456235 times over this
Oh, writers, poor writers, what happened to you in the move from DP to BW... T_T

I'm starting to think that three characters in the title means Iris wins against Ash or Trip, followed by her having to drop out because Dragonite goes totally uncontrollably crazy, finally forcing Iris to pay attention to that fact, reinstating the person who lost to Dragonite and then Ash vs Trip being the final battle, despite one of them having lost already. That way, someone other than Iris can win the tournament but still have her overglorified and not actually losing to a main character - and allowing the focus to be totally off Ash and Trip who actually bother to collect badges and train their Pokemon.

So if either Ash, or Trip go against this Dragonite...what do they have to beat it? Not like he's gonna call Charizard to save his ass.

Ash: Leavanny (no), Boldore (negative), Unfezant (nu uh), Scraggy (lol), Palpitoad (ain't gonna), Snivy (hell no), Oshawott (NOT), Pignite (Do pigs fly?)

So really all Ash has is Pikachu, and maaaybe Krokorok if it evolves, learning some dragon moves in the process. It's going to take some serious DEM from these guys to win.

Trip, what is his strongest? Serperior? Yeah, if it had Dragon Tail maybe. Even with that it's going to be a stretch.

Last edited:

Well I cannot say for certain but im sure it's either gonna be Trip vs Iris with Trip once again trouncing our fine Kanto native or it will be Ash vs Trip with Trip knocking off Iris.

I suppose either way in my honest opinion, Trip should be the most likely competitor to win the whole Junior Cup though i will only accept Trip's victory in this tournament if he redeemed his poor performance in the Donamite and trounced Cilan near flawlessly like he should have done in the Donamite. Likewise Iris is the second most likely to win and the reason although i hate to admit this and with no other choice given the narrowed remaining competitors left, is to denote her Champion Status in the games. This could even mean that there is a slight possibility we will see Iris being the new Champion, which in my opinion, would be the most terrible outcome of these chained events. I can't really see Ash winning the tournament unless Ash beats Trip in the semis, in which he just may lose to Iris in the finals. In my speculative opinion, Ash is the least likely to win of the three.

Ash would have not much to gain by battling Alder while Trip and Iris seem to have a bit more to gain at the very least from doing so. Also, they wouldn't have him beat Trip in the finals but more like they would have him beat Trip in the Semis instead so that Iris may inevitably claim ultimate victory. So what i truly hope for at this point is for the following to be paired like this in the semifinals:Ash vs Iris in which Iris wins and Trip vs Cilan in which Trip wins, making the finalsts Trip vs Iris. Now if this is the case i will call Trip as a Plot-Based Underdog in this fight which he must desperately win. This does one of two things, first it prevents the most undesired outcome that could possibly happen plot-wise and two, this would pave the way for some much needed character development that Trips so desperately needs in which by beating Cilan, he will re-establish himself as a legitimate threat to Ash before the league comes around. In my opinion that would be the best outcome of this tournament.

Last edited:

I think it's going to be Trip vs COTD and Iris vs Ash, so that there is a showdown between Dragonite and Krokorok.

I'm REALLY reaching and speculating here, but maybe there are three characters in the episode title because it was originally going to be, say, Iris vs Satoshi, but for whatever reason, she is disqualified before the match can begin and Satoshi being Satoshi wouldn't be happy with just being handed a victory, and Shooti was the next runner up after that so he took Iris' place.

I can't remember "The Last Battle" ever being used in a tournament episode title, either. Usually it's "Decisive Battle!! X vs X!!" Innnnteresting.

Oh great, we get a title confirming that Iris battles Dawn, and the next title says that Iris is still in the tournament. It's the Sinnoh Grand Festival all over again.

But I still can't believe that
DAWN LOST TO IRIS...

If it's Mamoswine VS Dragonite, and Mamoswine loses, I will lose all my faith in Best Wishes 2. *Sigh* I guess they're trying to make Iris look like such a good trainer compared to Dawn...

It better not be Iris vs Trip final!!!
-Trip is rookie first , rival later !
I can't stand he receiving special treatment just because writer obsessed to make him superior rival rather then just a proper rival! It prove that writer doesn't have any creativity So they a Paul's copy rather then try something new!
If Trip is the main rival then Ash is the Protagonist ! I mean , When it come to treating Ash writer only see him as a person but In Trip case writer see him like extra terrestrial Specie , What type of Justice is That!
There are a lot anime there Protagonist face someone in a Tournament with much more greater need to Win ! Life & Death type of Need ! But Protagonist beat them anyway so why Looking after Trip so much for a Stupid little promise!
Even if Trip win this , he still be a pathetic rival who receive special treatment from the writer!

-As for Iris
Isn't Don Tournament, Beating Dawn & A Dragonite enough for Her ? Gary was a E4 Champion in the game too but he didn't even reach top 16 in League Conference ! So why they Iris so Specially ? Her role in B2W2 has nothing to do with Anime !
Plus, Ash can consider to be a Future Champion too! Writer doesn't treat him any Special!

If Ash lose this then he gonna prove that he has no skill as trainer and all the credit of his achievement only belong to his pokemon!

Last edited:

I can't stand he receiving special treatment just because writer obsessed to make him superior rival rather then just a proper rival! It prove that writer doesn't have any creativity So they a Paul's copy rather then try something new!
If Trip is the main rival then Ash is the Protagonist ! I mean , When it come to treating Ash writer only see him as a person but In Trip case writer see him like extra terrestrial Specie , What type of Justice is That!
There are a lot anime there Protagonist face someone in a Tournament with much more greater need to Win ! Life & Death type of Need ! But Protagonist beat them anyway so why Looking after Trip so much for a Stupid little promise!
Even if Trip win this , he still be a pathetic rival who receive special treatment from the writer!

Your argument is invalid :p! We know Trip needs to win! And this is good chance for him to battle with Alder!

Last edited by a moderator:

At this point, I'd prefer Trip winning over Iris even though I can't stand him. Because at least he isn't relying on some free handout from the writers. I'm for the one who works hard which I'm hoping he learned from his past mistakes and put more effort into his training. That's why I fully supported Stephan winning the Clubsplosion as he trained harder than anyone else.

I'm cool with Ash winning as well.

My prediction for final match will be Iris VS Trip, both have strong Pokemon XD

Damn, it is so much fun being part of this fandom during the BW-mini-tournaments.
I just smiled when I read the new title, not because I am a fan of Iris and her angry & grumpy Barney nor Mr. Worst-rival-ever-since-Nanako but because I was looking forward to the complaints here.
For now I don't see any real difference to BW1 in BW2. The only few "new" things we've got are a cameo from the last gen with Hikari who I don't like much together with a predicted Pochama overload, a handful of old Pokémon who got more then enough screentime already in older episodes and Meloetta who isn't doing anything interesting at all.

My main gripe with this tournament is the pacing above everything else. Why are these tournaments always so rushed? Is a 5 episode tournament in which every character get to look good at least once too much to ask for? Other animes can do it so why not Pokémon?

Oh Joy, my 2 least favourite best wishes characters in the supposed "Last Battle", I can barely contain my excitement.

In all seriousness though, I doubt this is going to be a 3 way match up, so I'm thinking Ash vs Iris Semi, Ash uses Krokorok, Iris uses Dragonite, Krokorok evolves, learns outrage, Smashes Dragonite, puts Iris in her place, trip just beats some COTD no one cares about, then Trip beats Ash in the Final, Trip can battle Alder and get that crap out of the way, leading up to the the league where Ash will beat Trip which will probably be meant to have some sort of big emotional impact, a la Paul, except no one will give a damn because Trip is a complete fail as a rival.

Anyway, really not looking forward to this episode. I was so amped for season 2 like 2 months ago lol.

All one needs to do to succeed is be given a 600 BST Pokemon at the last moment and they'll be fine. Who needs to waste time training/bonding with your Pokemon you used for an entire journey? That's the kind of message I'm getting.

Even with the "fast-pacing" of this series, the development of a character shouldn't be handled this poorly. At least with Togekiss the writers had enough sense to have it lose in it's first major battle.

Is the title for this episode correct? The Last Battle? That's an odd title. It's making me think that it's going to be a double battle similar to when Paul and Ash teamed up in DP052. A triple battle with Iris, Ash and Trip against only Alder would be friggin amazing! he'd destroy them all with his Bouffalant though XD

Oh and I can't handle my excitement for this tournament! It's sounding more awesome with every title we get! Dragonite beating dumb old Dawn, my favorite characters all succeeding and getting in the semi and ALDER@@!!@@!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

WORLD TOURNAMENT!?!?!? WHY CANNNNNNNN'T YOU COME SOOOOONER!?!?! BEST WISHES 2 is going to be sooooooooooo awesome this summer!

/FANGASIMING

Is the title for this episode correct? The Last Battle? That's an odd title. It's making me think that it's going to be a double battle similar to when Paul and Ash teamed up in DP052. A triple battle with Iris, Ash and Trip against only Alder would be friggin amazing! he'd destroy them all with his Bouffalant though XD

Oh and I can't handle my excitement for this tournament! It's sounding more awesome with every title we get! Dragonite beating dumb old Dawn, my favorite characters all succeeding and getting in the semi and ALDER@@!!@@!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

WORLD TOURNAMENT!?!?!? WHY CANNNNNNNN'T YOU COME SOOOOONER!?!?! BEST WISHES 2 is going to be sooooooooooo awesome this summer!

/FANGASIMING

I agree if Iris, Ash, and Trip battle together with Alder~! It will be awesome :3

Your argument is invalid :p! We know Trip needs to win! And this is good chance for him to battle with Alder! If Trip wins, you don't have a right to mock him =="
Off course , I have right to monk him!
Any Rookie who get's special treatment just cause he's the rival deserve to be monked!
I'm more concern about Ash rather then your eyecandy Trip!!!
Trip just start his Journey, Its appropriate time for him to lose, Humiliate & Learn!
I have no intention see Ash lose & being called a ''Kanto Bonnie'' by Trip in front of Cynthia !
Plus , Ash haven't won a Major Individual Tournament !
Ash image being totally destroyed in Best Wish ! I wanna see Ash regain it back!!!
I don't want see Writer taking petty on Trip just cause he's a Eyecandy for Girl's!
Trip will get plenty of Chance to battle Alder So I want this Last Unova non-League Tournament to be Ash!!!

Any Rookie who get's special treatment just cause he's the rival deserve to be monked!
What special treatment?

I'm more concern about Ash rather then your eyecandy Trip!!!
Have you ever acknowledged the possibility that the reason why people like Trip could be beyond eyecandy reasons?

Trip just start his Journey, Its appropriate time for him to lose, Humiliate & Learn!
Aaaaaannnnndddd that's already happened. Twice.

I have no intention see Ash lose & being called a ''Kanto Bonnie'' by Trip in front of Cynthia !
I doubt that will happen. Besides, it would make sense for Ash to lose against Trip if he's using the Pokemon he captured in Unova. If Trip used his Serperior, it wouldn't be a stretch.
Plus , Ash haven't won a Major Individual Tournament !
There's the Unova League for him.

Ash image being totally destroyed in Best Wish ! I wanna see Ash regain it back!!!
Regain what back? Image destroyed? Because he's losing with his new Pokemon right?

I don't want see Writer taking petty on Trip just cause he's a Eyecandy for Girl's!
That doesn't make sense. It's what has been written for his character. By making him succeed, it shows that he has grown.

Trip will get plenty of Chance to battle Alder So I want this Last Unova non-League Tournament to be Ash!!!
Plenty of chance of an official match = This tournament and the Unova League. The latter being impossible for Trip now.

Last edited:

...Iris beats Dawn...? YES. OMG YES.

Thank God! That means that Georgia's honor is saved, pueh. Thank God....
No way that Mamoswine could beat Dragonite if Beartic couldn't, no fucking way. And with Ice Shard being its only Ice-type move while Beartic had Ice Beam and Icicle Crash the odds for Mamoswine actually winning only decreases. So, I'm pleased with the news. Although I'm still kinda worried...

I seriously don't want the issues with Dragonite to be solved in this tournament, but I'm afraid that might happen when she battles Dawn. If Dawn only could keep her mouth closed and only call out on attacks during the whole battle, then I at least would've happy. Sure, she can help Iris and Dragonite to bond with each other AFTER the tournament, but please don't make it happen during the tournament. This scenario with a disobediant and crazy Dragonite will be so much more interesting if it keeps on going for a while.

Woah. This title is really interesting. Ash, Iris and Trip? please make it a threeway, plsplspls I guess one of them is going to face a CoTD, probably the one who beats Cilan, and my guess is that Ash gets to battle him/her, while Trip and Iris have a battle in the semi-final. I've really been looking forward for a battle between Trip and Iris ever since they hinted about it in BW32, and finally it happens. Hopefully, in this battle, Trip actually beats Iris. There's no need for her to advance any further as she already has made it to the final round once, although I really wouldn't mind seeing her there again. But seeing Dragonite and Iris being brought down by Trip really wouldn't hurt at all, that loss could surely bring forth some development for the two of them in the future, assuming that Dragonite is still being disobediant after the battle Dawn had with Iris.

The final battle should be between Trip and Ash, and I can honestly say that I'll be glad no matter which one of them wins. As long as Dawn is out of the tournament, I can finally start enjoying it for real. I'm still kinda curious to what happened to Cilan though. He doesn't seem to get any major battles.

OMG, I'm just SO happy that Dawn actually lost to Iris! I was almost completely positive that she would win and advance further, but fortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. (x

I must say though, her cameo is kinda underwhelming... Yeah, I never had high expectations for her, since it is Dawn we're talking about, but I guess that the only reason they brought her back was for Piplup after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom