• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantain VS Daikenki!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantine VS Daikenki!!

BWS2-10.png

Possible new summary here.

He looks like a ranger. I'd like his dub name was Kyle, just for the sake of it. :B

Sushi said:
Having decided to join Kotetsu on his badge-getting quest, Ash and his friends head to the Seigaiha Gym. Ash and Kotetsu get separated from Iris and the others, but manage to reach the Gym after facing various trials. There they find a field constructed within a bay.

So, a new nakama has arrived. Will they show Marlon (and, possibly, Drayden) as Kotetsu's final badges? I'm thinking that golurk from the meloetta arc is Kotetsu's, after all.

aw man that new character reminds me way too much of Ben (natsuya) from the ranger series. o_O
i really hope this episode better have riolu stealing the show
i am sorry but watching a COTD do a gym battle instead of Ash and co. is just a waste of time in my opinion. Since i have NO idea who the heck this character is why should i be remotly enthused (the only reason why i havent written it off as a compleatly boring episode is that riolu is there) as the animators could have at least for a gym battle had broght back someone like Ash's other rivals and had them battle (such as ritchie or other ones that havent reapeared in years).
Dragonite 2.0 enthusiasm.

However if this kid was batteling drayden.... then i would be 234% more enthused

the idea of an entire episode focusing on a COTD we have no clue who he is battling a gym leader doesnt fly well with me. however i do hope this episode will make up for its self becaus it has riolu who is a one of my favorite pokemon

Last edited:

Possibly Cress might show up in this episode. Poor boy never got any screentime since A Call for Brotherly Love. I mean Chili and Cress are almost neglected characters. I mean we have Marlon is water type gym leader, Chili left on his own journey. There can't be two gyms that specialize in the type, I hope Cress gets at least a cameo. What will he do now?

So will Ash's Oshawott will make an appearence in this episode. I think that it would be intressing to see the look on Oshawott from it evolvtion agian like they did early in the season

Oshawott, being the guy to stick his nose into everything, will probably come out of his Pokeball on his own when Samurott is already out. Osha is scared at first and then...whatever happens. Maybe they even bond together.

The summery makes me think that 3/4 of this episode with be nothing but hot-blooded-shounen-forest-hijinks between Ash and Kotetsu, and then the latter has a rushed battle with Marlon at the end. I hope I'm wrong though!

Sushi said:
Having decided to join Kotetsu on his badge-getting quest, Ash and his friends head to the Seigaiha Gym. Ash and Kotetsu get separated from Iris and the others, but manage to reach the Gym after facing various trials. There they find a field constructed within a bay.

So... what? It's the Kotetsu show now? Meh... still better than the Iris show that's been going on lately, but... wow... we're following Joe Nobody on his badge quest... color me unenthused by the prospect of watching a guy that comes out of nowhere when... we actually have a lot of characters that could have used this battle. I just... what? Lemme guess 15 minutes of Satoshi and Kotetsu looking at a map and meeting Shizui, 2 KO in one minute (assuming this is 3-on-3) and then Daikenki v Mantine lasting a good 2 minutes, maybe three, maybe it's the lacklusterness of the Junior Cup chipping away my enthusiasm, but... I just can't get excited about this battle. Two characters I haven't followed, I haven't seen progressed, that haven't been fleshed out and will probably be one-dimensional given how little time they have to establish them as characters will duke it out in what will be a lackluster and rushed battle by recent standards...

I'd really like to give a shit here, but I don't.

Kotetsu looks soooo cuuuuuutteeeee <3. I hope he stays with the main cast for a little longer. oh who am I kidding he's not in BW95, BW96 and BW97

TBH, I prefer his character design over Hugh's and the male PC protagonist of BW2.

Kotetsu is revealed to have Ferrothorn
Marlon is revealed to have Jellicent (male/female unsure)

they are battling on a water field.

It's implying that Ferrothorn vs Jellicent is first I think.

Yeah...I don't buy the attempt at tension. The guy is probably going to win the gym so that he can be in the League and...well you know the rest.

He has a cool team so far, too bad the summary indicates he's just an Ash clone personality wise.

>joins random trainer's badge quest instead of training for the league

how many shakes can a WildG shake if a WildG could smh

Battle looks better than pretty much everything we've seen so far in best wishes sadly. I still can't care about Kotetsu. Meh.

Wailord which is clearly Marlon's.
Random Forest Scene
Ferrothrorn, Awesome, floating and using Pin Missile
Cuts to Jellicent using...Pain Split?
Mantine and Samurrot's battle seems long. Bullet Seed, Hydro Cannon, Wing Attack and Razor Shell

Looks good to me.

They're playing him off as an idiot savant? I'm not liking what this implies. At least we finally get awesome Samurott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom