• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantain VS Daikenki!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/wwwdotuporg3331738.jpg

Summary translated from Sushi at Serebii:

In order to watch Kotetsu's Gym Battle at the Seigaiha Gym, Ash and his friends head to the Gym with him, but...!?

BW094scan.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/30mllqg.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/9880mv.jpg

Last edited:
Re: BW94:Unsure

"Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantine VS Daikenki"

I think Satoshi is going to watch this kid battle.

Re: BW94:Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantine VS Daikenki

Wait gym battles? thought there were only 8 gyms in the anime...

Wait gym battles? thought there were only 8 gyms in the anime...
Nope. There are many Gyms in each Region. Gary even had 10 Badges back in Kanto. But only 8 Badges are actually required to enter the League.

But I do hope Ash battles the Gym Leader. Even if it isn't for the Badge, I'd like to see him battle and win.

A Stephan episode where he battles Marlon for his last gym badge? Sounds interesting. I hope that his third Pokemon is revealed. We've already seen his Sawk and Zebstrika plenty of times.

The kid's name is Kotetsu. Kenyan isn't in this.

Is Kotetsu (who has a Riolu) the infamous NEW RIVAL?

Because he looks...plain.

So excited to see Samurott in action. As well as see Mantine and Marlon. I'm guessing Kotetsu has Samurott? Assuming he's the one challenging Marlon...don't really know what the blurb summary says there. Interesting to see that Riolu there too and Meloetta of course is still sticking with Ash for the time being. Can't wait to see Marlon though! Really glad to see him make an appearance!

Even though we know fuck all about him, he doesn't really give off the rival vibe lol. I hope Ash battles this gym, he's not really the type to pass up a battle because he already has enough badges.

Re: BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantine VS Daikenki!!

Guess they had to show Marlon somehow, since he's featured in the intro. And I doubt this kid is the new rival. Seems more like a CotD

Guess they had to show Marlon somehow, since he's featured in the intro. And I doubt this kid is the new rival. Seems more like a CotD

Then why are they making an entire episode having him challenge a Gym leader? We usually only see that happen with established rivals, like Gary challenging Viridian Gym, Paul Vs. Roark, etc.

Then why are they making an entire episode having him challenge a Gym leader? We usually only see that happen with established rivals, like Gary challenging Viridian Gym, Paul Vs. Roark, etc.

Well to be picky, Ash isn't battling Marlon for the badge so maybe they just wanted to showcase Marlon somehow (although I do hope Ash gets a battle in potentially). I guess we'll see what happens with this Kotetsu character but I'm personally not expecting that much. But regardless of his role, I'm glad we get to see Samurott in action. I've wanted to see how it moves and maneuvers in battles so this will be a good opportunity to see that. Seeing Marlon/Mantine is just another bonus on top of that for me.

Remember the older scans before the Junior cup aired said Ash was getting a new rival soon. Perhaps this is the new rival and that's why we're seeing him challenge a Gym leader.

I hope Samurott wins vs Mantine here.

Last edited:

Oh good, it's not another Axew kidnapping episode right after the tournament.

I guess it is neat that they're showcasing another of the new gyms in the BW2 games, even if it may be just to watch a CotD (possibly) battle one.

Kotetsu is most likely the character that explains the "meeting" part of the previous episode's title. I wouldn't be surprised if he were Ash's last opponent in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom