• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Café Micah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
tumblr_inline_n9njf7Mhkv1rohrnp.gif

---​

In the town where Café Micah made its business, there was also a small community college. To be blunt, there was nothing outstanding or spectacular about it at all. It had a small campus and most of the students were only there due to its low cost compared to other schools. Still a good college, but it was constantly being outshadowed. Even though this was the case, the affordable price always seemed to attract numerous students. One of these students was Clara Reyes, an architecture major in her third year there. It was near sunset when her one of her classed let out. She quickly made her way out into the parking lot nearby and walked towards her car. The class itself was tough that day, and she was extraordinarily relieved to finally be outside. She had a lot of studying that needed to be done considering there was a huge test coming up the next week. Knowing work would never get done back at her dorm, there was only one other option. Café Micah.

She loved it there. Not only was the atmosphere extremely calming, but she was good friends with the owner and his daughter. The owner himself was named Micah Lombardi, a fact that fit perfectly since the actual café was named after him. His daughter’s name was Felicia. Clara rarely saw her since the girl always seemed to be off at school whenever she visited. Now that she really thought about it, Felicia should be there by now since it was well after three o’clock. Another positive to the café was that Lorelei, her good friend from high school, worked there. She was actually the one who told her about the place to begin with.

Letting out a long sigh, Clara got inside her car and drove off. The trip to Café Micah from the college was a short one; this was another reason why she enjoyed going there.

Once she arrived, the first thing she noticed was the lack of customers. This sight was unfortunately becoming a common one due to the other competing businesses in the area. It was a shame. The cafe was such a cute, little place. There were some chairs set up on the outside of it and the whole color scheme was an adorable light blue and white one. The inside was air conditioned during hot months and heated during cold ones – an extravagance not many places in the area had. Micah knew that paying the bills for these luxuries was putting him even deeper in debt, but he figured that it was a good last resort in order to attract customers. The inside also held a few more tables and a counter that contained numerous sweets and baked goods. A menu that read the many food and drink options hung over it. Basically, the whole entire café just had the word ‘quaint’ written all over it.

Clara soon went inside and placed her backpack on the table closest to her. “Good afternoon, Mr. Lombardi.” She greeted, walking over to the counter he stood at. “I see the place isn’t doing too good today.”

He simply chuckled in response, rubbing at the small amount of stubble on his chin. “Since when is it busy?” Taking a closer look at him, the first thing one would notice was his tall height. He absolutely towered over each of his employees and even more so over Clara herself. The second thing to notice was his outfit. It was the restaurant’s uniform. This consisted of a black polo shirt, a bright red apron, and light beige slacks. “Not to mention most of the regulars aren’t here yet.”

“That’s true.” Clara commented with a frown.

“Hey kid, look up.” Micah cheerfully said. “At least we even have regulars. It shows that there’s something good about this place.”

“I mean, I guess moping around isn’t going to help me or you.” She added, adjusting her black rimmed glasses. Looking up at the menu she muttered, “So to help… I’ll order a…”

“A chai latte?” He asked expectantly.

“Exactly.” Clara confirmed, a small grin present on her face. She quickly went over to her backpack and pulled out a five dollar bill before heading back over to the counter. Holding out the money out to him she said, “You can keep the change too.”

“Thanks, Clar.” Micah said, taking the bill from her. After putting it in the cash register, he looked over at one of the workers. His eyes eventually landed on a teenage boy who seemed to be at least sixteen years old. Besides from wearing the uniform, the only thing truly noticeable about him was his light brown hair. “David! Get on that will ya!”

---​

((And so it begins. I apologize for being a day late with this, there were some personal issues going on yesterday that stopped me from posting this. Anyhoo, basically what you have to do is have your OC walk in. If they’re a worker, their shift is starting. If they’re a regular, then they’re visiting. Maybe have them comment on the emptiness of the place or whatever. Hope you all have fun with this! Also, just so you all know, Co-GM is @Flaze;))

Hinto arrived minutes after, accompanied by his twin brother William. The two had a lot of Asian heritage and origin, that was for sure. The dark tan brothers chose a two-seat table and set down their computer bags, Hinto going to order for the two of them. "Two black coffees, please."

Sphisco Aquil ran through the city, holding a box close to him. As usual his short sand colored hair was unkempt and he had on jeans and a white tee. Along with an apron, everything covered in things like flour, including his skin and hair. He easily dodged past the people in the street, busting into the café. "Micah try this," he put the box on the counter opening it up for him to take one. He then promptly closed it for a moment. "Wait you're not allergic to escargot are you?" he asked him.

Juliet Summers silently thanked the fact that multiple of her regulars were streaming in just as she was getting to the cafe. The blonde barista was running a couple of minutes late for her shift so the less notice her entrance would have the better. She spied David working behind the counter and sent a sheepish smile his way as she shrugged her coat off and brushed a few pink strands of hair out of the way of her eyes. Rolling up the sleeves of her white button down, she quickly slid behind the counter to start her shift.

David quickly perked up upon noticing Hinto and William walk inside. Just as he was finished handing Clara her chai latte, he made his way over to the cash register and entered in the two brothers' order. "I'm assuming that's for here correct?" He quietly asked them. After pausing for a moment, he soon frantically added, "Oh yeah! Um, that will be... three dollars, please." Public speaking was never the teen's forte. He always seemed to have issues properly communicating with the various strangers that made their way into the cafe.

When Sphisco ran inside the restaurant, Clara quickly moved out of the way so he would be able to talk to Micah. She had seen the young male in the restaurant numerous times before, but she never truly talked to him. Once he placed the box on the counter, both of them stared at it curiously.

"What's that?" Micah asked, reaching his hand out towards whatever was inside. He slightly flinched once Sphisco closed the box and asked him about escargot. "Uh..."

"I...um..." Clara muttered, looking up at the young male.

"I don't think I am." Micah eventually said, placing his hands on his hips. His eyes landed over on Juliet before saying, "You're late! Why?"

Hinto pulled out a five, giving it to David. "Keep the extra," he told him, taking the two coffees and walking back to their table. The brothers pulled out their laptops and begun swiftly typing their book report.

"Good try it then." It wasn't unusual for Sphisco to bring in some new creation. He was majoring in cooking at the local college, and somehow had access to exotic ingredients. "People generally don't think of adding something like well escargot. However mix that with the right sweetness and I imagine it makes a delicious dessert," he told him. Of course the young adult never thought of the fact that while he had no issue with exotic things, others might.

Juliet sighed. "Lost track of time." She muttered truthfully as she looked at the escargot with a frown. She barely resisted the temptation to remark that no one would like or even consider buying a snail based pastry. "Looks like I got here right on time though, people seem to be streaming in." She mused.

Sophianne was driving in her car, racing back to her apartment. She was supposed to work at Café Micah, but lost track of time while shopping with friends and was already late! Her beautiful brown hair blew around in the wind, with the window open.

"Oh my god. Micah is going to be so mad!" Sophi muttered to herself. She was in her favorite outfit, a red crop top, favorite pair of blue jeans with a brown belt wrapped tightly around the jeans and golden high heels.

After speeding through the streets, she finally made it to her apartment and rushed inside, setting her bags from shopping on her couch.

After glancing at the clock and realizing how late she was, she said, "I don't even have time to put the uniform on," as she slipped the black polo on top of her crop top and opted to keep her jeans on instead of putting on slacks. The polo shirt was kind of short on her, as it didn't even reach to the top of her jeans, but Sophi liked that. She also put on her red apron.

She ran back out of her apartment and fortunately for her Café Micah was right across the street.

Breathing heavily as she entered her workplace, she said to Micah, "Sorry I'm late! I lost track of time while shopping with some friends. I hope you don't mind that I'm wearing jeans instead of slacks! I had no time to change out of my jeans! What work do you want me to do today, Micah?"

She was still breathing heavily and suddenly felt a tiny urge to pee. Sophi realized that she hadn't gone to the bathroom in a few hours and drank a decent amount while shopping. It wasn't urgent, so she decided to not worry about it too much, despite her tiny bladder. She hoped Micah wasn't too bad that she was late AGAIN and that he'd let her use the bathroom later in her shift.

Last edited:
Daniel was making his way to Cafe Micah after another day of studying...but who was he kidding, the truth was that he missed his economics test because he had stayed up all night practicing his guitar, not like he had actually studied to begin with though. "Aaaaahhh, I can just forget about that stuff for now," he stated with a shrug as the cafe came into site.

"Hello people!" Daniel announced proudly as he walked inside and looked at the workers and the other regulars. "Seems like today's kind of quiet as usual," he replied, a slight frown on his face. He liked the cafe a lot, it made him feel really comfortable plus it was a relaxing venue, so he certainly wasn't happy with the fact that the place was pretty much starting to go under. He looked at the other regulars and then at the workers once more. "Yo David, get me my usual mocha please!" he exclaimed before looking towars Sphisco. "What's that?" he asked curiously.

Last edited:
"Oh, uh... thanks sir." David said in response to Hinto. He put the money in the cash register and sighed.

Upon hearing Juliet's response, Micah simply looked over at the young woman and groaned. He hated acting like the bad guy, but he noticed that many of his employees were arriving late to their shift. "Make sure this doesn't happen again." He sternly told her, an obvious attempt to be more serious. After looking over at her one last time, Micah then directed his attention back towards Sphisco. "I mean, I guess I can try one." He said, looking down at the food he made. "You asked me about any possible escargot allergies, right? Does that mean there's snail in this?"

"I've never eaten snail before." Clara quietly muttered. Looking up at Micah she asked, "I don't know. Have yo-"

Before she could finish her question, the door located near the back of the cafe quickly swung open. A young girl around the age of six came running out and soon made her way towards Micah. She had long, dark brown hair that was tied up into a ponytail. She looked similar to Micah, even having the same pale skin as him. Her outfit looked like a typical private school uniform, complete with a white polo and a blue, plaid skirt. "Dad!" She called out, tugging at the man's shirt. "I need your help with a homework...uh..." Her attention was soon distracted by Sphisco and his sweets. "What's that?"

"Hey Felicia!" Micah cheerfully greeted the girl. "It's... a thing." He was about to add something else, but he soon noticed another worker of his came in late. The first thing that came to mind was that she was out of uniform. "Sophianne. You're late again? I thought I warned you about that last week." He attempted to act stern like he did before, but this was toned down due to the fact his daughter was in the room. Rubbing his hand through his hair he said, "I have an extra pair of slacks in the back. Go get changed quickly."

Instead of saying anything, David quickly got to work on Daniel's regular order.

"Yes it has snail. The shells on top are candy though and it's designed to have the tinge of escargot but for the most part hide it with the chocolate," he explained handing one to Daniel. "Would you like to try one?" He asked Felicia smiling gently.

"Candy?" Felicia asked with a slight grin. She eyed the candy for a moment before picking one up. "Thanks!"

"I'm not sure how well snail candy will sell." Micah commented. "I mean, I'm already having issues paying for rent each week, and I don't think snails will exactly help."

"Then don't say it's got snails, just make it snail themed,' Daniel pointed out as he looked down at the sweets that Sphisco had made and took a bite from it. He realized that it wasn't as bad as he originally thought though, in fact, it really did have an interesting flavor. "It's not that bad actually."

Sophi sighed as Micah told her there was an extra pair of slacks because she absolutely hates slacks and wanted to wear her jeans. Still, she was grateful that he didn't yell and seemed understanding about the situation. She went to the back in search of the slacks.

"Now where would they be?" Sophi asked herself as she sifted through some cardboard boxes. After searching for quite a bit, she couldn't find the slacks. "Not here. Maybe someone else took them or maybe we don't have an extra pair and Micah forgot." Sophi shrugged and went back to Micah.

"Hey, Micah!" She exclaimed with a smile. "I couldn't find the slacks. I don't think we have an extra pair. Can I still wear my jeans......pretty please? I'm so sorry, but I guess I'll try to wear the uncomfortable slacks tomorrow, even though I really don't like wearing them. I'll even come on time tomorrow!" She smiled at him and hoped he'd say yes.

Though she might seem fairly confident on the surface, Sophi was very nervous. She had only been working here for a little bit and didn't know the other workers very well.

Last edited:
"Uh..." Micah muttered, looking at the sweets. He slowly moved his hand towards one, picked it up, and then placed it in his mouth. "It's..." He said while chewing. "It's actually not that bad. Not sure how we're gonna advertise this, though. If I do sell it, it'll be with some of your guys' help." While he fully knew that he was having issues paying for the rent, he also knew that he had no other options. It also didn't hurt that these sweets were free and that all he had to do was sell and advertise them. Advertising would be hard, but it was worth a shot.

"How are we going to sell these though?" Clara asked aloud. "I mean, what is going to attract people about snail themed sweets?"

"Good question." Micah commented with a frown. Just before he could think more about the matter, he noticed Sophi come out from the back and comment on the fact that there were no slacks. "No, I definitely do." He said, heading towards her. "Look in the small crate near the front of the door. I remember I put my wife's old pair back there. They should fit too." The mention of his wife saddened him slightly, but he managed to push those feelings aside in order to think about the sweets again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom