• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Calculate your time posting in these forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripleton

Aurora
Reaction score
It's honestly, very easy.

Just take your total amount of posts, and divide it by your PPD(Posts Per Day), which you can find on your profile, and bam, you have an accurate number on how many days you have stayed loyal to Bulbagarden. :p

Ooh, a .5.

5 years, 286 days.

392.81 Days.
A few more days weeks is my guess?

Divided by 7.66...

gives me...

668.54 Days (Honestly a lot more adding all the post I have in the F&G area)

Unfortunately, this method is not so accurate since you're using an averaged count of ppd.

What this method calculates is the time your account has been here in days (was this your intent? I'm sorry if I start to rant ^^;), but not the amount of time you actually spent online. You can find this out from the registration date in your profile, though this method does simplify that. This method doesn't find the amount of days you were actually online, no matter what your ppd was.

If you really want a more accurate metric of how to calculate your time spent here, you could attach a value of time to individual posts, like an average of one minute spent per post. For me, I have 2,640 posts equating to 2,640 minutes.

24 h = 1 day
60 min = 1 hr
(2640 min) x (1 hr / 60 min) x (1 day / 24 hr) = 1.83 days

That's the time I've spent posting everything that counts under my username back to back within one minute a piece.

BUT, that's not accurate either. But it's closer.

Knowing myself, I spend way more than 1 minute making posts here. This is a tough thing to measure since you'd need an average amount of time of all the time it took to make a post. Not everyone's number will be the same. People who make posts in RM probably have a rate of <1 min per post. Posts made in Real World like debates require longer time to gather thoughts and could take 10+ min to post. I've made a variety of posts here and there so I don't know what my average time is (though it probably isn't the 1 minute I used).

Plus, as Scarlet notes, this doesn't include the posts made here in the Games Section. I think I have like some 10,000+ posts in this section as do the people above me.

Lastly, this doesn't include lurking time. I lurk sometimes just to see what's going on when I don't have time to post. Also, I know there's large gaps of time where I wasn't here in my last few years here.

Another method could be reapplying a time value to posts made, but multiplying it to your ppd to find out how much time you spend online per day. This is an average, but for myself this would be off for the methods mentioned above. At 1.17 posts per day times, lets say 10 minutes, this assumes I'm on ~12 minutes a day for posting. But this value is deflated by all the days I never made a post back then and the posts that don't count here in the Fun and Games area. Ryuukateshi is ideal since his time here is fairly constant and he doesn't post very often in Fun and Games. Borrowing Ryuukateshi's ppd of 49.48, I'll assume he spends a conservative average of 4 minutes per posts he makes. This means he spends about 3.2 hours a day posting. I'd say that works out about right. You can throw in a buffer of lurking time, but that's not as easy to figure out.

But to sum it up, this thread is really just finding the amount of days your account has been here, and that's all. (Which doesn't say much since this value will be constantly changing)

My account has been here for 2257 days. That's 6.17 years.

Last edited:
Errrrhhhhh....

Bump.

I have 570 posts, and my PPD is 9.02.
So about 63 days.

This calculation seems to be giving me too much credit, but 438.23 days.

Edit: Um.. I'd try Rayne's, but... I have issues comprehending it...

Awesome! Mew!

I think thats around accurate, but maybe not because sometimes I go online, post once, and then the next day I post a whole lot more. Stupid school >:

Edit: Um.. I'd try Rayne's, but... I have issues comprehending it...
Take your number of posts, divide by 60, then divide the resulting number by 24. (Unless you meant the second one....
Custosadlookaround.gif
)

In which case (7784), 5 days, 9.7 hours. Except considering that I may spend hours agonizing over a particular post (finding sources, checking spelling and grammar, trying to phrase things exactly the right way, etc.), it's a bit off....

Last edited:

Awesome! Mew!

I think thats around accurate, but maybe not because sometimes I go online, post once, and then the next day I post a whole lot more. Stupid school >:

That sounds right.

5 months ~ 153 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom