• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Byron and Pluto appearing - Ash uses Riolu?

Yea. I'm glad all of this game stuff is happening. All of the titles being revealed sound awesome.

I guess they told these VAs to give us these spoilers to make the fans gain interest and watch the episodes... or maybe it really happens all the time and like WPM said just no one notice... maybe we should regularely check from now on the blogs of famous VAs...
And Pluto=Rotom = that list of Poké said to appear soon was right! I'm sure Rotom will appear with Pluto and that leave us with Mamoswine and Magmortar which are probably Paul's and a rushed double evo for Dawn's Swinub

Since there's no Riolu figure coming out in January, Ash won't catch the damn thing, thank God. So I'n guessing Ash uses Riolu to fight Galactic/Pluto. It'll be a nice little "we can't give Ash the ratdog, so here's this episode with Ash battling with it" to sub a full region's whorin... I mean use.

Since there's no Riolu figure coming out in January, Ash won't catch the damn thing

You can't say that as a fact
And while I may be wrong - I don't remember Swinub figure when Dawn caught it
While the figures and such things hint at captures/evolutions you can't really use that as a reason why a character can't get a certain Poké
And actually this is just one more hint that support Riolu for Ash...

Thing is, Canalave City is really far from Hearthome. REALLY FAR.

As in, passing through both Oreburgh and Jubilife, both cities Ash and co. have been through much earlier in DP.

And, much later on, they still have to go back to Hearthome for the fourth and final time for Sinnoh Grand Festival.

And, much later on, they still have to go back to Hearthome for the fourth and final time for Sinnoh Grand Festival.

We don't know for sure the GF will be there... while it sounds like a good speculation for it - don't say it as a fact

Did anyone else notice how he just mentioned Riolu? nothing about an egg or something like that... I doubt the egg will hatch the same episode or one after it... it usually takes a few episodes for an egg to hatch
Anyone think they throwed away the whole egg thing and simply have it appear as a Riolu already?

Maybe Riolu won't listen to Riley and Ash decides to train it for a few episodes since he has strong Aura. Or something. :p

We don't know for sure the GF will be there... while it sounds like a good speculation for it - don't say it as a fact

At least I think the GF is in Hearthome. After all it's the only city to have a Contest Hall in the games.

What if it's not in Hearthome? Then I would probably assume sunyshore or something.

Did anyone else notice how he just mentioned Riolu? nothing about an egg or something like that... I doubt the egg will hatch the same episode or one after it... it usually takes a few episodes for an egg to hatch
Anyone think they throwed away the whole egg thing and simply have it appear as a Riolu already?

I thought the egg was going to hatch by Eterna Forest revisited.

Its interesting how long this arc is going on. Sounds similar to the Larvitar episodes, only these seem like they're going to be even better.

Y'know I always figured splitting the show up between Ash and May/Dawn was done to reduce the number of fillers, but now that DP is so plot driven, even having a girl not doing anything wouldn't be a big deal anymore. Granted I wouldn't want that to happen, but I'm sure you get my point.

Not one of those "insane anti-Riolu fanboys*. Even if we see Riolu again with Ash for the duration of the episode, that's fine with me. I doubt they'll pull a "Larvitar" like in Johto.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Maybe Riolu won't listen to Riley and Ash decides to train it for a few episodes since he has strong Aura. Or something. :p

I doubt Ash's Aura strength is stronger than Riley's. That is, theorizing that Riley is a descendant of Sir Aaron or someone--Ash just has the potential to possess strong Aura.

i hope ash does get a riolu egg, and hopefully chimchar will evolve, and for some reason i really want buneary to evolve too! i like lopunny

Riolu being Larvitar 2 could work.

Although #pocketmonsters's translation of the blog doesn't mention ash or Ash or Satoshi. Just... pointing that out...

The baseless Riolu hate makes me want to skewer my eyes every time I see it.

EDIT: Now that I can say more... so WHAT if he Oaks, say, Staravia to make room for Riolu? Staravia's ridiculous popularity seems largely based on being hit in the head a couple times (which last happened almost 100 episodes ago) and hasn't arguably done anything significant since Eterna Gym, Veilstone at the absolute latest. Not to mention if Staravia was Oaked, that would allow the much more popular Gliscor to get the attention it hasn't yet gotten, as it can do absolutely everything Staravia can and better too. AND it actually can be used to good effect in 2 of the 3 remaining Gyms, whereas Staravia can't do anything in any of them.

Last edited:
Just becuase they didn't say egg in there doesn't mean its not involved. They might not want to ruine any thing.

Hey guys, the blog might be fake. It only has three posts. Looks like we might have made a mistake in using it as a source, though we're not sure yet.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom