• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BWS2DA!E20 - My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I wonder what this episode will entail. The scan implies that Cilan meets Gyarados in the BW trio departure episode in which case I'm forced to make an assumption that Iris will get her Claire/Gible stuff in the BW trio departure episode too.

Either that, or Iris gets the first half of this episode and then the rest goes to Ash as he prepares leave for Kalos.

Indeed. I wonder what this episode will entail. The scan implies that Cilan meets Gyarados in the BW trio departure episode in which case I'm forced to make an assumption that Iris will get her Claire/Gible stuff in the BW trio departure episode too.

Either that, or Iris gets the first half of this episode and then the rest goes to Ash as he prepares leave for Kalos.

Or this:
I think, honestly, that the montage are clips of "Te o Tsunagou". When the ending of Da 19 and 20 plays, the short won't be relevant to promotion. And because the ending is a departure ending, they change the clips of it to the ones in the trailer (Iris and Gible, Rayuquaza, Cilan with a Gyarados, Cilan meeting Brock). Like the depasrture of Ash's rivals was in that ending.

I think that the only part that it will get his screentime is the Ash's part of the episode. The part that we know less.

What is happening is that the staff has been animated the series for starting the XY series in 3rd October. And because the staff did the Mewtwo special to air in TV Tokyo, they known that TV Tokyo will premier the Meloetta short later. The anime has to do something but it could be airing a rerun selected by viewers.

Last edited:
No double airing or a special? How lazy. It seems that pessimism is the only way to make accurate predictions about the anime.

Nymphia said:
What is happening is that the staff has been animated the series for starting the XY series in 3rd October.
Based on what? If anything it would be the 10th, since there is usually a one-week break between the end of a series and the start of its successor. Since OLM have some part in Origin's production (hopefully a minor one), maybe they were just too busy with that.

Last edited:
The title of this episode makes me feel, for the first time in this saga, that Ash is still serious about reaching his goal. Ironic really, given that this is the very last episode of Best Wishes.

It's obvious that at least part of the episode will take place at Oak's Lab due to Bulbasaur being featured, but it remains to be seen what else will occur. I reckon that Zekrom will appear in a short series of flashbacks as Ash looks back at his journey in Unova and Decolora, but the main bulk of the episode will probably focus on Ash reuniting with his old Pokemon and friends in Pallet Town while introducing his new captures to everyone. It would also be interesting to get a glimpse of what role TR will play in XY.

I hope that the episode's title is a sign of things to come in the next saga.

No double airing or a special? How lazy. It seems that pessimism is the only way to make accurate predictions about the anime.

Nymphia said:
What is happening is that the staff has been animated the series for starting the XY series in 3rd October.
Based on what? If anything it would be the 10th, since there is usually a one-week break between the end of a series and the start of its successor. Since OLM have some part in Origin's production (hopefully a minor one), maybe they were just too busy with that.

There wasn't a gap between DP and BW if I recall.

Edit: Oh well I guess there was.

Last edited:
Bulbasaur gives me a bit of hope for this episode - he should also be bringing Charizard back to Oak's in this episode with him, so hopefully Squirtle also pays a visit and he can try and bring back the Ash we had the last time he got all of his Kanto team together.

Would I be hoping for too much to want Ash to actually mention that he wasn't happy with the fact he didn't do as well in Unova in talking about his dream to be a Pokemon Master?

Bulbasaur indicates he's definitely at Oak's, so this seems to be just Ash. I'm happy! :D

I also like the title.

Is it just me or do the writers put out more creative titles for the final episodes of each saga? DP ended with 'Memories are Pearls! Friendships are Diamonds!! and this one is ending with an unusual 'My Dream, Pokémon Master'.

I would sell my soul for Shigeru to appear in this..... but at this stage I doubt it. Either way, this sounds good enough. Every farewell episode is usually emotional enough to carry itself without a deep and complicated plot. Looking forward to this (not crying my eyes out tho) and getting ready for XY!

Bulbasaur, Brock, and Zekrom in the same episode...how can things POSSIBLY go bad?

I don't know if this is where all the post-departure stuff will happen. This is just a title for now. It would be very busy if they did, but they have managed to cram more into the final ep than I can anticipate many times before. To me, this only conveys a pointless end to what has been a pointless generation for the anime. We get this at the end of every generation, the only difference is I have no "fond memories", and since nothing was achieved here, the statement seems more empty than it was. This does not make me very happy about how Kalos is going to play out.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is this Episode about Exactly because I am Very Confused.

This episode is going to be pretty basic: Ash sees all his Pokemon again and we won't see them again for a very long time and only for this one episode where they're only on for 30 seconds because Ash no longer needs them, he drops off all of his Unova Pokemon never to be used again, and then Ash leave for Kalos immediately. The title of the episode is really meaningful, since it will always be a dream and Nintendo will never let him reach that goal because they only care about money and nothing more.

Pity this is the last episode, I never got a single Mienshao filler episode, it made so few appearances in BW, and now it won't ever because Mienshao is a Gen 5 Pokemon and unless they make Mega Mienshao, it won't ever make an appearance ever again because it will all be Gen 6 Pokemon from here on out, and it depresses me.

Pity this is the last episode, I never got a single Mienshao filler episode, it made so few appearances in BW, and now it won't ever because Mienshao is a Gen 5 Pokemon and unless they make Mega Mienshao, it won't ever make an appearance ever again because it will all be Gen 6 Pokemon from here on out, and it depresses me.
That is not necessarily true. There are plenty of old Pokémon featured in XY, and the anime preview also showed quite a few of them. There were a lot of fillers about "random" old Pokémon in previous series, and even now in the Decolore saga.

I've always loved the Oak's Lab episode, so I'm super excited for this!

I really hope that the brock/cilan and iris/gible episodes are not a part of this, because it will be a rushed mess.

We have both the 3rd and the 10th with no episodes. There's usually only a one-week break before a new saga, so there could be specials on the 3rd.

We have both the 3rd and the 10th with no episodes. There's usually only a one-week break before a new saga, so there could be specials on the 3rd.
There could be, but the preview mentioned September 26th as the finale with no mention of specials, and now we know that Gyarados is going to appear in the penultimate episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom