• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cabriola's Animation & Scribbles - UPDATE [12-08-12]

Re: Cabriola's Animation & Scribbles - UPDATE [06-09-11]

I care!

Spud's lookin' a little scrawny, though I suppose he is only eleven. And yet, somehow he actually looks kind of toned. I suppose rock type trainers are like that. Except Rosanne. Or... is she?

Eden looks cool, has sort of a "older Jasmine" look to her. Though I can see what you mean by the headsizes here. >>
I'm a little perplexed by the Kabutops evolution. The head seems a little more monstery and... mouthy than the previous two. And the typing is also odd considering the whole rock/water thing. These are of course mostly personal style things. He stills looks cool. Did you base it on any ancient beasties?

Oh, Claire and N. There relationship is beyond both words and understanding. And, perhaps, sanity.
Her hair style actually reminds me of both Claire and N, which I assume is intentional. The freckles are a nice touch of uniqueness (did either of her parents have freckles?).
Funny story, I decided to look up "Libelle" and apparently it is the singular vocative of the Latin word for little book, pamphlet, or petition. Also, it's tied to several german things, from a cypher (as in, code), to gliders, to flying toys, to shipwrecked barques. Also, an old French literary genre where you would slander a public figure in a pamphlet. o_O?
Any of these the origin?

The owl looks awesome. There's something you did with the colors or colored lines that makes the edges look just like feathers. Very nice. I like the color dots on the wings too.

Love starry nights. The mysterious cloud thing fits right in. The way it illuminated parts of the picture works very well, especially with the grass.
The Riolu's right are seems a bit too thick. Also, he doesn't really look like he has a side to him on the right. It's like we're viewing the torso head on when we're supposed to be seeing it slightly turned to the right (his left). Or maybe it just looks that way because of the size of his right arm.

The two profile views are very nice. It was little weird to look at how small Yellow's jaw is compared to Cynthia's, but I suppose that makes sense, given her young looks.

Young Claire looks positively adorable. In a weird way, of course, given her anger issues. You made her express her personality very well, what with the frown, eyebrows, and her clutching her skirt. The feet are also very well done.

Hah! More very awesome expressions. I think I like Claire's the best.
I'll be honest: I have absolutely no clue what is happening here. I think N's slamming something into a box. At first I thought he was twisting it because the thumb on his left hand actually looks like it's on the outside of the palm, so it looked like he was twisting his arm until I realized that this thumb wouldn't be there... >.>
This same arm also seems a bit thin.
It's actually pretty good for an "ugly sketch." N's right arm looks very good, especially the fist, an aside from his left arm, it all looks very anatomically correct.
I still can't get over how awesome Claire's expression is. She'll get wrinkles, though. (I think, I have absolutely no idea if that piece of facial knowledge is in any way correct.)

Jasmine and Lance's (!) (Though I suppose it's hardly any weirder than Claire/N) daughter looks pretty good, especially the shading. Very well done. There's something about her eyes, though... they're not uneven, but don't quite seem to match in the outlines. I think the upper lid slopes down to steeply on her right eye and the eyelashes on both don't quite seem to match. Might just be the perspective.
I find it kind of funny that only Libelle seems to resemble either Claire or N. Though it looks like Wolfgang and Damien might have split their parents' derpy and aloof moments between them.
Damien actually looks okay, though I can see what you're saying. Might be his jaw line sloping up too steeply.
Also, the right most tip of the brim of his hat doesn't seem as long as the left, but the perspective and waviness of the it may be throwing me off.
Going from the expressions, I'd say... Pearl is kind, Wolfgang is a little confused, Libelle is smug and arrogant, and Damien is stoically annoyed?

Not much to say about Dawn, given that she's unfinished. She actually looks a little weird with the unfinished shading.

I really like the painting effect you have going on Dibley. Looks very nice. Hope you can finish it on time!

Caniflora (had to check the file name. I'm no good with fancy writings! D:) looks pretty cool, though he looks a bit too much like he's glaring, a little at odds with the description (though, of course, he need not follow that strictly.) I really like the tail. It's got a hint of leafiness without, you know, just being a leaf for a tail.
Any particular reason that his ears are so veiny? I don't really think it's a bad thing, but it looked a little odd the first time I saw it.

The foreshortening on Jacuash came out very nice. The design on his face is also pretty cool. Not much else to say, though I like that his eyes are pretty shiny. Good shading, nice color choice.

Heh, Schwapacca has very "deer alpaca in the headlights" look to him. Also looks a little bow legged, though that's not really that bad here. Certainly gives him a good stance. I also really like the weird hairstyle he's got going on. Again, his eyes are pretty nice.

Not much to add with the compilation picture, though the set up is pretty well done. The back ground filter on the starters adds a bit more to the usually not that special "giant translucent image of the main image" thing.

I really like this... Felusk (blarg, still can't really make out the names) line you've done. Felusk's head seems a bit too much like a Sableye's to me, but it might just be that it's the outline combined with the shiny eyes and the wide mouth.
Demunger (?) is even better. The mouth is very well drawn and the rolling tongue gives it that special something.
Taireageth (?) is pretty messed up in, like, the best way possible. So freaky. I don't really know what's going on with the lower part of his huge mouth, though. I sort of looks like it was twisted 90 degrees or if he's got these weird teeth growing out of the sides of his mouth, both of which would add a lot to the guy, but it doesn't really come across to well. Still, he is remarkably creepy looking either way.

Nice hat. Is it lucky?
She's got a pretty cool look to her, what with the hat, the eye patch, the eight ball necklace, and the fancy outfit. Not much more to add, other than the hands are well done.

Hah, more nice expressions. Her face shape seems to shift a bit between some of the sketches. Not sure if just the general sketchiness or the angles, though. I think the one in the second row there all by itself is my favorite, though all do a good job of getting the moods across.

Don't let the lack of responses discourage you. The Cretins (nay, I say Philistines!) here wouldn't know post worthy art if it smacked them in the face.

Re: Cabriola's Animation & Scribbles - UPDATE [16-03-12]

I'm back, with more art. If anyone wants smaller file sizes, just let me know or visit my DA page, I basically have the exact same name on there as I use on here.

Thanks for the comments, Erasmus! I'll reply a little later on.

mild_summer_afternoon_by_cabriola-d4fukw4.png

Christmas gift for my aunt and uncle of their two dogs.

AngelReferenceDraw.png

A quick-draw of a character of mine.

MiniCynthia.png

Lineless art of a 10-year-old Cynthia.

GastlyBrothersSigMove.png

Me and my friend's take on the Gastly Brothers from that episode way back when Ash was in Saffron City.

chibi_ursa_2012_redo_by_cabriola-d4litch.png

Chibi art for an old Avatar project.

b207d8de392ddfe12bd4fbfd8b7aab79-d4muyve.png

Was for a comic idea I scrapped. 10-year-old Cynthia and her sister, Cora.

amber_by_cabriola-d4rhn5w.png

Chibi drawing of the first gym leader of my made-up region, Medieva.

medievan_eeveelutions_by_cabriola-d4s9kl1.png

The Eeveelutions for my made-up region, Draconeon and Amoebeon.

amoebeon_by_cabriola-d4s9laz.png

Amoebeon by itself.

kinesis___volume_1_title_page_by_cabriola-d4sybkz.png

Front page of the comic I am actually going to work on, Kinesis, a non-profit, fan-based multiple crossover AU.

Attachments

• mild_summer_afternoon_by_cabriola-d4fukw4.png
    mild_summer_afternoon_by_cabriola-d4fukw4.png
    597.4 KB · Views: 91
Re: Cabriola's Animation & Scribbles - UPDATE [18-03-12]

kinesis___sleeping_by_cabriola-d4t6xgj.png

I HATE HIS LEFT LEG. DX Will be coming back to this soon after Mothering Sunday here in the UK.

Kinesis stuff, Volkner and Cynthia as teenagers. Estimating about 16 and 15, respectively.

Erasmus: Heheh, thanks. =)

Oh! I never noticed the older Jasmine thing, awesome. =D *Nod* This region I'm creating explores odd typing methods and such, plus Kabuto had to become a bug for Eden to be able to use him. Otherwise I'd just be copying Flint. XD Oh, I think I combined a preying mantis and a woodlouse to create Kabuton? Initially it was supposed to be a stand-alone fakemon, but the coloration made it look a lot like it was part of the Kabuto evolution chain, so eventually I decided to add it on. I may create a third form for Omanyte, as well, while I'm at it.

XD I've been told it's a really odd pairing, I grew to really like it though. For Libelle? *Nod* Entirely intentional, and thanks for the freckles comment! Nope, though I do think Clair would probably freckle during the summer since I speculate that she's naturally blonde (provided Pokemon characters don't just grow their odd hair colors naturally! XD)

Oh wow, that's interesting... Actually, weirdly enough, I saw somewhere that it meant 'Dragonfly' in Latin. Strange, guess it was wrong...

Oh, thanks again! It was a certain brush I used in... either SAI or Photoshop, I've already forgotten which program. XD;

Thanks again, glad it had the desired effect. =) I also see what you mean about Riolu, thank you for pointing that out!

*Nod* Yellow, to me, appeared younger than Red in the manga, or around the same age, so her jawbone would be far less developed, if the useful things I learnt in science class about anatomy serve me correctly?

LOL Poor girl, I always make her look angry in every pic. Might try and draw her actually looking remotely happy one day, if she ever is... thank you, though! She's a lot of fun to draw, expression-wise. =)

Oh, and N is trying to get the wrong block inside a hole on one of those holed toy things? Clair will have it all when she hits 80; crow's feet, wrinkles, grey hair, you name it!

Perhaps, I wasn't happy with the way her eyes looked either at the time. Definitely not now. DX LOL Derpy, definitely right there! And you're pretty right with all four, except Damien is the perverted one of the lot. He has these obscene crushes on women much older than him from an early age, and it started with poor Cynthia. Not sure why I made him look so annoyed, probably got rejected by someone or something.

Yeah, I ended up abandoned the Dawn one since I couldn't figure out how to make it work. DX

Already did finish the Dibley and Smudge pic, thanks! ;D

Oh, sorry, that's my awful handwriting. LOL Oh, the ears are meant to represent... leaves... or something like that, I dunno?

Oooh yes, maybe Felusk and Sableye could be cousins? XD Oh, thanks! 8D Creepiness is exactly what I aimed for with Taireapeth; I'm a bit of a horror fanatic and I just let loose with the final evo. I did have this whole explanation on DA that said "his glutton tore him apart in the worst possible way" or whatever, he's really just an empty shell longing for love, bless him.

Thanks again for the rest. =)

Thanks for the encouragement. I was having a pretty bad day that day, looking back I can't believe how attention-seeking it came across! I'm ashamed. DX Either way, I really appreciate you showing concern, you've been so helpful and so consistent with your replies to my work, it's been an absolute pleasure reading your feedback. =)

Re: Cabriola's Animation & Scribbles - UPDATE [16-03-12]

Wow, just everythin' is great ma'am!
I'm not gonna give critique, as I am bad at it, just came to stop by and say how good your art is.

Wow, just everythin' is great ma'am!
I'm not gonna give critique, as I am bad at it, just came to stop by and say how good your art is.

Thank you very much. =)

Oh wow, so I haven't been on this site in months. It's changed around a little, it was a bit difficult to navigate my way around at first. haha

Here's the latest artwork of mine:

champion_clair_n___team_by_cabriola-d5av921.png

Spawned from a conversation me and a friend had about how annoying it would be if Clair became a champion.

Attachments

• champion_clair_n___team_by_cabriola-d5av921.png
    champion_clair_n___team_by_cabriola-d5av921.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom