• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Byron and Pluto appearing - Ash uses Riolu?

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
Wow! I found new info about the anime!

That's a first!! O.O

http://pokebeach.com/#dp105-and-106-feature-byron-air-date-for-riley-episode

Thanks goes to Pokebeach for posting the info! ^^

So anyway, it looks like we finally get the gym battle. And could this also mean a Riolu egg will be given away? Guess we'll have to wait and see! =o

By the way, here's something I'm wondering about. Apparently, Ash has not one, but TWO gym battles - all within the span of a few episodes?

Okay....that's really weird. o_O

Last edited:
So then, didn't PokeBeach find the info first? :p

Also, it's not so weird; it's like a throwback to the days of Kanto where he kept getting one badge right after the other. Okay, I guess in this day and age it is pretty weird, but I'm happy for the nostalgia.

And Franky is Byron? SUUUPAAH!!!

Hehe, yeah, Pokebeach found the info first. XD

Well, I just meant that I was the first person to actually post the info on BMGf. And, this is also the first time I've posted news about the Japanese version. ^^;

Yeah, that's true, Pitch. It does remind you of season one, which is a really nice thing for the writers to do. I love how they're doing that!

Yay for nostalgia! ^_^

*still needs to buy the Season One DVD box sets* XD

Last edited:
Dude, I thought we already knew this stuff. -_-; Or at least assumed it'd happen that early. We knew about Ash reaching Canalave soon after battling Fantina already...

I don't really care about his gym battle but how in world did he get there in one or two episode?

Ash will battle Byron but will lost... And Byron will sent him at Iron Island for training.

I hate that. I know Byron would be the hardest Gym Leader (Come on it's stell, it has the most resistances) but does Ash have to lose? It just looks horrible when Ash's Hoenn team looks stronger than his Sinnoh Team. Ash only lost to Brawly. Ash has basically lost to Roark, and Gardenia, tied with Maylene, creamed Crasher Wake, forfeited to Fantina, and now would lose to Byron.

I just hope he appears, and their match gets interrupted, somehow causing Ash to go to Iron Island.

I actually hope that no one gets a Riolu egg. If the writers wanted to give it away, why not just battle it?

He'll prolly lose to Byron though...

And NO, there will not be any Riolu egg. Ash's team is f-u-l-l.

People have predicted this might be a training arc like what happened back in Dewford against Brawly, would be interesting if that were the case.

As for two Gym battles close together, have you guys forgotten Ash won Frontier Brains symbols in a span of 4-5 episodes apart constantly throughout that arc?

Last edited:
People have predicted this might be a training arc like what happened back in Dewford against Brawly, would be interesting if that were the case.

As for two Gym battles close together, have you guys forgotten Ash won Frontier Brains symbols in a span of 4-5 episodes apart constantly throughout that arc?

Thing is, Canalave City is really far from Hearthome. REALLY FAR.

If Ash loses his first spar with Byron, does that mean we'll be hearing of a Monferno evolution soon? Now is the right time, between Byron and Candice. They have to get that going, if we ever want to see it evolve.

If Ash loses his first spar with Byron, does that mean we'll be hearing of a Monferno evolution soon? Now is the right time, between Byron and Candice. They have to get that going, if we ever want to see it evolve.
Maybe it'll happen on Iron Island through a Team Galactic subplot.

(and when Ash gets the Riolu egg)

*grabs popcorn*

I hope he gets the egg just to piss off the insane anti-fanboys.

Ash isn't going to get the Riolu egg.

I'm not anti-Riolu, I'm not anti-Aura, and I'm not an insane anti-fanboy (well, anti-Ultimates 3, but that's unrelated). Riolu's adorable and I like the idea of Aura. But the writers are not going to Oak any of Ash's team. They just plain aren't.

So beyond ready for DP108 to come and go so all this completely unneccesary speculation and can all go away.

Not expecting a Riolu egg since there's already enough characters on the cast for now:

We have Ash and his team of six (7)

Dawn and her five (6)

Brock and his three (4)

and Team Rocket (8)

That makes 25 regular characters (even then, there's very uneven showcasing).

Adding another character would make it too much.

But the writers are not going to Oak any of Ash's team. They just plain aren't.

I'm going to regret going here...

but isn't there a certain group of Gligar that don't have a leader anymore because of Paul?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom