• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BWS2DA!E18 - Dent VS the Ice Challenger! The Crisis of Sanyou Gym!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BWS2DA!E18 - Pansage

You do realize that the simplest explanation is that the trainer ambushes Cilan as soon as he returns to the gym, right?
So, they have barely covered all the islands with the ship and now Cilan is going to make it back to Striaton in span of one episode for a mere challenger whose wish is to defeat all three gym leaders? You wouldn't call that ridiculous?

So, they have barely covered all the islands with the ship
As far as we know, the last island will be covered in the Emolga episode. The poster didn't show any more islands.

and now Cilan is going to make it back to Striaton in span of one episode for a mere challenger whose wish is to defeat all three gym leaders? You wouldn't call that ridiculous?
The episode title refers to a crisis in the gym, which implies that Cress and Chili are having difficulties. It is very possible that they've been on a losing streak and that this match will decide the fate of the gym. We've seen very similar scenarios with Brock (twice) and Misty.

Last edited:

As far as we know, the last island will be covered in the Emolga episode. The poster didn't show any more islands.
Fair enough, that is very well possible.

The episode title refers to a crisis in the gym, which implies that Cress and Chili are having difficulties. It is very possible that they've been on a losing streak and that this match will decide the fate of the gym. We've seen very similar scenarios with Brock and Misty.
I don't know, I'm finding it hard to believe. It says that the gym is in crisis, though the gym depends from the gym leaders, the place of the battle doesn't really matter now does it? But yeah, I guess if the last island is covered in the Emolga episode, then there is a possibility that they could be going back to Striaton.

I don't know, I'm finding it hard to believe. It says that the gym is in crisis, though the gym depends from the gym leaders, the place of the battle doesn't really matter now does it?
But it does matter. As we saw in Sinnoh, a battle with a gym leader has no bearing unless it takes place in the respective gym. I don't see how how Cilan could solve his brothers' crisis unless he returned to the gym.

I don't know, I'm finding it hard to believe. It says that the gym is in crisis, though the gym depends from the gym leaders, the place of the battle doesn't really matter now does it?
But it does matter. As we saw in Sinnoh, a battle with a gym leader has no bearing unless it takes place in the respective gym. I don't see how how Cilan could solve his brothers' crisis unless he returned to the gym.
And what is the crisis about anyway? Did they have too many losing streaks?

And what is the crisis about anyway? Did they have too many losing streaks?
Quite possibly. We know that Chili had that problem, and even if Cress is doing better, the two of them may not get along if Chili still finds Cress arrogant. The Pokémon Inspection Agency are very particular; Nurse Joy wanted to shut down Pewter Gym just because Brock lost to her and she didn't consider Forrest to be the official leader.

This is a rather intriguing title indeed. It's strange that Dento would be dragged back to Unova from Decolora on such short notice, before even reaching Kanto I believe, which he did wish to go to, but the "crisis" part makes me wonder did Dento get a worried call from his brothers and in the decision that it was an emergency, arrive back home to find this?
What could the CoTD desire, though, they also don't seem the type to take on a dojo challenge, whatever that holds. Is it against Dento personally or about the state of Sanyo Gym itself, whatever that may be?

It does seem rather likely that he will remain, however, his goal could be hindered more at home if he returns to being a full-time Gym Leader, since he seems to like to travel in order to gain more knowledge and that was why he kept onto being Ash's companion even to venture to Kanto. It wasn't too passionate, though, so, and he could easily leave now just to re-appear again when matters have been sorted out.

It does seem rather likely that he will remain,
Remain for what? The XY series? I don't see why that is so likely. As for Kanto, there isn't any time for an adventure there because the writers stretched out the Decolora portion.

... could it possibly be Cabernet/Burgundy? Or someone else Dent has "wronged" in some way in the past as a Gym Leader?

In DP, the specials aired after BW started because there's no time to do anything of this. In BW, we will have enough time. And because Decolora is not a saga that should be dragged and more than possibly because the writers will try to evade a DP situation (the episodes not being dubbed) they are doing the specials of Iris and Cilan as normal episodes.

What the episode hints if that the episode will be a Cilan special but the episode is inside Da! which means that Ahsh has to be in the episode. In episode 18, this could e done by making the departure at the start of episode 18.

Da 19 ios probably a semi-filler with Lapras (sea pokemon) where Ash and Alexa will go to Kanto.

And Da 20 is the Iris special. Zekrom is the Dare da? because Axew, Excadrill, Emolga, Dragonite, Haxorus, Druddigon, Zweilopus, Hydreigon, Beartic, Bisharp, Vanilluxe and Reshiram are already taken. they are using the Zekrom because the statue. (Like Tyranitar in BW82).

Da 21 will probably exist, it would air on 3/10 and it will be the episode where Ash will go to Kalos with Alexa with possile unknown plots.

To me, something says that when the writers are doing an statements about something apparently normal in every summary, they could be something that won't happen.
-Summary:pikachu is not going to use in Nimbasa Gym
-Episode: Piakchu is used and id the entire star of the episode.
-Summary: The full battle of the league is a 6vs6 (they didn't say the number of pokemon in any episode but in this one)
-Episode: It was a 6-5 because Cameron forgot a 6th Pokemon ecause Cameron believed athat a full battle has 5 Pokemon.
-Summary: Ash and friends are going to Kanto via Decolora Islands.
-Epsiode: Ash is going to Kanto with Alexa. Iris and Cilan will leave just before going to Kanto.

they are using the Zekrom because the statue.
It doesn't have to be the statue. I know that a lot of fans are under the impression that Zekrom has a "bond" with Ash, but Iris was the one who actually showed interest in it. Ash's dream is also telling.

I think that the Zekrom episode should be about Drayden and Clair deciding Iris' future. Why should that happen off-screen?

It's not merely fan perception, it's fact that Satoshi/Ash is meant to be the one representing Zekrom and therefore Ideals to contrast N and Reshiram's Truth.

As shown in this scene here! And here too.

But yes, Zekrom's more closely tied to Iris' storyline in terms of Best Wishes! as a whole, since Zekrom is who Iris took an interest in in the very beginning... without seeing that thunder cloud, she wouldn't have met Satoshi! She's also the one who reminded Satoshi of the Light Stone and the Legends in Episode N...

Remain for what? The XY series? I don't see why that is so likely. As for Kanto, there isn't any time for an adventure there because the writers stretched out the Decolora portion.

Neither, I was referring to him remaining at Striaton City.

I think that a CotD following Cilan all the way to the Decolora Islands would be pretty ridiculous, especially if said character already got a badge from Cress and Chili.
Yeah, it's not like Pokémon had ridiculous things happen before.

The title of this episode is: "Sanyou Gym Crisis! Ambush Dent through Dojo Challenge!!" It makes more sense if the trainer already knows where Cilan is heading and is hidden awaiting his appearance. The trainer then ambushes Cilan and challenges him to this challenge.

It seems pretty weird for the title to include "Sanyou Gym" if this person will ambush Cilan in the Decolora Islands. Of course, I know that doesn't preclude the plot from being about the gym, but still.

I actually wouldn't mind this being a special episode set after Cilan returns home like everyone is speculating.

they are using the Zekrom because the statue.
It doesn't have to be the statue. I know that a lot of fans are under the impression that Zekrom has a "bond" with Ash, but Iris was the one who actually showed interest in it. Ash's dream is also telling.

I think that the Zekrom episode should be about Drayden and Clair deciding Iris' future. Why should that happen off-screen?

It's not merely fan perception, it's fact that Satoshi/Ash is meant to be the one representing Zekrom and therefore Ideals to contrast N and Reshiram's Truth.

As shown in this scene here! And here too.

But yes, Zekrom's more closely tied to Iris' storyline in terms of Best Wishes! as a whole, since Zekrom is who Iris took an interest in in the very beginning... without seeing that thunder cloud, she wouldn't have met Satoshi! She's also the one who reminded Satoshi of the Light Stone and the Legends in Episode N...

If the supposed Zekrom appearance is just a statue, I'll be pretty happy. Both dragons had really lackluster appearances and I don't want to see either one again. If it's just a cameo of a real Zekrom or something, that sounds better.

Only because this probably will be about Cilans Pansage we do not have to think of evolution(even if I would like Cilan to have a Simisage). We have countless of Axew/Scraggy/Oshawott fillers and no evos. This will most likely be a filler that is about Pansage doing something.

Name of the episode is:

Dent VS the Ice Challenger! The Crisis of Sanyou Gym!!

Weird, wonder what this is all about. So Cilan won't be going to Kanto after all.

Name of the episode is:

Dent VS the Ice Challenger! The Crisis of Sanyou Gym!!

Weird, wonder what this is all about. So Cilan won't be going to Kanto after all.
Who knows Man, we will find out eventually I think when it airs Ok.

I find it kind of weird that the title implies a focus on the Striaton Gym. That would mean that the series temporally switches back to Unova, but I don't see how Ash would return to Unova. Maybe Cilan will, but then this will be a Cilan focused episode, almost without Ash?

Or Ash will travel back with him to Striaton and afterwards take a plane back to Kanto, but that would be lame, and I'm probably speculating too much now.

How is Cilan supposed to be in Striaton City? He is in Decolora now. So maybe he departured already?

This screenshot makes it looks like Chili and Cress will be on the open seas with Ash and friends. That's weird. So this person everyone is worried about went all the way to the islands as well I presume?

I guess it's not much of a surprise an ice-type user would be a challenge for Chili *ba dum tss*

If Cilan battles him with Pansage, I can't wait to see another inspiring tale of one of our heroes overcoming a harrowing type disadvantage :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom