• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised to not see Cynthia here, I guess she won't appear until the second epiosde.

Dayumn, Larry is hawt. Best CoTD ever.
He's mine.

Oh crap, I totally forgot Cynthia's supposed to be here. Don't get me wrong, she's great. But with Meloetta and Giovanni and the Kami Trio, she doesn't seem that important. But she knows about ancient languages and relics, maybe Unovan undersea temples will fall under her area of expertise?

I'm surprised to not see Cynthia here, I guess she won't appear until the second epiosde.

He's mine.

Oh crap, I totally forgot Cynthia's supposed to be here. Don't get me wrong, she's great. But with Meloetta and Giovanni and the Kami Trio, she doesn't seem that important. But she knows about ancient languages and relics, maybe Unovan undersea temples will fall under her area of expertise?

Well, GEE! Couldn't like... Larry do that too?

Oh...

- Meloetta in a cross
- Ash and Cilan will CROSSdress

That suddenly crossed my mind.

He's mine.

Well, GEE! Couldn't like... Larry do that too?
Cynthia can study all those old words and artifacts while Larry can just give Meloetta-related exposition and look pretty. No need to have Cynthia forget one of her more interesting skills.

Honestly the preview to the Plasma eps looked far more exciting...

She (and her butler) are listed in the credits. I guess they just have a very small role or don't appear until the end of this episode.

Oh look... Meloetta's dying for our sins. Best news of the day: No sightings of Meloetta past this arc. :D

Looks well animated and action packed, yeah... that's about all I have to say. Not really into Team Rocket, and I can't stand Meloetta so this arc is still leaving me cold.

It's not like this is the first Rhydon we've seen in years... it'll be the same as all the other times he's faced it.

Pikachu riding on Unfezant during a storm?

I don't like where this is going...

solrock08.jpg

I see your Thunder Armour and raise you something equally mysterious:

pikaridingpidgeotto_zps55581531.jpg

I'm still amazed as to how little screentime TR's BW Pokemon have gotten this saga.

To think of how much we always saw Arbok/Weezing, and then Seviper/Cacnea/Dustox and Carnivine....and then these two in comparison are barely seen. Even less than Mime Jr and Chimecho...and that's saying something.

Yes, Pikachu does looks like he's getting prepared to throw down on Rhydon and Golem here-

IF9Wb.jpg
But don't fret as electric attacks not working on Ground-types is fully acknowledge, unlike back in the Kanto series.

First Team Rocket mission 2-parter I've been looking forward to since the postponed Team Rocket v.s Team Plasma arc and the Battle Subway arc. The ones after it were lacklustre for my taste. Hoping the hype that this got will be worth it.

Last edited:
Despite the unfortunate implications people are giving about this episode, I'm still really seeing some hope in these episodes, even if they weren't as good as the previews for the what could have been awesome Plasma episodes, man do I still hope Team Plasma makes an appearance in the future.

I am going to laugh if Persian is stopped by Snivy's Attract.

EDIT: Do you think Butch and Cassidy will get a send-off too?

Last edited:
I have to say that my interest in this arc has increased ten-fold because of the return of Giovanni's Rhydon and Golem in the preview, not to mention Persian's apparent battle debut. Some nice continuity already guaranteed for this episode then. Hopefully the writers give us some more nods to Ash's history with Team Rocket to go in line with this being Ash and Giovanni's first real face to face encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom