• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BWS2DA!E18 - Dent VS the Ice Challenger! The Crisis of Sanyou Gym!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BWS2DA!E18 - Pansage

On the screenshots you can see Chili and Cress standing together with Ash, Cilan and Iris. So are everyone going back to Unova or is it only Cilan who goes?

I don't get why people think this ep will be in Unova... we even have this screenshot now that seems to features Chili and Cress with Ash and the group on the ship that's sailing around the islands... they probably made their way there to find Cilan to deal with whatever "crisis" the Gym is in right now (which is probably related to that COTD who will challenge Cilan)
This screenshot also disproves the weird idea that went around that Iris would leave in the Emolga/TRio ep, since she's clearly still with Ash and Cilan traveling the islands... there's still at least 2 if not 3 or 4 eps after this... Iris and Cilan will probably only leave in the last ep or one ep before... if anything, this ep could serve as giving Cilan a reason to decide going back to the Gym eventually, but I can't see this happening in this ep
Of course I could be wrong and the BW series made some weird decisions before, but it just seems awkward to me how everyone is talking almost as if it's fact that this ep is in Unova or how people believed this will be an Ash-less thing about Cilan being at the Gym (which is clearly not the case now that we have this screenshot)

This screenshot makes it looks like Chili and Cress will be on the open seas with Ash and friends. That's weird. So this person everyone is worried about went all the way to the islands as well I presume?

I guess it's not much of a surprise an ice-type user would be a challenge for Chili *ba dum tss*

If Cilan battles him with Pansage, I can't wait to see another inspiring tale of one of our heroes overcoming a harrowing type disadvantage :rolleyes:

That's what I don't get either. Why Pansage when Stunfish could have been used for this? I would never use a grass type against an ice. Why aren't the trainers thinking in BW anymore yet Ash gets scolded whenever his type disadvantages don't work?

Also another thing is, is this going to be Cilan't episode or what? Because if it is, then why do they always find dumb ways for the gym leader companions to leave especially when it comes to their familes and their caring for the gym? Can't they handle the problem without Cilan so that Cilan can go somewhere other than back from where he came?

So, the crisis at Striaton Gym is so bad they have to leave Striaton all together to track down Cilan in the Decelore Islands for this guy to fight him.

Seems legit

I don't get why people think this ep will be in Unova... we even have this screenshot now that seems to features Chili and Cress with Ash and the group on the ship that's sailing around the islands... they probably made their way there to find Cilan to deal with whatever "crisis" the Gym is in right now (which is probably related to that COTD who will challenge Cilan)
This screenshot also disproves the weird idea that went around that Iris would leave in the Emolga/TRio ep, since she's clearly still with Ash and Cilan traveling the islands... there's still at least 2 if not 3 or 4 eps after this... Iris and Cilan will probably only leave in the last ep or one ep before... if anything, this ep could serve as giving Cilan a reason to decide going back to the Gym eventually, but I can't see this happening in this ep
Of course I could be wrong and the BW series made some weird decisions before, but it just seems awkward to me how everyone is talking almost as if it's fact that this ep is in Unova or how people believed this will be an Ash-less thing about Cilan being at the Gym (which is clearly not the case now that we have this screenshot)

I know titles aren't indicative of much, but it's not crazy to expect an episode with the name of a gym in its title to take place at said gym. I think this'd be the 1st time an episode gym doesn't actually take place at that gym, but I could be forgetting examples.

So, the crisis at Striaton Gym is so bad they have to leave Striaton all together to track down Cilan in the Decelore Islands for this guy to fight him.

Seems legit

This. I find the idea of Chili + Cress trekking out to the middle of the Decolora Archipelago just to find Cilan ridicolous, but there is precedent for stuff like this. Kind of.

I hadn't seen the image belonging to this episode yet first. While the image shows Cress and Chili with the others with the sea as the background, implying they come to the Decolore Islands, this still doesn't explain to me how this will have anything to do with the Gym in Striaton City.

So apparently there is a challenger who battles with Ice-types and Cilan has to battle him/her, and apparently this challenger has created some crisis for the Gym, implying he/she has defeated Chili and Cress already (don't see how that would be a crisis, but anyway). Seeing how the Cilan vs. Ice challenger thing is in the title of the episode, this battle will be shown, but I presume then that the challenger comes to the Decolore Islands too like Chili and Cress to challenge Cilan (maybe he/she wants to battle all three brothers, like Ash?) and will battle Cilan aboard the boat/on an island? Don't see how that would be an official Gym battle outside of the Gym though.

Or the first half of the episode will focus on Chili and Cress visiting Cilan, explaining the situation to him and asking him to come with him. He will then say goodbye to Ash and Iris (that would be rushed and lame imo though), travels back with his brothers to Striaton and the second half of the episode will then focus on Cilan battling the challenger in the Gym.

Either way sounds weird to me, but these are the scenarios that seem sort of plausible to me now though. Can't wait for more info.

Last edited:
I'm happy Cilan will be getting some focus!! Can't wait to hear more about this episode!

Rushed or not, this episode would be perfect for Cilan to leave Ash and Iris and then return in the XY anime (If he returns). After this episode they will probably air 2 or 3 episodes and end the BW series.

if the last 2-3 episodes are in Pallet Town, Tracey or Oak could easily substitute Cilan.

I wonder which ice pokemon this COTD will use.

Seems legit

The Decolora Islands aren't that far from Unova.

My bets on Beartic if anything.

This ep doesn't need Dento or pansage at all. It should have been about chili.

I guess Cress gets his fair share! I'm amusing Cress will be jealous of the Ice gym leader (He tough but maybe he's tougher than him). I will love that episode but I will be sad at the same time (Cilan's probably leaving). That might be. I just hope he stays. My friend has been wishing to see shirtless Cilan one last time (I wish that too). But we get to learn about Cilan's past or maybe we get to meet who raised Cilan and his brothers (their parents or somebody else).

Sad how Dento finally gets his time to shine and its before he has to leave, now I know for sure he's going with his brothers coming back, enter epic foreshadowing of Dento leaving, talk about a rushed ending :/

I thought he was popular in Japan too, I am confused.

nb4 the CotD uses a Cryogonal!!1 You know what they say, 3 heads are better than 2! Oh wait...

It's really strange that Cress and Chili traveled ALL the way to the Decolora Islands to warn Cilan of this CotD, instead of video-calling him. It's nice to see them in the flesh after all that time at least, especially Cress since he never got a separate focus episode like Chili.

Sad how Dento finally gets his time to shine and its before he has to leave, now I know for sure he's going with his brothers coming back, enter epic foreshadowing of Dento leaving, talk about a rushed ending :/
I thought he was popular in Japan too, I am confused.
Why is this surprising? He has to leave the group sometime, somehow, and rushed leavings is the norm for this cartoon, sadly. Brock had the same thing happen at the very end of DP: "Oh, I suddenly want to be a Doctor." *shows off his c00l doctor skills in this penultimate episode* *leaves in last episode*.

Iris's ending will most likely be rushed as well.

Gosh I am so excited to see Beartic again, we've only seen Georgia's, Brycen's, those that lived on that mountain, the one near Undella town and the one in the sumo competition. Beartic has hardly been focused on so its defiantly the best ice type they could have chosen for this episode!!

I hope everybody can see, this is sarcasm.

Seriously we've only seen Cryogonal a few times and Vaniluxe once! Yet we still get Beartic which is amongst the Gen 5 Pokémon to have received the most focus?!
I actually really like Beartic but you can have to much of a good thing. :/

member.php

According to translation, she's using Abomasnow.

There's something very familiar about Drago's character design, but I can't put my finger on it...

I know I've seen that half-mask somewhere before :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom