• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BWS01: Dent and Takeshi! Gyarados's Imperial Rage!!

did the episode preview say we are seeing Pokemon episode 1 special next week? if so, wonder if the HD version

Disappointed that Cilan didn't catch Gyarados, but it was great to see Pansage learn Grasswhistle :)

That female Pikachu was so cute, nice to see a real female in the anime for the first time. :-D

I liked the interactions between Cilan and Brock. Overall it wasn't too bad of an episode.

Shame Cilan didn't get that Gyarados.

Tiss, is a Shame that Cilan did NOT Get the Gyarados, it would have been Cool.

Brock's Appearence was Ok, he did do Much as much as I saw but I Could be Wrong.

WOW, Pansage DID Learn Grasswhistle How COOL, another Egg Move that the Grass Monkey has Learned.

The RETURN OF Toxic Mouth WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We put a real female Pika in the anime. Not Ash's Pika in disguise, not a commercial. A real female Pika. Now stop badgering us!

Anyway, did it sound any different? I wouldn't think it would, but I'm curious.

Good episode... Hope it airs in the Dub for the first time since Chronicles...

Anyway, Doctor Brock and Connoisseur Cilan were good as always. Great to see Brock again.

Meh, it was okay I guess. It was nice seeing Takeshi again and liked the fact that a female Pikachu debuted. Didn't really care about the rest of the episode and it was a real bummer Dent didn't catch the Gyarados.

Yanappu having Grass Flute out of nowhere is...errr...oh wait we never see it learning new moves on screen. Never mind.

Would've probably liked the episode better if it was combined with the Iris episode. Oh well.

This Episode was Good, and Brock was Surprisingly NOT WASTED which I was Hoping for and this was good I Enjoyed it

Brock and Cilan together were Good I Wish they could do this Again.

Croagunk AKA Toxic Mouth was GREAT AND I ENJOYED SEEING HIM AGAIN.

First all four Origin episodes and now this within a day? We're getting spoiled, for sure. : D

Nothing extraordinary plot or development-wise, but it was cool seeing Brock and Dent interact. If they have the BW gang on screen again I like the concept of having them meet older characters instead of a p/cotd special that doesn't lead anywhere. Definitely a nice farewell to Dent instead of tossing him on the island Haruka and Masato seem to be stuck on.

Aw, I thought it was a cute episode. I loved it how they both kept thinking of Satoshi. And I was so happy to see Guregguru again :D To be honest, I couldn't have cared less about the Gyarados, but I thought Takeshi's and Dent's interactions were adorable.

This special was very enjoyable to me. I loved Brock and Cilan interactions with former impassionate and wise personality accompanied with Cilan flamboyant nature meshing very well. Seeing Cilan managing to rile or catch Gyarados in net for three times was hilarious and Pansage put up pretty good fight, but unfortunately ferocious blue snake was too much of a bite for him to handle at that time.

And it was nice to see Brock utilizing his acquired knowledge as learning doctor in taking care of Cilan Pansage having some nice bonding moments there together filled with humor and vivid tantrums. That poison jab with Croagunk never gets old and this episode just made me realize how i miss Brock being great character when given chance to shine. It was pleasant to see some of old habits never changing trying to play on "charm card" in seducing nurse Joy, and that moment on climbing on Gyarados back spraying potion on it was to put it simply epic.

Doctor with a style.

What i liked the most was how writers organized screentime and encounter between former Ash travel companions in way so that no one is overshadowed finding way through which both could play role in story and be valuable part of it. Which was nice, because both Cilan and Brock worked as team in different ways while trying to find alternative in how to stop Gyarados and prevent further destruction. Managing to intercept Poacher and get him arrested along with calming gyarados and healing its wounds.

All in all it was great episode imo and even though its disappointing that Cilan didn't caught any new pokemon im sure there will be other chances for it.
Needless to say i would rather prefer that he gets some other pokemon(like maybe Relicant , Breloom or Lillipent)) instead of same one another Ash companion(Misty)has adding adding for diversity having each main character stand out. But thats just my opinion.

Im all for more specials made down the road with ex travel companions including them in new, exciting plots building on stoiries and enjoy in appeal and great dynamic they bring. This kind of pleasant surprises should happen more often imo.

Last edited:
I didn't like the fact that they never learn they were both Ash's friends... they kept teasing about it with them both being excited to see a Pikachu but then realize it's a different one and being all "of course there's no way he'd be here"... and their mutual "I used to cook for my friends"...
They didn't have to say it from the beginning, but I'd love them to finally introduce themselves in the end of the ep and then go like "wait... you're...!!" and end with that
Oh well, at least we finally got to see a female Pikachu in the anime... only took them about 8 years to do that

I didn't like the fact that they never learn they were both Ash's friends... they kept teasing about it with them both being excited to see a Pikachu but then realize it's a different one and being all "of course there's no way he'd be here"... and their mutual "I used to cook for my friends"...
They didn't have to say it from the beginning, but I'd love them to finally introduce themselves in the end of the ep and then go like "wait... you're...!!" and end with that
Oh well, at least we finally got to see a female Pikachu in the anime... only took them about 8 years to do that

I'm inclined to agree with this. It was a shame they didn't acknowledge each others ties to Ash.

Episode was okay. Nothing too fancy, but overall quite decent with some nice interactions and some action.

Yeah, it's about time they showed off a female Pikachu. XD

Also, what's going on with the Iris special? I get the feeling it's canned or something, since we don't know when it's airing or the title of it...

I Give this Episode an 8.8 I REALLY HAD A GOOD TIMW WITH IT.

Female Pikachu=FTW That thing was Cute.

I liked that they didn't learn they both were Ash's friends. There was no reason to, and even if Cilan has heard already about Brock, it would've feel somewhat akward.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom