• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW99: The Tag Battle of the Sky and the Earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they will do something like putting a Palitoad and Stunfish in the battle together

Last edited:
Why does this episode seem familiar...oh yeah, THIS WAS DONE IN DP!

I seriously won't watch this episode at all because of the copy-paste episode.

Not too surprising as Ash and Cilan were in all previous tag battles...seriously he basically replaced Dawn in them.

In hope it is Palpitoad being used. It would be his first appearance outside of being captured and official battles (if you can call the tourney battles that) and it would be a good time to FINALLY give him some new god damn moves.

I'm a bit disappointed.

I was really hoping that we'd finally get a chance to see Iris do some Tag battling, as Dento already participated in Tag battles twice, but it does indeed seem like he's the new Dawn in that way. Counting with this one, hasn't he had more Tag battles with Ash than she had with him? (excluding the one from the movie)

So it's Ash/Cilan again...I would have liked to see them mix it up with Ash/Iris (as long as they didn't go the argue roue) or Iris/Cilan, but oh well.

So will Unfezant and Stunfisk be used here to reflect the sky and earth theme? That is the only possible combination.

So will Unfezant and Stunfisk be used here to reflect the sky and earth theme? That is the only possible combination.

Come to think of it, Stunfisk is the only Pokemon that hasn't been in a tag battle with Ash. Cilan doesn't have any flying-types, so yes, Ash will use his Unfezant and Cilan will use his Stunfisk in this battle.

Unfezant has been getting a decent amount of screen time recently. The Team Rocket Two-parter and now this. She'll inevitably battle in the League as well.

EDIT: Actually Cilan is using Pansage:

wwwdotuporg3438487_zpsdc58ca2a.jpg

Bottom right. See the Bullet Seeds?

I'm now thinking that Palpitoad is going to be Ash's choice since the October calendar showcased Palpitoad.

Last edited:
I really do hope that this episode fits with the calendar and features Palpitoad. When was the last time Palpitoad has been used in a tag battle? Never.

I am disappointed that Cilan is using Pansage, though. This could have been the one moment where we see Palpitoad and Stunfisk interact with one another after they were caught together back in BW032, but no the writers would rather have him use his Pansage again.

Actually they did this first in the Subway episodes.

Ryan and Bryan from DP029 were twins, and Ash had a double battle with one of the twins in AG014.

The writers never pass up on cliche plot points, do they.

Last edited:
I am disappointed that Cilan is using Pansage, though. This could have been the one moment where we have seen Palpitoad and Stunfisk interact with one another after they got caught together back in BW032, but no the writers would rather have him use his Pansage again.

I could not agree more. I like Yanappu, but this really could have given a good win to Maggyo and really treated Gamagaru as something other than just a soulless battling machine. As for the twins, yeah, it's kinda formulaic, but hey, if Dent's and Satoshi are entertaining and the battle is good, I really couldn't care less. Glad to see Wargle, couldn't really be less enthused by Mogurew. I really liked both previous Satoshi/Dent tag battle episodes so I'm looking forward to this one.

now if they play the song "Red Solo Cup" during the battle in this episode then i will actually have an intrest in this episode

At first the only thing I was interested in seeing from this episode was Wargle (who's one of my favourite Isshu region Pokémon). Now that I find out it is Satoshi and Dent teaming up for the tag battle I'm looking forward to it even more.

I don't care if they're tag battling together yet again, the two work so well. I will never tire of it. Maybe those boys will give Dent and Satoshi a hard time, then followed by training after a loss to match up to their skills and then a rematch.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't like the previous Bullshit Tag Battle where Cilan single-handedly took down two Pokemon while Ash get his butt kick !

I'm a bit disappointed.

I was really hoping that we'd finally get a chance to see Iris do some Tag battling, as Dento already participated in Tag battles twice, but it does indeed seem like he's the new Dawn in that way. Counting with this one, hasn't he had more Tag battles with Ash than she had with him? (excluding the one from the movie)

That's because he was always a bit more active than her in battling. But whenever there is dragons involved, then she steps up. But I like that the second main boy is active compared to how little Brock was. It's a nice change of pace.

I'm a bit disappointed.

That's because he was always a bit more active than her in battling. But whenever there is dragons involved, then she steps up. But I like that the second main boy is active compared to how little Brock was. It's a nice change of pace.

That doesn't mean that Iris shouldn't be given a chance to participate in a Tag battle too, if there's anything that'd be a nice change of pace it'd be seeing her do it instead of either Dento or Ash.

True but that's not what's happening here and you know it. Iris is already getting two episodes to herself. She will be battling in one of them, so she will be fine as far as battles goes. Iris and Ash don't get along well enough for a tag battle yet.

True but that's not what's happening here and you know it.

Which is why I'm displeased.

Iris is already getting two episodes to herself. She will be battling in one of them, so she will be fine as far as battles goes.

Even so, seeing Iris participate in a Tag battle would be something new that the writers would bring forth, but as she gets lots of episodes otherwise I guess it's only fair for Cilan/Ash to get this battle instead. Still hoping that we'll see her participate in one in the future.

Iris and Ash don't get along well enough for a tag battle yet.

What? Of course they do. It's obvious that they'll encounter some ''problems'' once battling together (if they will, that is), but that's exactly what they're supposed to work out in the episode they battle together in. It's not like they are arguing or anything and which they'll have to solve.

It will be interesting to see Braviary in battle, but this is the only reason I have an interest with the episode! I think it will be kinda boring! It would be more interesting if they use Braviary and Mandibuzz against Unfezant and Excadrill! Now it will be Braviary and Drilbur VS Pansage and Pikachu -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom