• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
tumblr_inline_n9njf7Mhkv1rohrnp.gif

A small café sat on the corner of a huge, bustling town. Small shops lined up each street, and numerous people made their way to each one of these shops day after day. The town was considered a hotspot for social gatherings. Many birthdays, anniversaries, and other various festivities were celebrated there. Besides the many shops that made their business in the town, there were also many restaurants. Like the small café, dozens of food establishments set up shop on the streets in hopes of starting a good business. Of course, with these many restaurants, competition was to ensue.

The small café was strapped for cash. The owners were in a terrible financial situation due to the numerous other places for potential customers to go.

However, this place was the meeting spot for a few of the college students in the area. The income from these students was enough to keep the café barely afloat, but unfortunately, this wouldn’t be able to last for much longer. The only way to keep it open would be from the teamwork of the owners and of the students who visited there regularly. Maybe with a bit of advertising and hard work, the café would become a popular place.

---​

Taking place in our everyday world, this roleplay involves a group of college students who are trying to save the café they all love. Whether this means that they get a job there, advertise the place, or whatever, each OC’s final goal is to ultimately save the café. This roleplay will be relatively laid back. There isn’t a definite plot, as the plot itself will form around the decisions you and your OCs make. Besides from kicking things off in the beginning, I will only guide the roleplay if things get off topic or offer ideas and suggestions if I decide we need to move things along.

Will the café prosper? That’s completely up to you!​

RULES (IMPORTANT!)

1. Basic Bulbagarden Forum rules still apply here.
2. No godmodding, tennising, bunnying, etc... If needed, please look here and here for further details. Likewise, keep the OOC posts on the down low.
3. While this roleplay is laid back, try to keep things moving at a reasonable pace. If I or the Co-GM say something in the thread, please follow our orders. As GM and Co-GM, our words are law.
4. Keep things PG-13.
5. If you have any ideas as to where the plot can go, definitely tell me. Feel free to PM or VM me anything. I’ll see what I can do.
6. Please let me know if you won’t be able to post for an extended amount of time. That way, I can plan around your absence.
7. If a sign up is just plain distasteful or unfitting, I have the ability to deny it (even if it is completely filled out). If you read these rules, add something to your sign up about bananas.
8. Have fun and feel free to ask me anything! :)

Name: (First and last)
Appearance: (Just a quick description of what they look like, what nationality they are, etc…)
History: (What makes them who they are today? You can choose to have their history come out through the roleplay, if you choose to do so.)
Personality: (Basic summary on how they act.)
Talents: (What are they good at?)
Other: (Anything else to add?)

MY SIGN UPS

Clara Reyes
Name: Clara Reyes

Appearance: Standing at 5’4”, Clara has short, styled auburn hair and light brown eyes. While she will continuously insist that her hair is naturally that color, it really isn’t. She is from Filipino descent, and her skin is slightly tan. Clara is slightly underweight and is constantly trying to find ways to become healthy. She tries to stay away from wearing too much makeup, but her lack of self-confidence always drives her to do just that. Clothing wise, she is your typical definition of a hipster. Clara wears large, black rimmed glasses and has an ear cuff on the helix of her ear. She tends to wear loose fitting t-shirts and ripped skinny jeans for casual wear, but on some days, she will choose to wear a pretty dress instead.

History: She grew up in a normal family with two parents and one younger brother. Despite the fact that she has constantly attempted to draw and do other various artistic things in her childhood, she never had the skill to do so. Never truly knowing what to do with her life, Clara spent most of her high school days lost and disoriented. Her self-confidence around others was never high, and she always had issues finding true friends. Things seemed to turn around for Clara when she took a woodshop class her senior year. That was where she met her good friend, Lorelei, and was where she found a purpose in her life. After graduating high school, both she and Lorelei found themselves at the same community college for different reasons. Clara chose to major in architecture while Lorelei chose to major in graphic design.

Personality: Clara is very shy and uncertain of herself. She always wants to fit in and become a good, likable person. She is outgoing with close friends and family, but otherwise, she finds it hard to properly interact with strangers and acquaintances.

Talents: She is good at any kind of handy work such as carpentry or yard work. She is also good at various maths and sciences.

Other: She loves going to Café Micah in her free time to just drink coffee or unwind. She is able to recognize the faces of most of the regulars there. She also gets along well with the owner and his daughter. #ididntchoosethebananalife #thebananalifechoseme

Micah Lombardi
Name: Micah Lombardi

Appearance: Micah is extremely tall and seems to tower over people at 6’3”. He has light skin and his messy, brown hair is cut short. He lets some stubble grow on his face, though it normally doesn’t last too long since he ends up shaving it. His eyes are blue in color, and he will sometimes wear his brown reading glasses. The café’s uniform consists of a black polo, tucked into some beige slacks along with a red apron. This is what he wears at work. In his free time, he tends to stick to wearing t-shirts and jeans.

History: He is a single father with a daughter named Felicia. He is also owner of the restaurant. The rest is to be revealed throughout the roleplay.

Personality: Micah is very easy going. He acts friendly towards every customer and has a generally laid back attitude on life. He has a short temper, but he is desperately trying to stop this, especially around his daughter. He loves to drink alcohol, and is often tempted to sell drinks like this at the café. Of course, he is constantly reminded that his idea is a bad one.

Talents: He is very artistic. He also knows how to make a good cup of coffee.

Other: He has this crazy idea that a banana flavored cup of coffee will sell well. It probably won’t. Because, you know, that sounds disgusting.
NPCs:

Felicia Lombardi: Micah's six year old daughter. She is very energetic and loves to play sports.

Lorelei Cortez: Clara's good friend from high school. She works at the cafe.

David Hale: Shy teenager who works at the cafe. Incredible singer.

ACCEPTED SIGN UPS

Sphisco Aquill - Midorikawa
Juliet Summers - Mako
Daniel Cruz - Flaze
Hinto and William Chung - Lady Macabre
Sophianne Hiken - Torpoleon
Ashton Belle - Life
Drew William Michaelis III - Kanon Shirogane

CO-GM: @Flaze;

Last edited:
Name: Sphisco Aquill
Appearance: Sphisco stands at average height for a male of his age with tanned skin. His hair is short, messy, and the color of sand. His eyes are amber leaning more towards the brown side. His clothing style switches between bad boy with leather and black galore, and more common clothing like hoodies and jeans.
History: Come out in RP.
Personality: Sphisco is blunt and states his opinion without reservations. He prefers to answer questions simply, and goes for what he wants. He can be defined as rude, however he does respect his elders when he feels they deserve it. As a friend he is honest and loyal. He also loves cooking and little animals.
Talents: Cooking, languages, cultures, bananas.
Other: He speaks multiple languages, and enjoys studying different cultures. He loves the coffee shop as a great place for good food and time to get his homework done.

Last edited:
@Midorikawa; Looking good, but quickly glance over the rules again. Once you correctly edit your post, your sign up will be accepted :)

I'd like to reserve a spot, please!

So many reserves, but I'll throw a signup into the mix.

Name: Juliet Summers

Appearance: Juliet looks like your typical all American girl (blonde hair, soft blue-grey eyes, lightly tanned flawless skin) with the exception of the pink streaks that are dyed into her hair. She wears wayfarer reading glasses, but instead of making her look geeky they simply enhance and magnify her entrancing eyes. Her taste in clothing is... unique. She goes through phases where some nights she'll wear flannel and torn up jeans, some nights where she'll go all out with the hair, makeup and a dress that makes her look like a model and some nights she'll wear nothing more than a nice pair of skinny jeans and a casual tank-top.

History: Will come out in the RP

Personality: Being in two professions that require a lot of social interaction (especially bartending), Juliet is outgoing, vivacious and charming. She genuinely enjoys her work at both the cafe and the bar (she bartends at one of the many bars in the nearby area) and this comes out in her enthusiasm for both occupations. She is fiercely clever and while she's nice to most people, she also will not hesitate to back down if someone is giving her trouble. Fiercely loyal as well, she will defend a friend to the death and she always repays a favor.

Talents: Works at the cafe as a barista (you know, making the coffee / blended coffee drinks) during the day, bartends at night. While she's still in school for a 'practical' profession, her dream is to make it big, to become an actress and a singer. She's good at both of these, but it's really nothing more than a hope that she gets discovered. She also likes to read trashy romance novels (which is her secret shame).

Other:

#99yellowbananas, #Ididntchoosethehashtaglifethehashtaglifechoseme

@Mako; Accepted! my hashtag game is still stronger than yours

Also, @Flaze; @Kanon Shirogane; @Lady Macabre; and @Life; This is a friendly reminder to get your sign ups in as soon as you can :) If you can get them finished by this Saturday, that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Name: Daniel Cruz

Appearance: Daniel stands at 6'3 with short messy brown hair and brown eyes. He has tanned skin and a clean face. He usually wears a combination of jackets and teachers, the jackets in turn seeming more like something a musician would wear, he tends to prefer the color red and black for his jackets though. He also wears multiple sets of jeans for each outfit, however, because of this he tends to not vary them much and has a specific set for each one.

History:

Personality: Daniel's a really ambitious person, he has a habit of always trying to find new schemes that can benefit him even if he doesn't know how it would work. He gets along well with others so he always tries to keep people on his good side in case he might need their help later. He's also very outgoing and tends to keep a cheerful outlook on life but can have quite a temper once he gets mad with someone. He isn't very bright when it comes to his schoolwork though causing him to have to always get tutors at school.

Talents: Carlos plays the guitar, he started learning how to play since he was about 9 years old and has learned to play both acoustic and electric guitar almost perfectly, since learning about Cafe Micah's state he has been trying to gather a band so he can play in the cafe and hopefully attract more people. He also has some experience at waiting.

Other: Why so bananas?

Name: Hinto Chung

Appearance: Hinto is a dark tan individual of Asian-Korean descent. He has black eyes and black hair, trimmed into a short mohawk. He is clad in a black shirt and dark blue jeans, maroon blazer often slung over his shoulder when it isn't raining.

History: Will come out in the RP.

Personality: Hinto, despite having Asian origins, has no such accent. He is a joking person, unlike his more serious brother. He likes to tease Will, and has a well-humored manner to him. Some may call his antics charming, others call it idiotic. He doesn't hold grudges against others, and though his tricks often infuriate his friends, he only wants to put a smile on their faces.

Talents: He is very good at entertaining his peers. He also plays the bassoon, like his brother.

Other: He's allergic to bananas.

---

Name: William Chung

Appearance: Will, while he is also of Asian descent, looks more Chinese than Korean. He has messy black hair and black eyes, not to mention the same dark tan skin. He is more tall and wiry, compared to his more muscular brother - however, both are lean and well exercised. He wears a green muscle-shirt under a smoky gray sweatshirt, accompanied by faded blue jeans.

History: Will be revealed in the RP.

Personality: Will and Hinto may be twins, but they have completely different personalities. Will is a very serious student, who takes jokes seriously and disapproves of Hinto's pranks. He is very into Japanese mythology, such as Amaterasu and Orochi. He is usually engulfed in his studies at the café.

Talents: Will is a fairly good artist, and aspires to be a writer. He plays the bassoon, much like his brother.

Other: Bananas are his favorite food.

I'd like to reserve a spot. I'll have my sign up posted either today or tomorrow.

EDIT:
Name: Sophianne Hiken
Appearance: Sophianne is a white girl with somewhat long brown hair and brown eyes. She takes good care of her body to stay at normal weight and to not have any sort of blemishes. Sophianne is not strong at all really as she doesn't want to waste her time with strength when she can focus more on looks. After all, even a tough guy can get subdued by a girl. Her hair is almost always down, put sometimes she has a nice hairdo and very rarely is it not combed properly.

For clothing, Sophianne likes to wear short crop tops that are usually different colored shirts, such as pink and red. Sophianne always loves blue jeans and wears blue bootcut jeans a lot. She doesn't wear chains or anything like that, but she does have earrings, necklaces and rings on her. She likes to wear red lipstick and her hair down as well. For shoes, she wears golden high heels to go with her bootcut jeans. She also has a brown belt wrapped around her jeans. Finally, Sophi carries a brown purse with her containing other things she might need.

I posted what her outfit looks like on my polyvore account. Check it out here: For an RPG on Bulbagarden - Polyvore

Whenever she changes her outfit, I'll be sure to post what it looks like there.

History: Will come out in the RPG.

Personality: Sophi is a really kind girl, who loves talking to people. She especially loves talking to guys and is hoping to meet a nice boy to date at the café. Sophi does cry a lot too, especially when something bad happens to her and would want a shoulder to cry on. She tries to be the center of attention, the most important person in the room usually.

Talents: She is a great waitress and will always serve with a smile. She is also good at singing, dancing and getting people to do what she wants (especially boys she likes).

Other: Sophi absolutely hates bananas and would do anything to get away from them. Sophi has a pea sized bladder, which has resulted in several embarrassing moments in her life, even in recent years.

Last edited:
Meant to get this in a few days ago, but my mind has been a bit scattered recently. Sorry!

Name: Ashton (Ash) Belle
Appearance: Ash has tan/dark skin and pale-green eyes. She has auburn hair that goes down to her chest, and often receives comments about how wavy it is. She usually wears one of her many jackets, along with either knee-length shorts or toe-length slacks. To protect her feat, she usually wears sandals or sneakers, which also depend on her mood and the weather.

History: Will come out in the RP (unless I have the energy to think of something creative enough in the next few minutes)

Personality: Ash is soft-spoken, but once you get her going, she'll talk for hours. She has a lot of great ideas that she loves to express through paintings and sketches. She's very friendly and kind, but she has a tendency to not stick up for herself, which can lead to her getting pushed. She is quite sociable and is good in conversations, but when she's drawing she focuses all her attention there.

Talents: Ash is going to school to become a professional cartoon artist, so she is very good at both drawing and painting. That, and she has a great memory which allows her to perfect things quickly.
Other: Ash likes banana pudding.

ah mah gawd ;o; fixed it

Last edited:
@Life; It's looking awesome! Just quickly look at the rules and make any necessary changes. After that, you'll be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom