• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple

You'd think they'd just use the ruins, but I guess the writers prefer a temple.

Note: Undersea Temple is similar to the Abyssal Ruins' Japanese name. The key difference is "Temple" instead of "Ruins".

Yet, like the Celestial Tower, they aren't using it for some reason.

Whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if this IS an episode involving Manaphy, to be honest.

We haven't had a random Legendary episode in all of Isshu, whereas Sinnoh was filled with them.

Considering this is the place the Rockets investigated last month, it's obviously the start of the big Rocket episodes.

I was about to ask is this the episode we were seeing in the preview? The next ep might bring back the Kami trio legends.

Note: Undersea Temple is similar to the Abyssal Ruins' Japanese name. The key difference is "Temple" instead of "Ruins".

Whatever.
They replaced Celestial Tower with Mistralton Tower due to the former being a cemetery. For the same reason, Lavender Town was heavily abridged in the anime, and Mt. Pyre and the Lost Tower were skipped. In this case, the writers probably don't want to bother with the Abyssal Ruins' history (which is a mess even in the games), including but not limited to the grave of an ancient king.

I was about to ask is this the episode we were seeing in the preview? The next ep might bring back the Kami trio legends.
Obviously, but most of the preview is probably from the next episode, or possibly the one after that.

Last edited:

The ordering of the episodes seems odd here - I'd have thought that Marlon would have a bit of an involvement with an episode about an undersea temple, but there's that nursery school filler in between the two. I wonder how they will go about engineering the reason for Ash going down there, something that would be far easier to do if they had Marlon there to take them down to sightsee. I suppose that's needed to avoid having him there for the Team Rocket episodes, but it still seems odd to go undersea two episodes after a water Gym.

Since we're going underwater, can Palpitoad and Stunfisk finally get some screen time together again?

The ordering of the episodes seems odd here - I'd have thought that Marlon would have a bit of an involvement with an episode about an undersea temple, but there's that nursery school filler in between the two. I wonder how they will go about engineering the reason for Ash going down there, something that would be far easier to do if they had Marlon there to take them down to sightsee. I suppose that's needed to avoid having him there for the Team Rocket episodes, but it still seems odd to go undersea two episodes after a water Gym.
It's not as if Marlon helps the player in the games with much of anything; he even expresses a clear philosophy about not getting involved. I would think that Team Rocket would kidnap Meloetta, leading Ash and co. to follow them to the temple.

Wonder if Manaphy will stop by from the temple down the road?

Though it would be kinda neat if Walker, Pokemon Ranger, showed up to help.

Whatever.
They replaced Celestial Tower with Mistralton Tower due to the former being a cemetery. For the same reason, Lavender Town was heavily abridged in the anime, and Mt. Pyre and the Lost Tower were skipped. In this case, the writers probably don't want to bother with the Abyssal Ruins' history (which is a mess even in the games), including but not limited to the grave of an ancient king.

Thank you. Everyone needs to remember that the Pokemon creative staff are the most spineless people in the entire anime industry (outside of 4Kids (inrony!)).

Last edited:

Since we're going underwater, can Palpitoad and Stunfisk finally get some screen time together again?

Stunfisk having a role in somthing important? That's almost unheard of.
Palpitoad having a role? That's even rarer.

I think they've lost out by not focusing on their relationship, we'll probaly get to see Oshawott and Samurott/Mantine if the new rival is sticking around.

We have no idea who's in this episode aside from the regular cast and Rockets.

Hey, him being in the opening over Pansage has to mean SOMETHING, right?

Hey, him being in the opening over Pansage has to mean SOMETHING, right?

I sure hope so, it was nice seeing Stunfisk in the Kami trio special so I'll hope to see him here.

Whatever.

Thank you. Everyone needs to remember that the Pokemon creative staff are the most spineless people in the entire anime industry (outside of 4Kids (inrony!)).

which is odd,since they were able to get away with an episode that had Hunter J getting killed by Mesprit and Uxie.

Whatever.

which is odd,since they were able to get away with an episode that had Hunter J getting killed by Mesprit and Uxie.

And even then they left it rather ambiqious (some fans insist she survived). And in DP they were a little bolder than how they are now. Heck, the Team Plasma two parter looked like it would've taken risks (what happened to Pierce...), then the earthqauke happened and now they're back to being the Safest anime around :-|

BW96_BW97.png

New poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom