• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Calling all Artists/Spriters/Graphic Enthusiasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer17

Pirate King
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Good evening to all BMGf Members who're viewing this thread. I'm Trainer17, or shortly, Sam for convenience sake. I'm one of the newly appointed Game Managers of the RPG District, and I'm in need of your talent, or help per say. I'm in the making of a huge RPG Game that doesn't rely on heavy texting(games like URPG, Fizzy Bubbles) but geared more towards Final Fantasy/Monster Hunter/Fun Genre. I'll be making an official announcement of this in the Bulbagarden Grotto after I've done a few major updates/things in this Game of mine, with my RPG Head and some of my Game Staff so that it might give you a huge insight of the Game I'm making.

What I need are a few talented Artists, Graphic Enthusiasts(Banner Makers/etc) and skilled Spriters who'd be helping me with this Game. Although I don't require mastery skills in each department of people I'm looking for, I do have a standard when it comes to picking the right people, for the right job. Any interested candidates may sign up here, also including examples of your work(2-3 would be enough for me to judge) and I'll give you guys a easy task to complete(No time limit), just to measure how far you can go and thus I can assign assignments properly.

Of course, your work won't go off empty handed, and you'll receive many in-game benefits when your work is used in the RPG Game. Not to mention, your work being used in the RPG Game right here at Bulba will stand for the years ahead. You can look back at any time and be proud of yourself and your work ;)

Yours Sincerely,
Trainer17(Bulbagarden RPG District Game Manager)

This thread is also approved by these lovely Mods,
Shiay and Keldora Dragon.

People who signed up and their Speciality:
1)
2)
3)

Ok, so can we do people?

If yes, I'll enter my entree later.

Edit: moved my comment to the main topic on this out in the Artists Alcove!

Last edited:
Ok, so can we do people?

If yes, I'll enter my entree later.

Hmm, I don't really think we have a need for People Sprites to be honest. The only part where People sprites may be needed is during their SU maybe, in regards to their Appearance and what not, but I've got a really good site that does self-generated Avatars; with really cool costumes, design, etc and Members can actually go their do their own Avatar at their own pace/desire ^^;

Edit : On the other hand, we do need some Character Spriting for some of the desired Locations in my Game. Inn Manager, Bank Assitant, etc(those kind of characters). But how large/etc would your People Sprite be? Hopefully not Trainer Sized like the Pokemon Games? Im leaning more towards like this below;

i_alicia.gif

~T17

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't really think we have a need for People Sprites to be honest. The only part where People sprites may be needed is during their SU maybe, in regards to their Appearance and what not, but I've got a really good site that does self-generated Avatars; with really cool costumes, design, etc and Members can actually go their do their own Avatar at their own pace/desire ^^;

Edit : On the other hand, we do need some Character Spriting for some of the desired Locations in my Game. Inn Manager, Bank Assitant, etc(those kind of characters). But how large/etc would your People Sprite be? Hopefully not Trainer Sized like the Pokemon Games? Im leaning more towards like this below;

i_alicia.gif

~T17

I could not do that. Sorry.

I havent done any pokemon sprites yet, but I'm a fast learner and I've been working with MS paint for years. If you could give me a chance I'd be thrilled. Here's something i just finished.

@Muffins : It's okay ^.^

@Rainbow : Mhm, those trainer sprites are really enticing. Let's see now, if I were to give you around 2-3 concept Arts, are you able to sprite them out? Of course, you don't actually have to follow the art entirely, but as long as you've got the idea and create the sprite for the better(with your own design and whatnot). There's no time limit of course, so you can work patiently. Do let me know :)

~T17

I could do menu icons for Gen V pokemon if they're needed.

Yes! Yes! I'd love to! Please get back to me as soon as possible. BTW, I like Toshiro too!

Last edited:
The Zorua : Any examples of your work would help me judge how you fare in terms of those Menu Icons you speak off :)

Rainbow : I've PM'd you 2 Concept Arts to work on ^^

You can see in my banner, I made a new wardrobe for Red, and have full colour versions of Generation 1 sprites.

What I'd like to see someone make, that i sure wouldnt know how to do, is a set of greyscale sprites for newer pokemon in the style of Red and Blue sprites. Slightly disproportioned, dynamic poses, and ghost pokemon actually looking scary.

I can do this. I think I can.
My speciality is custom pokemon, but I believe I can do the same with trainers.

Hm. I'll go make some examples now.
-don't kill me, i'm new here-

scratchsprite.png

I tried. It was a fail.

Last edited:
Hey, this seems pretty interesting.
Feel free to allow me to help. There's a link to my DeviantART in my Pixel Thread for reference as to what I tend to do.

Just let me know what I need to do, and I'll do it. Although, a little more detail on the general assignments / the game itself would be nice.
*searches through Trainer17's threads to see if there's any detail on this RPG*

Anyways, like I said--let me know what I need to do (although enough detail to be able to execute the making of the sprite(s) would be very, very handy) and I'll go for it. I need a "job" that I can feel the need to stick with--whether it's paid or not paid at all.

((Sorry, forgot to specify--I specialize in sprites in general. Pixel art. Y'know.))

Last edited:
Im not raelly a spriter but more of a recoulorer.I include lights in my sprites and i can do frames(moving sprites).I am currently working on alternate genosect formes and just PM me if you want me!

Uh, I thought I already posted here, but whatever.
Anyway, I can do 12 different sprite styles at the moment, and I'd be thrilled to help out with this!
To see some of my sprite styles, click here.

Whatever you want... if you want examples, look in my sprite thread, I'd be happy to make anything.

I don't know if people will like this, but's it's a sprite I made fro a person in my fanfic, called Orange.

picture.php

heh, basically a re-color ^^'

Well, um, I run a shop (links in my sig) I do like banners and sigs, and I can do transparent backgrounds. PM if you want something.

I'm good with

Graphics:

Animation.gif

Banners:
ladygaga.png

l.png

How can I be of assistance?
And any kind of Sprites:
perfect.gif

iaza17538439402000.gif

iaza13175455354200.gif

untitled421825868075910-iaza.gif

I'll be happy to help, I'm more of a newbie, but my specialities are recolours and splices. scratches... yeah, that too, but you'll need to specify how the pokemon looks like or at least give me a brief summary so I get a general idea, I'll see if I can make the trainer sprites you need, but please tell me what you want them to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom