• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with Pikachu was about all that distinguishes Team Rocket from generic villians - he's fought/stood ready to fight plenty of other leaders of evil teams - the only reason there's any more weight to him battling Giovanni is because of the past history with Team Rocket's ongoing attempts to capture Pikachu for him. If the plot is going to be the generic 'stop doing that to the poor defenceless legendary Pokemon who could easily kill everyone in this area' - it may as well be against a generic evil team.

Which goes against:

It's kinda disappointing that Pikachu is able to have that battle in that setting - I've always envisioned the final battle against Giovanni to be as a result of Pikachu being properly captured and Ash fighting his way towards where he is being held - so Ash is in full rage mode against him.

Giovanni doesn't care about Pikachu. Ash can still be in full rage mode against him since he established a bond with Meloetta(notice how he touches her affectionately in BW091) as well. Besides, the battle wouldn't be as exciting without Pikachu.

Giovanni doesn't care about Pikachu.
Giovanni doesn't care about Ash either, Ash probably barely has an idea who he is at all. All Ash knows is that he is the head of Team Rocket and Team Rocket are the ones who keep stealing his Pikachu.

I still think Pikachu being successfully stolen is the best way to raise the stakes for Ash. He's quite happy to leave behind all of his Pokemon back at Oak's, randomly shuffle through his Unova Pokemon and to release Pokemon he spent whole regions with. What he doesn't do is let Pikachu go - he'll jump off cliffs chasing Pikachu, he'll stand there getting electrocuted to death for Pikachu, he would in an instant run off and leave all his travelling partners to chase after Pikachu (it's only because they end up following him when he does that it hasn't happened multiple times in the past).

On the other hand Meloetta is just another generic Pokemon, on the same level as how Ash would care about any Pokemon having bad things happening to it. Sure he might have spent a few weeks with it, he might have bonded a bit with it - but it pales in comparison to the potential that exists with a Pikachu related plot.

We have a shell of a Team Rocket having the climactic battle of 15 years over a Pokemon that hasn't been around for 15 episodes.

How about using Meloetta to unleash three more legends and wreaking havoc. Ash isn't fighting for his own sake, but for everyone.

Well.... WORLD DOMINATION!

But yeah, I get what you mean. It still wouldn't be that different from the times when Team Rocket caught Pikachu and Ash beat them. With Meoletta, there's the "World Domination" thing + manipulation. If Ash does not beat Giovanni, his Pikachu's screwed.

We have a shell of a Team Rocket having the climactic battle of 15 years over a Pokemon that hasn't been around for 15 episodes.
I agree with this. Meloetta and the Kami trio look really out of place in what is allegedly Team Rocket's final plan. I still see have a much easier time believing that Operation Tempest is just the beginning of a greater plan, as one of the tweets said.

Well, this is gonna be weird and anticlimactic. :-/

BTW, both Satoshi and Persian are voiced by Rica Matsumoto. So basically this battle gonna be a severe case of Talking to Herself.

Well, I'll just repeat what pretty much everyone has said and say FINALLY.

Although, I'm not really going to expect any sort of amazing battle, those kind of things never usually happen in these kinds of Villain Team Finale, so if I was to guess I'd say that the Persian Vs Pikachu battle will just be a couple of minutes with them exchanging attacks, but it'll still be great to see. I've always wanted IrisAsh to battle any kind of villain boss, but it never really happened. Finally, it happens, and with it being Giovanni too only increases my excitement. It's going to be so awesome with Giovanni confronting Ash.~

I agree with this. Meloetta and the Kami trio look really out of place in what is allegedly Team Rocket's final plan. I still see have a much easier time believing that Operation Tempest is just the beginning of a greater plan, as one of the tweets said.

Can you post the link to said tweet?

Can you post the link to said tweet?
In this tweet Giovanni says that Operation Tempest is indispensable for the beginning of the Unova takeover, with the ultimate goal being world domination.

"First Operation" of Operation Tempest(i.e.Unova takeover)? That rekindled some of my hope for the Team Plasma two-parter to appear...

I wonder what they could achieve from this. They even got some Team Rocket members to help.

It's pretty obvious this isn't the finale, but the beginning of it.

We're not going to see the true end of TR until BW ends in late 2013.

How in the world can taking control of all three of the kamis in Therian Form just be the beginning? Are they trying to get the attention of a much better target? (Reshi and Zek? Kyurem?) If so, then I would have to assume that TP was severely humiliated since undertaking something of this magnitude and not expecting reprisal seems stupid to me.

We havent seen Givoanni Battle since EP063, and not even then did we see Persian fight. This will be epic. Due to the massive relation between Giovanni and Persian, Persian will be extrodinarily strong!! It will be the best battle in the BW series.

I love how they are finally meeting. I wonder what will be said? I wonder if Giovanni will finally understand what Jessie, James and Meowth goes through. This is what I call dramatic ;)

EDIT:Guys, remember that 2012 April Fools joke?: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/bw077-bw086-episode-titles-revealed-april-fools-129520/#post3888339

BW086: Satoshi VS Sakaki! Pikachu VS Persian!!

Wow....

As the person who posted said joke, the fact this is actually happening just ten episodes later blows my mind. I thought of that title as the most unbelievably believable thing that could come out. And now, here we are.

EDIT:Guys, remember that 2012 April Fools joke?: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/bw077-bw086-episode-titles-revealed-april-fools-129520/#post3888339

BW086: Satoshi VS Sakaki! Pikachu VS Persian!!

Wow....

As the person who posted said joke, the fact this is actually happening just ten episodes later blows my mind. I thought of that title as the most unbelievably believable thing that could come out. And now, here we are.

Truly, Arceus works in mysterious ways... :eek:

Wait, what? Has it been confirmed that BW will end in 2013? Must've missed it.

Not confirmed, but almost everyone's presuming that due apparent evidence (mainly that the hidden/event pokes have all been revealed and are being distributed, thus signaling Gen 5's apparent imminent end)

How in the world can taking control of all three of the kamis in Therian Form just be the beginning? Are they trying to get the attention of a much better target? (Reshi and Zek? Kyurem?)

They could go after ALL the Legendaries (or at least as many as possible)! :evil:

Hey, it's the 15 Anniversary and it would make the ultamite plot!
(just saying)

AND YOU MEAN PERSIAN'S ACTUALLY GOING TO DO SOMETHING?!?! :eek:

Last edited:
They're not leaving tha anime. Before I was like 90% sure, but now after I learned that Banprest is going to put new Rocket figures on sale in 2013, I'm 100% sure. I mean, they wouldn't do that for characters that would be no longer on the show, right?

Where did you find that information? The only thing I can find is this 一番くじ | 一番くじきゅんキャラわーるど ポケットモンスター -キャラホビ2012限定バージョン- , but I don't think it has anything to do with 2013. It's not that I don't believe you (because I believe!), but could you please share your source?

Why is Cynthia apparently still here? I didn't like her in the games or the D/P anime. She came across as way too powerful, not helped by her superpowerful Pokemon. :\ I know she came back in the B/W games (which also irks me), but still...

Why is Cynthia apparently still here? I didn't like her in the games or the D/P anime. She came across as way too powerful, not helped by her superpowerful Pokemon. :\ I know she came back in the B/W games (which also irks me), but still...

They are still at Her villa, so she would need to appear unless she says otherwise... I personally didnt watch DP but from what Ive seen of her in the small time in Unova, she isnt annoying, shes a good (yes strong) character. I think its good they are introducing old recurring characters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom