• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie! The Last Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW92: Ash, Iris, and Shootie. The Last Battle

It better not be Iris vs Trip final!!!
-Trip is rookie first , rival later !
I can't stand he receiving special treatment just because writer obsessed to make him superior rival rather then just a proper rival! It prove that writer doesn't have any creativity So they a Paul's copy rather then try something new!
If Trip is the main rival then Ash is the Protagonist ! I mean , When it come to treating Ash writer only see him as a person but In Trip case writer see him like extra terrestrial Specie , What type of Justice is That!
There are a lot anime there Protagonist face someone in a Tournament with much more greater need to Win ! Life & Death type of Need ! But Protagonist beat them anyway so why Looking after Trip so much for a Stupid little promise!
Even if Trip win this , he still be a pathetic rival who receive special treatment from the writer!

Your argument is invalid :p! We know Trip needs to win! And this is good chance for him to battle with Alder! If Trip wins, you don't have a right to mock him =="
Off course , I have right to monk him!
Any Rookie who get's special treatment just cause he's the rival deserve to be monked!
I'm more concern about Ash rather then your eyecandy Trip!!!
Trip just start his Journey, Its appropriate time for him to lose, Humiliate & Learn!
I have no intention see Ash lose & being called a ''Kanto Bonnie'' by Trip in front of Cynthia !
Plus , Ash haven't won a Major Individual Tournament !
Ash image being totally destroyed in Best Wish ! I wanna see Ash regain it back!!!
I don't want see Writer taking petty on Trip just cause he's a Eyecandy for Girl's!
Trip will get plenty of Chance to battle Alder So I want this Last Unova non-League Tournament to be Ash!!!

DID you realize? ASH had won Orange League and Battle Frontier. I know I am more concern about lovely Trip, but I am also concern about Iris. I am glad Iris wins against Dawn! I am glad this is final battle! I am glad Ash, Iris , and Trip (by general they're my favorite characters, and personally I like Trip ) shining on this tournament!

What If a Quoter-final match of Junior Cup turn out to be a Draw ?
Then there will be 3 semi-finalist !
A Big Problem for Tournament Official !
So ,
What if Alder suggest to have a Tag team Triple battle against the Semi-finalist where Alder will battle with Cynthia & Caitlin in his team???
Al least , That match's the episode title !
Plus , This way Ash won't be humiliated & Trip can battle his Idol !
DID you realize? ASH had won Orange League and Battle Frontier. I know I am more concern about lovely Trip, but I am also concern about Iris. I am glad Iris wins against Dawn! I am glad this is final battle! I am glad Ash, Iris , and Trip (by general they're my favorite characters, and personally I like Trip ) shining on this tournament!
Orange League & Battle Frontier wasn't a Tournament !
I don't know what those stupid thing was ?
It nether made Ash stronger or give him acknowledgement form other people!
Pokemon Battle is a Sport and Winning Tournament is more important in a Sport rather then those indoor challenge like Orange League or Battle Frontier!

Last edited:

Battle Frontier is too hard to beat :p, League is more than tournament :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

...Iris beat Dawn...? YES. OMG YES.
YES YES YES YES YES :DDDD.

But seeing Dragonite and Iris being brought down with Trip really wouldn't hurt at all, that loss could surely bring forth some development for the two of them in the future, assuming that Dragonite is still being disobediant after the battle Dawn had with Iris.
How exactly? Though, by now I think Iris would switch to Excadrill.

I must say though, her cameo is kinda underwhelming... Yeah, I never had high expectations for her, since it is Dawn we're talking about, but I guess that the only reason they brought her back was for Piplup after all.
Yup. Sure the girl stuff was fun, but her presence so far has still been a bit boring. Maybe she'll stay for the Meloetta arc and do something.... noticeable. don't forget her short skirt btw XD

Axew needs to battle for improving its powers (especially for Giga Impact)

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/some-new-immediate-rule-changes-regarding-negative-posts-136822/

I'm sure you will all read this carefully and acknowledge the following:

- "I love to see you all complain" or similar will get Flaming and Baiting.
- "You don't deserve to mock", or whatever incorrect spelling is popular these days, will get Pointless Post or Flaming and Baiting depending on the post.
- Yammering on about Trip and how much you dislike him in general will get Pointless Post or Flaming and Baiting for repeat offenders. This includes past yammering.

Now feel free to go back to your discussions.

I wonder , Is it possible that Cilan & Cabernet tied their Quoter-final Battle!
I mean , Let be honest
The Episode title doesn't make any sense!
Specially the ''Last Battle'' part !
After all , if this episode the semi-final then there will be at least 4 battle !
2 Semi-final , 1 final , 1 prize battle with Alder !
The last episode of a Tournament ark only manage to have 3 battle!(With other non-battle thing)
So , Episode title will make sense if Ash , Trip & Iris has to battle together !
So , Its only make sense if One quoter-final battle end in draw which why Ash , Iris & Trip has to participate in a Tag-Triple Battle Against Alder , Cynthia and Caitlin!!!

How exactly? Though, by now I think Iris would switch to Excadrill.

Well, since Dragonite now has won two times by following its own instincts it'll surely get a confidence boost, right? Now would be the perfect opportunity to bring him down, making him realize that listening to a Trainer's calls is vital in order to reach victory. Or, I dunno...

It is possible that she switches to Excadrill (if she's allowed to do so), but I'd much rather see Axew being used. The little guy learned Giga Impact and even sparred with Excadrill, now's the time for him to receive some spotlight.

Last edited:

-Writer turning him into Paul in 3 month and holding Ash back so Ash can lose Is a Special Treatment !
How? It made logical sense. Ash was using his new Pokemon. His Pikachu managed to beat Tranquill after who knows how many Super Luck critical hits he landed on Pikachu. It only fell to Servine who had full health.

-They even bring Zekrem in first episode to make sure Ash lose ! That's a Special Treatment.
Yeah, to make Trip's head bloat that he's going to be an uber strong trainer if he kept his pace with strength. Oh and Ash just quit for Pikachu's sake. Pikachu could have died y'know.

-Writer could create more experience main rival but they trying Trip the main rival despite he being a Rookie!
You're right, but what's wrong with trying new things?

-Trip can whip the floor with Ash but Ash has to struggle to beat that one Rookie ! Ash can't beat him like the way a experience trainer like him would beat Trip ! That a Special Treatment!
Well, Ash got in second place and the Top 4 in the previous tournament, while Trip made it in the Top 16. How is Ash being treated to be a weak inexperienced Trip now?

-Rather then treat Trip like other Rookie , Writer treat him like a extra terrestrial species ! Thats a Special Treatment.

extra terrestrial species

Thanks for making me spout my milk on the floor.

And Seriously , Do you think Current Ash has any chance of winning Unova League !
If he used his older Pokemon of course.
Anyway
What If a Quoter-final match of Junior Cup turn out to be a Draw ?
Then there will be 3 semi-finalist !
A Big Problem for Tournament Official !
So ,
What if Alder suggest to have a Tag team Triple battle against the Semi-finalist where Alder will battle with Cynthia & Caitlin in his team???
Al least , That match's the episode title !
Yeah! That could work and be very awesome! Doubt it would happen, though.

Plus , This way Ash won't be humiliated & Trip can battle his Idol !
Even if Ash lost now at the semi or finals he wouldn't be humiliated. The closest way to be humiliated would be losing in the first round.

Orange League & Battle Frontier wasn't a Tournament !
I don't know what those stupid thing was ?
It nether made Ash stronger or give him acknowledgement form other people!
Pokemon Battle is a Sport and Winning Tournament is more important in a Sport rather then those indoor challenge like Orange League or Battle Frontier!
Orange League needed 4 badges that made you compete in a tournament that was in the same vein as a normal league's. And what? It did make him stronger and be acknowledged by other strong trainers. Remember Lance and the Frontier Brains?

Is this tournament really only three episodes long...? Rushed, much?

And I'm calling the finals to be Ash vs. Trip. Unless the three names in the title implies some three-way thing, which I doubt.

Is this tournament really only three episodes long...? Rushed, much?
I'd expect that the 'last battle' will just commence in this episode, with the conclusion and the battle with Alder the next week.

Well, that's that. Iris is broken as all get out, big surprise. Does that mean she'll win? I'm still not sure. Believe it or not, Trip winning this is the LEAST irritating outcome because all it does is maintain the status quo. Again, watching to see if Ash does end up facing the Dragonite, because if he does, then you know the parallel that will result. If he doesn't, then I won't rag on it too much. Honestly, I probably shouldn't even be ragging to begin with since this tournament did not do what we expected it to, and that means the League will be BSed straight to the Inferno, and all we have to look forward to is the next saga.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate it when I turn out to be right about events that play out in this series? Damn.

I've already determined this entire tournament would be a bust a week or so ago, but now I'm thinking this has the opportunity to actually be worse than the first Don Battle.

Since the staff hasn't been shy about putting four character names in an episode title before, I'm assuming the fourth spot in the semis is going to a CotD, so all it comes down to is what the match-ups are. Someone's getting an easy pass into the finals, and I'm certain this someone isn't Ash. I'm sure it'll be here or the next episode that Ash's Krokorok evolves... I'm just trying to think back if there's ever been a time in the anime where Ash's Pokemon evolved and he didn't win the battle in which that happened... besides Chimchar to Monferno in the full battle with Paul. I guess the fact that it has happened at least once before means it's possible Ash could still lose regardless of him getting a fully-evolved Pokemon (besides, a fully-evolved Pokemon that has problems after evolving wouldn't be a first - remember Sceptile? :p).

Still, this couldn't be a worse line-up. I probably wouldn't mind Trip getting this far if his last appearance wasn't him getting his ass kicked by Bianca. This Alder thing suddenly making him not suck just seems like such a cop-out. Even so, I would rather he win the whole tournament than Iris for obvious reasons. Even though I still think him getting to battle Alder is completely and utterly pointless, that will sting less than Iris storming through the ENTIRE tournament with a raging pseudo-legendary she just caught and can't fully control. I'm 99% sure Ash won't win this either way because the League is so close in coming, and since it's assumed Trip will lose to him there, it would only make him more pathetic to lose here. :p To Iris, though... who knows.

This tournament is dumb. This "second season" is dumb. Best Wishes as a whole is dumb-dumb-dumb. Fuck everything.

Last edited:

Shootie is the most likely candidate to win this because he needs to be portrayed as a strong trainer in order to make his rivaly with Satoshi work. Shootie beating Satoshi here ( and getting a REAL and serious battle with the Champ ) could make beating him at the league later on real challenge to Satoshi and, let's be honest, his performances in the past few tournaments weren't impressive at all, so his character needs redemption this time. This won't be good writing but at least it makes more sense than Iris or Satoshi facing Alder.
Maybe Alder won't be there as a prize at all and already left the tournament after the 2nd episode because he had shopping to do? Or climbing a random mountain? Sobbing over the grave of his old Pokémon?
"Sorry guys, Alder left a few hours ago...maybe next time!"

No word on Dent is a bit sad. 3 Episodes and he wasn't part of the title in any of them. I want to see Muggyo win for once...please make it happen...

Wonder who the 4th person is since it seems like Ash, Iris, and Trip are part of the final 4. If I were to guess, I'd initially say that it'd be a COTD that could propel Ash to the finals while Iris vs. Trip to duke it out but we'll see. We know Ash will use Leavanny in the first round, hope we see more pokemon from him besides Leavanny, especially for this battle as well as the battle before the final 4.

Last edited:

Was rooting for Dawn, but oh well. Not surprised that Iris beat Dawn, but that just proves that the writers aren't willing to develop Iris's character at a believable pace. I hope that Ash faces against Iris and defeats her Dragonite because she really needs to be grounded.

Overall, this Season 2 has been a huge disappointment and I was excited a few months ago, too. This tournament is called the Junior World Cup and yet, the entirety of it only spans for 3-4 episodes. Best Wishes is way too rushed and has been a huge letdown in comparison to the previous arcs.

How to say how I feel about this title without violating the new forum rules? Hmmm.

This tournament could not be more disappointing. Absence of Stephan and Bianca after opening practically rubbing their participation in our faces, no news about the new rival, Iris defeating half of the participants with a disobedient Dragonite captured a day before the competition... The writers ruined it.
I'm so sad to see that Dawn's cameo is being used to further glorify Iris.
Bring on the next anime series!

For me, the lack of exclamation marks creates a solemn, serious air (though, I have no clue why would it be gravely serious) and the phrase "last battle" has a ring of finality to it. Certainly is unusual...

As for this particular set of victors that triumphed to the Semi-Finals, I'm unsurprised; Ash sees this Tournament as his last shot before the Unova League, so it wouldn't look fantastic if he suffered an early loss, Shooti's dream is at stake, which would probably lead to him to put in a lot of effort to help it come true, Iris- well, I felt she would (but not should) reach the Semis, I guess due to her BW2 role, well, that's the only reason I can think of.

I hope that it results in Ash VS Shooti in the finals for a few reasons- I'd like to see how is their rivalry shaping up and where they are in regards to one another before the Unova League, as I hoped for this Tournament to include rivals battling, and Shooti is the only one out of Ash's rivals competing, for the first time ever I think I wish for Shooti to win the Tournament, and I don't desire for Iris to succeed into the finals.

I want Shooti to win, as he can venture on to have a match with Alder- I hope the battle between those two will stir something in Shooti, and contribute to a development of his personality and team for the Unova League, as I think it'll be unlikely that he'll vanquish over Alder and have his own closure with Ash, even though I did wish for that, as their rivalry was, in my opinion, a bit on the stale side. Still, any opportunity for Shooti to potentially improve in general, I appreciate.
I'd be neutral to Ash winning; could take it or leave it.

Last edited:

Ok... so that's two Ice types taken down by a recently obtained disobedient dragon? This really is going too far now. If Ash and Iris battle next, then Krokorok should evolve and win with a dragon type move or maybe an Ice Fang. Sure it seems unlikely, but hey I can dream, right?

I think it's guaranteed that Ash will beat Iris so that the rivalry between him and Trip will finally be reignited. And yeah, what's with Iris's disobedient Dragonite being able to defeat two ice types despite its huge shortcomings? I was really hoping Dawn faces Ash since her skill level is closest to that of Ash's (DP version).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom