• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BWS2DA!E20 - My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I never thought we were going to see Satoshi achieve his dream in the series proper -- or, at least, as far back as when I picked the anime back up at the beginning of D/P, I didn't think we would. Pokemon Master is one of those nebulous concepts that's never fully explained in the series. We're highly aware of what a Champion is, for instance, but the actual meaning of being a Pokemon Master is never revealed. And by having the word "master" in there, it implies a level of skill that takes many years to fully develop. Even if Satoshi were to win a league, beat the elite four, and beat the champion, I don't think I'd consider him a master from just that. In a very real way, I think his continued travels contribute more to that goal than any victory at a gym or in a league could, anyway. Granted, I would love to see him do all that, but it's not a prerequisite in my mind.

I don't really watch the anime out of a desire to see Satoshi become the best trainer ever or win lots of battles or even accomplish his goal, I watch it because it's fun and entertaining and enjoyably light-hearted, usually, and that's a fair change from a lot of other content out there. I think it was exactly that during BW and it'll continue to be lots of fun during XY.

BW made it more fun than DP did for me, but Da! has been a real chore to sit through to say the least. For me, it was fun, but it's lost that enjoyable feeling for me (the newer seasons), so that's where I've got that basis for my conclusion. I respect your opinion, though.

It never felt light-hearted in DP in my eyes. The mature feeling was somewhat nice, but they still said the characters didn't age back then, so that made no sense to me and made it awkward to see kids acting so serious. lol.

Yeah, I guess I can understand some of those feelings. I mean, whether you find something fun and enjoyable is a totally subjective experience, lol, so I don't fault you for not enjoying the current season. My only real caveat is to point out that we have no idea what kind of tone XY will have. Like you're totally right that there are significantly more serious, dramatic moments during DP - which I enjoyed - and then with in like ten episodes of BW, you have TASTING TIME and Dent's fabulousness all over the place. But it's probably a better idea to stop watching when BW is over, keep your ear to the ground, and consider giving XY a try if you like what you hear about it. Or not. Totally your prerogative.

Okay, the fact that this is the last episode of Best Wishes does NOT permit any of you to mutate this thread into a general retrospective about how you feel about Best Wishes as a whole. It's a preview thread like any other, and the purpose is discuss specifically this one upcoming episode. We have plenty of threads already in which you can discuss why you loved/loathed BW and how it compares as a whole to other sagas, so kindly leave this particular thread out of it.

Final warning - anyone who continues to discuss Best Wishes as a whole without clearly relating it to the events of this particular episode will find their posts deleted and receive disciplinary action.

I hope the title of this episode means that Ash woke up and found out his whole Unova journey was just a dream or it foreshadows a conclusion to Ash's story in XY. If its one of theses, I'd be really happy.

His whole Unova adventure just being a dream would be stupid.

Then zekrom flies overhead.

And he finds himself waking up in his bed one day before his plane ticket to kalos. The date is one day after ash came back from sinnoh. Then mijumaru jumps on his bed.Did I mention this is his tenth birthday?

Then zekrom flies overhead.

And he finds himself waking up in his bed one day before his plane ticket to kalos. The date is one day after ash came back from sinnoh. Then mijumaru jumps on his bed.Did I mention this is his tenth birthday?

That makes the most sense of anything ever.

This whole BW was just a dream thing makes no sense and does not pertain to this episode. Whoever thinks this, let me snap you out of your dream: it's an undeniable fact that BW is canon, just like any other series is canon and the writers would NEVER do something like Ash experiencing a whole saga as a dream.

On-Topic: The whole Cilan meeting Brock and Iris battling Clair thing being in this episode worries me. If all that is in the episode, things could turn out to be very rushed. I had liked if their stories were put into different specials, but oh well. Anyway, interesting title. It makes me think that there will be flashbacks to Ash's past journeys and achievements. I would like that. I kind of liked BW and I would like to see at least a bit of a decent closure.

Last edited:

Agreed. I wouldn't mind some sort of retcon making Best Wishes non-canon, just for the sake of Satoshi's character development, though.

Anyways, I wonder if Iris and Dent meeting each other could mean that they are going to travel together?

Anyone hoping we here from Kasumi? I'm actually hoping that Gyrados is her's.

It's going on 10 years since we've seen her. She could've at least sent a postcard. But seeing her, along with as others have said for Ash to acknowledge his undeniable regression in skill and make it a mission to get back where he used to be is what will separate this episode from the one in AG!

Seeing Bulba again is nice, it'd also be great to see Kingler, someone else we haven't seen in a long time!

If it was hers she probably would have been seen with it/calmed it down when it attacked.

I have to be honest though, I wouldn't mind if it was a dream. It's better than having him actually regress.

It's going on 10 years since we've seen her. She could've at least sent a postcard. But seeing her, along with as others have said for Ash to acknowledge his undeniable regression in skill and make it a mission to get back where he used to be is what will separate this episode from the one in AG!

Seeing Bulba again is nice, it'd also be great to see Kingler, someone else we haven't seen in a long time!

If she was going to appear, I think they would have shown her to promote it like they did with Brock's appearance. Since there was no sign of Misty around that Gyarados, I think that there's a better chance that it's a random wild one than the one Misty has.

No way I want to ever see Ash go back to the way he was like in the DP series, at least in the BW series he did state he wanted to become a Pokemon master.

Hopefully XY series will keep with the tone of Ash's character like the BW series did.

Hold on, let me get this straight. You'd rather have Ash lose battles, regress in the Regional League, and have cheap wins than have him win with strategy and skill? If you're talking about his personality, than OK, I understand. But in terms of battles... :F

Oh, FYI, he stated it multiple times in DP that he wanted to become a Pokemon Master.

Ash only stated that he wanted to become a Pokemon Master one time during the DP series.

The wins Ash had in the BW series weren't cheap at all, since he did shown that he still have great skills as a Pokemon trainer.

Pokemon isn't as good as it used to be during the Kanto Gen 1 series, because at that time it was really big and popular.

Yes they were considering almost all of them spit in the face of type advantage and he won a lot of things he shouldnt due to mid battle evolutions. It was a sign that the writers still had common sense when cameron gave his team a much needed smackdown.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind some sort of retcon making Best Wishes non-canon, just for the sake of Satoshi's character development, though.

Anyways, I wonder if Iris and Dent meeting each other could mean that they are going to travel together?

Best Wishes series is more canon to the show then the DP series, i mean the whole idea to make the BW series non-canon is the stupidest idea anyone can ever think of happening, is not going to ever happen and that's the fact.

Making Best Wishes not canon ... what would that bring if their writing has permanently lost its quality? What, do you think they just happened to do bad in Best Wishes and in XY the writing will suddenly become excellent and even better then DP's writing? You're seriously deluding yourself if you think that's the case. Ash did worse in BW than in DP, it happens. Even if we're not happy, even worse writing would be removing BW out of canon because Best Wishes has made more references and has had more flashbacks to earlier series than DP. So yeah, it would simply be a big mess and make things completely confusing for the children who are actually meant to be the target audience of this show, not us, unsatisfied online fans who aren't happy with their level of writing.

No, just no. It would do more harm than good.

Making Best Wishes not canon ... what would that bring if their writing has permanently lost its quality? What, do you think they just happened to do bad in Best Wishes and in XY the writing will suddenly become excellent and even better then DP's writing? You're seriously deluding yourself if you think that's the case. Ash did worse in BW than in DP, it happens. Even if we're not happy, even worse writing would be removing BW out of canon because Best Wishes has made more references and has had more flashbacks to earlier series than DP. So yeah, it would simply be a big mess and make things completely confusing for the children who are actually meant to be the target audience of this show, not us, unsatisfied online fans who aren't happy with their level of writing.

Agreed. I've got to give DP credit where it's due, though. DP had the strongest writing out of all four series, while BW had the worst writing in my eyes. It's not like XY's writing is going to shoot to DP levels because it succeeds BW.

Agreed. I've got to give DP credit where it's due, though. DP had the strongest writing out of all four series, while BW had the worst writing in my eyes. It's not like XY's writing is going to shoot to DP levels because it succeeds BW.

DP writing wasn't the strongest but it was okay, BW writing was interesting and succeeds over the DP, i'm hope XY writing is on the same level as the BW writing..

DP writing wasn't the strongest but it was okay, BW writing was interesting and succeeds over the DP, i'm hope XY writing is on the same level as the BW writing..

I enjoyed BW as a series more than DP, but DP's writing is better in my eyes than BW. If that makes any sense. lol.

Guys, you were already warned about this earlier by garrison-san:

Okay, the fact that this is the last episode of Best Wishes does NOT permit any of you to mutate this thread into a general retrospective about how you feel about Best Wishes as a whole. It's a preview thread like any other, and the purpose is discuss specifically this one upcoming episode. We have plenty of threads already in which you can discuss why you loved/loathed BW and how it compares as a whole to other sagas, so kindly leave this particular thread out of it.

Final warning - anyone who continues to discuss Best Wishes as a whole without clearly relating it to the events of this particular episode will find their posts deleted and receive disciplinary action.

So drop it right now, please.

Guys, you were already warned about this earlier by garrison-san:

So drop it right now, please.

Oh, sorry for somewhat derailing the thread.

Well anyway, back on topic, the episode itself should be one where Ash is back in Pallet Town, drops off his Pokemon with Oak and Tracey, sees his mom giving him his Kalos outfit, and then sets off for Kalos. xD.

I still want zekrom to try and destroy pallet town. He hits bulbasaur with a bolt strike and kills him which gives charizard the motivation to use blast burn and defeat him.

My perfect ending.

I did went a little bit off-topic myself.

Back on topic.

Hopefully this episode won't be overrush and have an good ending to it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom