• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BWS2DA!E20 - My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if gible evolve he will be a better charizard.

The not yet is a cop out. Bulbasaur has no intention of evolving. And i cant see that changing.

I recall him beating 2 of conways pokemon after set up and sucessfully landing a hit on a legendary which is more than swellow could say.

Lol no one will ever be a better Charizard cuz no pokemon will ever take that place.

Um no it's not. who the hell would choose to be forcibly evolved??

Ya thats the BS part. He was useless before that battle and your telling me that mastering one move made him a bad ass all of a sudden?? Bullshit.

And Swellow would beat Gible anyday of the week and comparing the two is laughable as Swellow has proven time and time again that he is a beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol no one will ever be a better Charizard cuz no pokemon will ever take that place.

Um no it's not. who the hell would choose to be forcibly evolved??

Ya thats the BS part. He was useless before that battle and your telling me that mastering one move made him a bad ass all of a sudden?? Bullshit.

And Swellow would beat Gible anyday of the week and comparing the two is laughable as Swellow has proven time and time again that he is a beast.

Thats because Ash hasn't evolved his gible yet and the writers should do it. Its the perfect time for ash to get a good dragon nownsince they no longer are the best type.

Iirc forced evolution was used as a contest appeal once.

His draco meteor was used as a GPS. And when the move is draco meteor the answer is yes.

Of course it did. Just look at how he manhandled dusknoir and shuckle. And since dragon is not electrity swellow has no plot armor against it.

Thats because Ash hasn't evolved his gible yet and the writers should do it. Its the perfect time for ash to get a good dragon nownsince they no longer are the best type.

Iirc forced evolution was used as a contest appeal once.

His draco meteor was used as a GPS. And when the move is draco meteor the answer is yes.

Of course it did. Just look at how he manhandled dusknoir and shuckle. And since dragon is not electrity swellow has no plot armor against it.

Well according to you Gible is already a beast so why does he need to evolve to become a powerhouse??

I'm sure she asked her pokemon before hand.

So?? GPS didn't make him less useless, it just made him funny. And no one move makes you a powerhouse out of no where.

Ya and that was BS. Mastering one move doesn't make you a beast(Mijumaru proves this).

Even though I like to remain pesimistic about what happens in the anime (you feel much better that way), I wish a bit that Bulbasaur decides to evolve. It doesn't matter if it evolves into Ivysaur in Pallet Town or after that, but it could travel to Kalos with Ash and become a Mega Venasaur, which I like a lot. The problem with this is that it would seem a bit forced since Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve all this time, plus there is no evolutionary festival in sight.

A better option would be for Ash to retrieve his Squirlte in this episode. It has shown absolutely no fear of evolving, it could leave the Squirtle Squad temporarily like it did before, then Mega Blastoise would debut. But that seems unlikely considering this episode highly features Bulbasaur instead, or at least, that's what it seems to do as of now. Maybe, only maybe, Charizard could be an option. Bulbasaur and Squirtle have been the same species for a long time, and see them changing would feel weird, while Charizard already is a fully-evolved Pokémon. But to be honest, I'm sick of it. Yes, we got it, the guy is popular and everything, but returning to Ash's team yet again is enough. Being in The Origin is too much. And going to Kalos would be overly excessive.

Anyway, going back to the episode, I'm wondering if Tracey will have something to do here. He hasn't had any role aside from standing there, without even moving or batting an eye, during the last 7 years and 1 week; except for Summerly Slope where he looked up to the sky. He isn't even confirmed for this episode yet! Oh, and also, Team Rocket. Which reason will the boss have to send them to Kalos in this episode? Or perhaps they will go on their own, following Pikachu, since Giovanni seems to be okay with it now.

By the way, Talonflame and 1rkhachatryan's replying and massive quoting is exceeding the limits in a pretty amusing way. I wonder if they will end bugging the thread or something.

Well according to you Gible is already a beast so why does he need to evolve to become a powerhouse??

I'm sure she asked her pokemon before hand.

So?? GPS didn't make him less useless, it just made him funny. And no one move makes you a powerhouse out of no where.

Ya and that was BS. Mastering one move doesn't make you a beast(Mijumaru proves this).

So he can become more of a beast.

But do you know for sure?

And without it ditto would have caused serious mayhem, piplup would not have learned hydro pump and may even die because he was trapped in a cave.

It is when said move is draco meteor, the beastiliest of all moves.

Guys, back on topic please. Unless there's proof that a Pokemon is evolving in the ep, all evo talk should be kept to the proper thread.

The VA List.

Ash
Pikachu
Jessie
James
Meowth
Oshawott
Pignite
Scraggy
Palpitoad
Helioptile
Rotom
Yamask
Alexa
Delia Ketchum
Giovanni

Last edited:
That list is quite pitiful. I know that some of Ash's old Pokémon could still get speaking roles since they're voiced by VAs who have other roles, but most of them won't, so it may as well just be Bulbasaur. And Tracey's absence sticks out like a sore thumb.

I guess that most of Ash's old friends and Pokémon just don't bother to greet him anymore. Who could blame them?

That list is quite pitiful. I know that some of Ash's old Pokémon could still get speaking roles since they're voiced by VAs who have other roles, but most of them won't, so it may as well just be Bulbasaur.
Who says they won't? How do you know that?

And Tracey's absence sticks out like a sore thumb.
Thank God, he is a bland character.

I guess that most of Ash's old friends and Pokémon just don't bother to greet him anymore. Who could blame them?
Like I said, you don't know how many of Ash's Pokémon will appear, how can you possibly know that?

They can appear without speaking roles anyway.

An appearance without a speaking role isn't worth mentioning. We know what the Pokémon look like; if they can't speak, they can't interact with anyone. The only old Pokémon (other than Bulbasaur and Charizard) which could have a speaking role are Donphan, Sceptile, Infernape, Noctowl, Quilava, Torkoal, Torterra, Muk, Bayleef, Buizel and Swellow. I wouldn't bet on anyone but Muk, but even that one may no longer be important to the writers with Rotom around. The most worrying evidence is the summary:

Growing restless at home, Satoshi soon heads for the Okido Laboratories after all. There, he meets his partners from the Isshu region for the first time in a long while, and as he reflects back on his journey through Isshu, he again vows that his dream is to become 'Pokémon Master'!
Apparently, Ash misses his Unova reserves but not the Pokémon that he really hasn't seen in a long time. He doesn't even want to visit his mother first, but Alexa forces him to do that.

Last edited:
Apparently, Ash misses his Unova reserves but not the Pokémon that he really hasn't seen in a long time. He doesn't even want to visit his mother first, but Alexa forces him to do that.
The fact he meets Bulbasaur indicates he will meet his old Pokémon, he IS at the lab as the summary implies.

He can't go to Oak's lab without somehow missing all of his old Pokémon.

The fact he meets Bulbasaur indicates he will meet his old Pokémon, he IS at the lab as the summary implies.
He could easily just watch them from afar while looking for the Unova reserves. Bulbasaur is an exception due to the focus on the Kanto starters.

He can't go to Oak's lab without somehow missing all of his old Pokémon.
So that summary means nothing? Okay then. The fact that Ash is in no rush to visit his mother says a lot in itself.

He could easily just watch them from afar while looking for the Unova reserves. Bulbasaur is an exception due to the focus on the Kanto starters.
Majority of Ash's Pokémon could still appear and speak due to VA's being present in this episode.

So that summary means nothing? Okay then. The fact that Ash is in no rush to visit his mother says a lot in itself.
You mean the guy who ditched his own mother on what was supposed to be their vacation in Unova but turned into him leaving her all by herself so he can go on a journey? Yeah, it says a lot. But it also shows how much Ash cares for his Pokémon that'd he would rather go to them first to check up on them.

Majority of Ash's Pokémon could still appear and speak due to VA's being present in this episode.
They're just 12 out of the 24 Pokémon shown in the Season 2 opening. I don't see why only half of his old Pokémon would get to speak, especially since most of them aren't really the obvious choices. More likely than not, Bulbasuar and perhaps a few more will be exceptions.

You mean the guy who ditched his own mother on what was supposed to be their vacation in Unova but turned into him leaving her all by herself so he can go on a journey? Yeah, it says a lot. But it also shows how much Ash cares for his Pokémon that'd he would rather go to them first to check up on them.
The summary indicates that he cares about his Unova Pokémon and that he wants to recall his recent journey. Nothing more.

They're just 12 out of the 24 Pokémon shown in the Season 2 opening. I don't see why only half of his old Pokémon would get to speak, especially since most of them aren't really the obvious choices. More likely than not, Bulbasuar and perhaps a few more will be exceptions.
Who knows. Maybe they choose not to, maybe it wasn't necessary to give all 24 of them speaking roles. Maybe they couldn't get some of the voice actors? Who knows, I certainly don't. I'm fine with it.

The summary indicates that he cares about his Unova Pokémon and that he wants to recall his recent journey. Nothing more.
The summary says that Ash goes to Oak's lab to meet his Pokémon. And then it states Ash meets his Unova Pokémon there, not that Ash went to the lab in order to visit his Unova Pokémon only. It's not implying anything, you're just understanding it the wrong way. It doesn't say Ash goes there with the intention of recalling his Unova journey, he just does when he encounters his Unova Pokémon.

I've just noticed that Chinami Nishimura isn't listed, which means that Ash's Unfezant won't get a speaking role even though we know it will appear. That's just sad.

And then it states Ash meets his Unova Pokémon there, not that Ash went to the lab in order to visit his Unova Pokémon only. It's not implying anything, you're just understanding it the wrong way.
I understand it perfectly well. Whatever his reason to go to the lab is, the Pokémon that he will bond with are the Unova ones and maybe a few more. The rest will just be saved from Team Rocket.

I understand it perfectly well. Whatever his reason to go to the lab is, the Pokémon that he will bond with are the Unova ones and maybe a few more. The rest will just be saved from Team Rocket.
Well fine then, because Ash had enough time to bond with his old Pokémon. It's only fair he bonds with the Unova team a little more.

Especially since due to this rotation of Pokémon Ash was never with his Unova Pokémon in full group.

Well fine then, because Ash had enough time to bond with his old Pokémon. It's only fair he bonds with them a little more.
That just makes it all the more depressing, because it implies that soon enough Ash won't need to interact with his Unova Pokémon, either.

That just makes it all the more depressing, because it implies that soon enough Ash won't need to interact with his Unova Pokémon, either.
As sad as it is, we should at least appreciate the fact Ash's Pokémon are not stuffed into some PC but are out in the open with plenty of company and freedom. But yeah, I guess it is kinda depressing.

It doesn't have to be this way. The writers could have created a World Tournament saga to give Ash's Pokémon (the old and new ones) more spotlight, but they thought that the Decolore fillers were a better use of their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom