• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BWS02: Iris VS Ibuki! The Road to Become a Dragon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW: Iris and Gible

Since this might be Iris's final episode, I wonder if Drayden's expectation of Iris succeeding him as the Opelucid City Gym Leader will be brought up at some point.

I hope Iris finally does something worthwhile about Axew's goal to evolve here.

Oh yay! A story about Iris and Dragon-types! We've barely seen that at all in this series!

:rolleyes:

Because Iris getting Gible for no reason without having even interacted with it or heard about it from Ash would make zero sense.

Sense?!

THIS! IS! BEST WISHES!!! :complain:

Iris getting Ash's Gible... ?

. . .

Nothing_2479d8_2822723.gif

Iris getting Ash's Gible... ?

. . .

Nothing_2479d8_2822723.gif
Yes, because obviously there is only one Gible in the entire Pokémon universe.

I'm not saying that Iris encountering a wild Gible is not a possibility, but that was just me and my response to the possibility of Iris getting Ash's Gible as what some others have been talking about earlier in this thread.

I so much doubt that Ash would just give his Gible away like that, so I definitely don't see it happening. Having his lose his only Dragon-type would also be quite the shame, even though it most likely would've evolved by the time Iris has a cameo in the XY series. :p

Gible is an awesome Pokémon, so another one being given to a main cast member is absolutely fine with me (even though she won't be a main cast member any longer by the time she gets it).

Sense?!

Aren't you overusing that statement like... a bit too much...?

I hope it's a random Gible, because why would Ash just randomly be like "haha oh yeah I forgot I have a Gible, and since you train dragons and we're friends and we've been traveling together, you can have it to remember me by!"

It's possible that he may think that Gible can do better with Iris since she specializes in dragons- but Ash worked very hard training him, it would have to be under very extreme circumstances for him to decide that.

Stranger things have happened, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless it was similar to the Charizard thing where they saw a random Gible and Ash was reminded of his own.

Please let it be a Wild Gible so that Iris can get it and not Ash's Gible that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO Epic to Me.

While I still think it may be Ash's Gible, I certainly don't think that Iris now owns it. Whatever happens, I hope she doesn't end up with one. I mean, first Dragonite and maybe a Gible? What's wrong with Deino or Druddigon!? Even Flygon would be fine since Trapinch is in BW2, but really?

Back to the Ash's Gible debate, I'm really 50/50 on the subject. Maybe she ended up going to Oak's with Ash and she took Gible out for a walk. Maybe it's a wild Gible in a cave she found in Johto. I have no clue, but all I know is that she certainly isn't going to end up owning Ash's Gible.

Iris is running away holding a Gible, that's why I can't see it being a wild one - Iris being able to perfectly tame a wild Gible in the space of a few minutes in an episode is a stretch even for her.

Perhaps this episode will be like the Deino episode, someone else's owned Gible with Iris just bonding with it and leaving it at the end.

Iris is running away holding a Gible, that's why I can't see it being a wild one - Iris being able to perfectly tame a wild Gible in the space of a few minutes in an episode is a stretch even for her.

Perhaps this episode will be like the Deino episode, someone else's owned Gible with Iris just bonding with it and leaving it at the end.

Considering the amount of slots left (19th sendoff, 26th Conclusion, October 3rd seems to be the specials), it seems Iris will only get one special. Meaning that the footage of Iris/Gible and Iris battling Clair is from the same episode. There might be a break on the 10th of October, to make way for the start of XY on the 17th.

So the only option, at least from what we can tell so far, is that she receives it from someone. Given there doesn't seem to be enough time for a capture/bond, and battle with Clair in one episode.

Last edited:

I'm not saying that Iris encountering a wild Gible is not a possibility, but that was just me and my response to the possibility of Iris getting Ash's Gible as what some others have been talking about earlier in this thread.

Oh yay! A story about Iris and Dragon-types! We've barely seen that at all in this series!

:rolleyes:

Because Iris getting Gible for no reason without having even interacted with it or heard about it from Ash would make zero sense.

Sense?!

Back to the Ash's Gible debate, I'm really 50/50 on the subject. Maybe she ended up going to Oak's with Ash and she took Gible out for a walk. Maybe it's a wild Gible in a cave she found in Johto. I have no clue, but all I know is that she certainly isn't going to end up owning Ash's Gible.

I hope it's a random Gible, because why would Ash just randomly be like "haha oh yeah I forgot I have a Gible, and since you train dragons and we're friends and we've been traveling together, you can have it to remember me by!"

It's possible that he may think that Gible can do better with Iris since she specializes in dragons- but Ash worked very hard training him, it would have to be under very extreme circumstances for him to decide that.

Stranger things have happened, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless it was similar to the Charizard thing where they saw a random Gible and Ash was reminded of his own.

tumblr_mryayt0Rio1rsrk2xo1_500.png

tumblr_mryayt0Rio1rsrk2xo2_500.png

It isn't his.
035.jpg

2.Satoshi's is significantly bigger, this one is smaller than Kibago.

There really isn't that big of a size difference. Axew and Ash's Gible are about the same size, and this Gible is only slightly smaller than Axew. I wouldn't really take sizes into account considering the Anime doesn't always do the best job of keep up with the same size.

There really isn't that big of a size difference. Axew and Ash's Gible are about the same size, and this Gible is only slightly smaller than Axew. I wouldn't really take sizes into account considering the Anime doesn't always do the best job of keep up with the same size.

Satoshi's is pretty big, the one Iris has is pretty diminutive. Pokemon in the past that have been younger have shown to be smaller, species height in-game isn't taken into account in that area. But, it's pretty obvious Iris's Kibago and Satoshi's Fukamaru are representatives of fully-grown Kibago( and Fukamaru(Same size as other members of their species that have appeared, Erina's and Kazunari's for example), while the one Iris is holding is meant to be younger. Meanwhile, it's been done before with Takeshi and Haruka's Water starters. Plus, again this Fukamaru doesn't have a derpy expression pasted on his face. Really surprised this info wasn't relayed here sooner, it's not too hard to picture that Satoshi doesn't have a monopoly on every species of Pokemon in the world. :pPP

I didn't realize how small the Gible in Iris' arms is compared to Ash's before. I still can't see Ash giving away his Gible to Iris. He would only do that if he felt like it would be best for Gible, but seeing if it clicked with Iris before making it final, similar to how they handled the Buizel and Aipom trade, would make more sense than just transferring it over to her without the two of them ever meeting. Besides that, I don't think that there would be any reason for him to give Iris a Gible. She could just capture one herself or help out a random wild one, although the later might not be as likely. I imagine that the goal for Axew to evolve won't be mentioned or at least not get more than a passing line at best.

This episode will end like yugioh GX and will include deleted scenes.

Iris challenges clair.
They fight.
No conclusion only fading into white
*scene not shown because it would be embarassing*
Iris loses and starts crying
Clair tells her she is weak.
Iris punches clair, runs in the back, steals a gible and runs
*returns*
Iris is holding gible and as she goes on her journey sees rayquaza who gives her a thumbs up before leaving.

Aw, Ash's giving away another good Pokémon for a change. ): There must be some law in Japan which says he can't have any strong badass pokémon besides Charizard.

I do not understand why everyone who believes that this is Ashs Gible thinks that Ash is going to give Iris it. And then we really have no clues about wether this is Ashs Gible or a wild Gible. Oak may have sent Gible to Ash because of that Ash needs it or just want to meet it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom