• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cabriola's Animation & Scribbles - UPDATE [12-08-12]

Reaction score
Just a quick art dump, I'm planning to draw Champion Lance after I'm done with these two animations my partner won't do at col. DX

Ordered according to which was drawn more previously...

(Btw they're all hidden with spoiler tags due to their size, since I've usually seen done. I'm saving your connection speed, ain't I nice? ;])

BrockJustCantScore.png
What I thought to myself after seeing that part in the anime where Cynthia stops Croagunk from stabbing Brock.

SteelixLikesUrMom.jpg
Why it's not a good idea to bring your Steelix home... crappy drawing, I drew it while I was both ill and had no sleep. DX

MePokemonTrainer.png
Drew myself as a Pokemon trainer here.

UrsaSteelix.png
ATLA & Pokemon crossover. This is around where the obsession began. >>

WaruColoured.png
An old character of mine. Nooo, he's not from DBZ. XD

BoltConceptArtReplica.png
Based on a real concept drawing made for the film 'Bolt'. Was for my animation coursework. I'll update this thread a lil later with the artist's name.

AzurillTarrali.png
A quickie of Azurill. Not all that proud of it, to be honest. DX

PonyoWallpaperFlatColour.png
Drawn for a friend, features Sosuke and Ponyo from the movie Ponyo.

CyndaquilPhanpy.png
A Cyndaquil and a Phanpy. =3

Oh btw, this thread is open to constructive crit. For instance, I know my lineart needs work. DX I'd be so happy if someone could help me out? =)

Last edited:
Re: Cabriola's Scribbles

Updated with more art (new and forgotten).

Screenshot2010-11-23at120739.png

Forgotten work. I totally had Arbok in mind for this one. XD It was my first attempt at 3D modelling, so please be nice.

[Click for Video Plz, & Please Full View!]
After two months of animation theory, I finally got to animate something! :yahoo:

The next post will actually contain some Pokemon-centric art, I promise. I'm just too busy at the moment, and I'm missing my scanner's wires. DX

Last edited:

Was this a college animation art class or high school?

Anyways, pretty cool sketches!

Was this a college animation art class or high school?

Anyways, pretty cool sketches!

College (I wish we had high school animation art classes, is it possible? o.o)

Thank you so much! =)

I just looked through them! AWESOME JOB! The ponyo one was cute! The steelix one was funny (so was the brocky and cynthia one), I liked them all alot! But I think my favorite is... Either the brock and cynthia one or teh cute little azuril pic!

I just looked through them! AWESOME JOB! The ponyo one was cute! The steelix one was funny (so was the brocky and cynthia one), I liked them all alot! But I think my favorite is... Either the brock and cynthia one or teh cute little azuril pic!

Thank you! :-D Glad you like the Azurill pic, I don't think it got a lot of love from me. lol Glad you liked my work!

Updating with real Pokemon art this time (all traditionally drawn with a pencil). Sorry about the bad quality, I'm not all that good at taking pictures of artwork with my camera. >> No Lance yet, was planning on drawing him digitally.

Cynthia drawn in my style. Concept for that comic I'm planning.
MoarCynthia.png

MORE concepts from that comic I'm planning. Zhao is from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Long story... >>
CynthiaComicConcepts.png

There was a laydeh!Garchomp drawn above this picture, but I had to go and accidentally format my camera, twice. -__- May try again later.
ChibiCynthiaGarchomp.png

And finally, on an unrelated note to Pokemon here's a quickie of Chihiro I drew a few hours ago.
SpiritedAwayChihiro.png

ZHAOOOO! I lol'd again at what Zhoa was saying! "I am Zhao, and I challenge your fatass to a battle!" XD The cynthia and (temporary brain blockage) ahem... Her lead pokemon pic was cute to! GOT IT, Garchomp?

I like these quite a lot.

Do you do requests? I'd like to see your take on some kind of Red-style trainer with my favourite team from RBY consisting of: Snorlax, Tauros, Chansey, Golem, Zapdos and Alakazam (and if you managed to somehow squeeze Starmie, Rhydon, Gengar, Lapras, Exeggutor and Persian in there, that'd be awesome :D)

If you'd rather focus on your own stuffs then that's fine, just thought I'd ask.

ZHAOOOO! I lol'd again at what Zhoa was saying! "I am Zhao, and I challenge your fatass to a battle!" XD The cynthia and (temporary brain blockage) ahem... Her lead pokemon pic was cute to! GOT IT, Garchomp?

Thanks again! You're familiar with ATLA? 8D

I like these quite a lot.

Do you do requests? I'd like to see your take on some kind of Red-style trainer with my favourite team from RBY consisting of: Snorlax, Tauros, Chansey, Golem, Zapdos and Alakazam (and if you managed to somehow squeeze Starmie, Rhydon, Gengar, Lapras, Exeggutor and Persian in there, that'd be awesome :D)

If you'd rather focus on your own stuffs then that's fine, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks! :-D

*Nod* That's fine. I've got quite a few art gifts for Christmas to finish, so it might take a while, but I'll certainly give it a try whenever I'm free. (I could have a trainer with the second set of Pokemon battling Red?)

That sounds pretty fantastic actually.

I've always had fantastic ideas for how I want pictures to look, but sadly haven't the hands for actually creating them.

I'm interested to see what you come up with, though. (possibly make the other trainer some kinda super-cute-but-tough girly maybe based off Giselle from the Pokémon Tech episode? :3)

That sounds pretty fantastic actually.

I've always had fantastic ideas for how I want pictures to look, but sadly haven't the hands for actually creating them.

I'm interested to see what you come up with, though. (possibly make the other trainer some kinda super-cute-but-tough girly maybe based off Giselle from the Pokémon Tech episode? :3)

Hope I don't let you down. o.o

AH, thank you, I've been trying to figure that girl's name out for a while now! *Nod* I have something in mind, alright. =D

Though it defeats the purpose of the thread, here's some older art I'm still proud of:

Final work from my first animation unit (Character Design). My chosen style was Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli's style, the style of the eyes were a consequence of watching Ponyo far more often than an 18-year-old should... >>
AnimationUnit1Final.png

A replica of a Mariko concept (part of the coursework, one of my researched styles was Elfen Lied).
MarikoinWatercolour.png

Another replica of Gaz (also researched Invader Zim ;D).
Gaz.png

And ATLA OC of mine, her name's Tarrali.
TarraliEMPic.png

Self Portrait.
SelfPortrait3.png

If you're interested in seeing more old pictures, please visit my site: http://stash-of-scribbles.weebly.com/

Saves me having to clog the thread up with old art, at least. XD

Thanks again! You're familiar with ATLA? 8D

Yep! Watched it before, I like Soka a lot! He's sooooo funny! (Appa is just plain awesomeness)

So anywho, again I liked your artwork! I'm horrible at self portraits, good job! Your also pretty good at giving themes and emotion to art. The only issue I think you need to improve on is keeping them balanced and centered. But it's BARELY noticeable so GREAT job!

Your drawings are AWESOME!!!! You might want to become a cartoonist!!! :)

UPDATE!

HaruhiSuzumiya.png

Quick draw. Haruhi Suzumiya in my style. This girl reminds me, a LOT, of what I was like in school... you know, minus the reality-warping powers. I was eccentric, annoying, fickle and outspoken (and went out with this jerk for three days, I had other relationships which lasted a little longer but also turned sour very quickly). I think I still have most of those traits now. XD In short, I love her.​

REPLIES:

Yep! Watched it before, I like Soka a lot! He's sooooo funny! (Appa is just plain awesomeness)

So anywho, again I liked your artwork! I'm horrible at self portraits, good job! Your also pretty good at giving themes and emotion to art. The only issue I think you need to improve on is keeping them balanced and centered. But it's BARELY noticeable so GREAT job!

Oh, I loved Sokka and Toph. <3 And Momo & Appa! :-D

Thanks again! How do you mean balanced and centered, though? Are the facial expressions what you're talking about or is this concerning something else? If it's facial expressions, *nod* it's something I usually have trouble with and I end up rearranging/redrawing facial features. I'm hoping this'll even out with a little more practise. >> Thanks, though! This is one thing I don't usually pay a lot of mind to, in my own view it was just something everyone struggled with. I'll pay more attention to it in the future. :) I'm glad it's barely noticable, though; at least I won't have to worry about it too much.

Your drawings are AWESOME!!!! You might want to become a cartoonist!!! :)

Thank you! :-D Funny you should say that, I've had storyboarding/character design in mind just recently, but back when I first started drawing, I'd always wanted to be a cartoonist/comic artist. Trouble is, I haven't had a lot of experience with comics outside of storyboarding. However, like I've said with the concepts in my last posts, I'm planning one. So here's to hoping, eh? Thanks for taking a look at this thread. :)

Ha! Brock is definitely in there with cynthia whether she likes it not.

These are really good. Good job

Oh, I loved Sokka and Toph. <3 And Momo & Appa! :-D

Thanks again! How do you mean balanced and centered, though? Are the facial expressions what you're talking about or is this concerning something else? If it's facial expressions, *nod* it's something I usually have trouble with and I end up rearranging/redrawing facial features. I'm hoping this'll even out with a little more practise. >> Thanks, though! This is one thing I don't usually pay a lot of mind to, in my own view it was just something everyone struggled with. I'll pay more attention to it in the future. :) I'm glad it's barely noticable, though; at least I won't have to worry about it too much.

Toph was awesome too! That show made me laughed quite a lot!

By balanced I mean yes to the facial expressions. Don't worry, I also erase mine a lot too. I always think one eye is bigger than the other, or their not equally shaded or something like that. I'm pretty sure it's normal!

EDIT: Also, again great artwork! (though I don't know who the character is exactly *pouts*)

Wow your stuff is awesome! Hmm that reminds me of two things I should do.
1: Upload my sketch of Cynthia I did ages ago.
2: Buy a tablet.

Yeah great stuff you have! :D

"My name is Zhao, and I challenge your Fat Ass Parrot to a match."
-lulzy art you have here^^
Also, I like Cynthia, so you get a thumbsup overall ^^
*subscribes to thread*

UPDATE​

Character Animation!<- Please click & full view, it moves. BD
Did this today in Animation. Hope y'all like it!​

Ha! Brock is definitely in there with cynthia whether she likes it not.

These are really good. Good job

Oh, definitely. XD There's no escaping him! Thank you. :-D

Toph was awesome too! That show made me laughed quite a lot!

By balanced I mean yes to the facial expressions. Don't worry, I also erase mine a lot too. I always think one eye is bigger than the other, or their not equally shaded or something like that. I'm pretty sure it's normal!

EDIT: Also, again great artwork! (though I don't know who the character is exactly *pouts*)

Hmm, that may have been me just trying to get perspective right (since the eye furthest to the vanishing point appears more squashed/smaller than the other when the head's viewed from a different angle). I tend to stick with the cartoon way of showing this though, whoops! >>

Thanks again. =) I'd recommend the cartoon to you, but idk what your preferences are when it comes to anime... If you want to check it out, just search 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' on Google. ;]

Wow your stuff is awesome! Hmm that reminds me of two things I should do.
1: Upload my sketch of Cynthia I did ages ago.
2: Buy a tablet.

Yeah great stuff you have! :D

Thank you! =) Definitely link me to that pic whenever you upload it.

Ohman, I recommend an A3 tablet if you're rich/have amazing parents since I've gained a lot of experience from working on such a large scale, otherwise people tend to get on quite well with the cheaper A5 alternative. :)

"My name is Zhao, and I challenge your Fat Ass Parrot to a match."
-lulzy art you have here^^
Also, I like Cynthia, so you get a thumbsup overall ^^
*subscribes to thread*

Wow, thanks! A lot of the stuff I come up with ends up scrapped, but it's definitely fun while it lasts. For the Cynthia fans, though, I might stick to this idea.

Thanks for the thread subscription, hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more very soon since Christmas is on it's way! :-D

Thank you! =) Definitely link me to that pic whenever you upload it.

Ohman, I recommend an A3 tablet if you're rich/have amazing parents since I've gained a lot of experience from working on such a large scale, otherwise people tend to get on quite well with the cheaper A5 alternative. :)

You're welcome!
Oh wow I never even knew an A3 tablet existed! Too bad I don't have rich parents.
But Christmas is just around the corner so we'll see :p

Back
Top Bottom