• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BWS2DA!E18 - Dent VS the Ice Challenger! The Crisis of Sanyou Gym!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BWS2DA!E18 - Pansage

An early leave for Cilan perhaps? With Pansage showcased because it will be in a farewell battle Cilan will have with Ash? But then they would have to be in Pallet already. Or Cilan's going to leave in the Decolora Archipelago. But that wouldn't make sense.

Don't know why a Pansage other than Cilan's or even Cilan's Pansage would be showcased otherwise. Or it's going to evolve into Simisage in a similar fashion Brock's Happiny evolved at the end of DP...

Last edited:

Maybe it'll evolve, similar to Takeshi's Lucky.

I'd rather it not evolve. It's just going to feel rushed, unneeded, and pointless. The same as May's Blaziken.

Although it will probably be about Cilan's Pansage, which I guess is good since it does need some spotlight, but meh, I don't know. It depends how it all plays out.

I really hope it's not one of those "option to evolve" episodes. I really can't peg Pansage as wanting to evolve.

If Pansage is going to star here, hopefully it does something on its own.

Last edited:

I'd rather it not evolve. It's just going to feel rushed, unneeded, and pointless. The same as May's Blaziken.

Although it will probably be about Cilan's Pansage, which I guess is good since it does need some spotlight, but meh, I don't know. It depends how it all plays out.

It's fine that you don't want Cilan's Pansage to evolve, but assuming it does (for the sake of argument) why are you concluding that it'll be rushed? Because of precedent? If people are right about it evolving, we still know nothing else about the episode and how it's structured.

It's fine that you don't want Cilan's Pansage to evolve, but assuming it does (for the sake of argument) why are you concluding that it'll be rushed? Because of precedent? If people are right about it evolving, we still know nothing else about the episode and how it's structured.

Cilan's Pansage showed no indication of wanting to evolve, nor did Cilan show any indication of wanting Pansage to evolve either. With the last few few episodes of BW coming to an end, there really was no need for it to evolve. It's not like it's going to be shown several more times where its evolve-meant proved to be helpful/useful. The poor guy barely got development as is.

If Cilan just all of a sudden was like "Hey! Today I'm going to evolve my Pansage!" It would be coming out of the blue. Now, if Cilan continues to travel with Ash to Kalos, that's a different story, but assuming that he doesn't, I stand with my statement above.

I'm not talking about it whether or not it's necessary for it to evolve (I personally don't have much of an opinion either way), I'm only pointing at how you said it'd be "rushed" even though we know nothing about how the episode will be structured.

A lot of the evolutions in this particular series were super convenient mid-battle occurrences, but for the most part, I don't really think any of them were rushed.

I'm not talking about it whether or not it's necessary for it to evolve (I personally don't have much of an opinion either way), I'm only pointing at how you said it'd be "rushed" even though we know nothing about how the episode will be structured.

A lot of the evolutions in this particular series were super convenient mid-battle occurrences, but for the most part, I don't really think any of them were rushed.

Fair enough. I'll recant my saying that it will be rushed.

I'll get back to you after the episode airs.

Cilan never said anything about evolving Pansage before and Pansage never showed any signs of wanting to evolve. The subject of evolution on the green monkey was simply not touched upon up till now. If they're going to evolve him, they might actually have a good episode for him.

Either that, or it could be Pansage being in charge of the problem of the day.

Cilan owns a Simisage in B2/W2. Not to mention Simisage only had one small appearance in BW070. So I think it will and should evolve.

This episode takes place in Striation City? That's quite odd, considering the current setting of the anime and Iris/Cilan wanting to travel to Kanto with Ash.

The COTD's design looks rather interesting, to say the least.

Hmm...this is starting to line up with the rumor that this is possibly a Cilan feature after their departure from the main story. There would be no other way they could go to Striaton now.

I think that a CotD following Cilan all the way to the Decolora Islands would be pretty ridiculous, especially if said character already got a badge from Cress and Chili. Cilan returning home is the most reasonable explanation, even if the departure might seem abrupt. It is not as if he would get to do much if he stayed for the next two or three episodes, anyway.

The episode could also include a flashback of the departure from Cilan's perspective.

I think that a CotD following Cilan all the way to the Decolora Islands would be pretty ridiculous, especially if said character already got a badge from Cress and Chili.
Yeah, it's not like Pokémon had ridiculous things happen before.

The title of this episode is: "Sanyou Gym Crisis! Ambush Dent through Dojo Challenge!!" It makes more sense if the trainer already knows where Cilan is heading and is hidden awaiting his appearance. The trainer then ambushes Cilan and challenges him to this challenge.

Ya I'm calling Pansage learning Seed Bomb here at the very least and evolving at the very most. The anime tie in event says that Pansage will know Seed Bomb so it makes sense.

I do not know what will happen for this Episode

It makes more sense if the trainer already knows where Cilan is heading and is hidden awaiting his appearance. The trainer then ambushes Cilan and challenges him to this challenge.
You do realize that the simplest explanation is that the trainer ambushes Cilan as soon as he returns to the gym, right?

Yeah, it's not like Pokémon had ridiculous things happen before.
That's an excuse rather than a valid argument.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom