• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Calling all Artists/Spriters/Graphic Enthusiasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer17

Pirate King
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Good evening to all BMGf Members who're viewing this thread. I'm Trainer17, or shortly, Sam for convenience sake. I'm one of the newly appointed Game Managers of the RPG District, and I'm in need of your talent, or help per say. I'm in the making of a huge RPG Game that doesn't rely on heavy texting(games like URPG, Fizzy Bubbles) but geared more towards Final Fantasy/Monster Hunter/Fun Genre. I'll be making an official announcement of this in the Bulbagarden Grotto after I've done a few major updates/things in this Game of mine, with my RPG Head and some of my Game Staff so that it might give you a huge insight of the Game I'm making.

What I need are a few talented Artists, Graphic Enthusiasts(Banner Makers/etc) and skilled Spriters who'd be helping me with this Game. Although I don't require mastery skills in each department of people I'm looking for, I do have a standard when it comes to picking the right people, for the right job. Any interested candidates may sign up here, also including examples of your work(2-3 would be enough for me to judge) and I'll give you guys a easy task to complete(No time limit), just to measure how far you can go and thus I can assign assignments properly.

Of course, your work won't go off empty handed, and you'll receive many in-game benefits when your work is used in the RPG Game. Not to mention, your work being used in the RPG Game right here at Bulba will stand for the years ahead. You can look back at any time and be proud of yourself and your work ;)

Yours Sincerely,
Trainer17(Bulbagarden RPG District Game Manager)

This thread is also approved by these lovely Mods,
Shiay and Keldora Dragon.

People who signed up and their Speciality:
1)
2)
3)

Good evening to all BMGf Members who're viewing this thread. I'm Trainer17, or shortly, Sam for convenience sake. I'm one of the newly appointed Game Managers of the RPG District, and I'm in need of your talent, or help per say. I'm in the making of a huge RPG Game that doesn't rely on heavy texting(games like URPG, Fizzy Bubbles) but geared more towards Final Fantasy/Monster Hunter/Fun Genre. I'll be making an official announcement of this in the Bulbagarden Grotto after I've done a few major updates/things in this Game of mine, with my RPG Head and some of my Game Staff so that it might give you a huge insight of the Game I'm making.

What I need are a few talented Artists, Graphic Enthusiasts(Banner Makers/etc) and skilled Spriters who'd be helping me with this Game. Although I don't require mastery skills in each department of people I'm looking for, I do have a standard when it comes to picking the right people, for the right job. Any interested candidates may sign up here, also including examples of your work(2-3 would be enough for me to judge) and I'll give you guys a easy task to complete(No time limit), just to measure how far you can go and thus I can assign assignments properly.

Of course, your work won't go off empty handed, and you'll receive many in-game benefits when your work is used in the RPG Game. Not to mention, your work being used in the RPG Game right here at Bulba will stand for the years ahead. You can look back at any time and be proud of yourself and your work ;)

Yours Sincerely,
Trainer17(Bulbagarden RPG District Game Manager)

This thread is also approved by these lovely Mods,
Shiay and Keldora Dragon.

People who signed up and their Speciality:
1)
2)
3)

I'll give this a shot. I specialize in spriting (splices/recolors).

My examples:

Arcadoomyena
picture.php

Altaridactyl
picture.php

Swelleot/Pidgellow
picture.php

Could you explain more about the sprites you'll need?

Could you explain more about the sprites you'll need?

Nothing is of certain for now, but from what we've been doing(my staff and I), we need Spriters who can sprit based on Concept Art. Although the Concept Art isn't that appealing, I look forward towards the Spriters' Enthusiasm/Creativity or Realism when they actually sprite. Let me show you an example. Our Concept Art is done by the famous System Error, who has a knack for things as well :p

One of the drawings/Art he submitted;
picture.php

and with aid from a Friend of mine, and the choice of words I gave her; 'Don't rely too much on the Concept Art, but use it as a base and create things out of your own Style/etc. Thus, she came up with this result;

118g1f9.jpg

Something along those lines :) But of course, not only Concept Art Spriting, we might also need people who are good at colors/etc to color any Sprites that are made to look even better. But that's to come later.

-T17

I commented on the topic in the sprite section, but then I noticed that you had a main one out on the main Alcove so yeah...

I am a spriter, but by no means a professional one. I only sprite as a hobby and I am probably not the best one out there but I would be happy to help if you are willing to let me!

Now it says I should submit an example of my work, what exactly do you wish to see?

Also, on a less "what you are looking for" note I am also a writer (I'm far better at writing then spriting) who has actually helped write story lines in things similar (but not the same) to this, although all those projects have fallen apart due to poor management. If you need any help with a plot-hole or a story arch that you cannot figure out I am happy to help. I often joke that there isn't a plot-hole or broken plot on this planet that I cannot fix.
I have also worked on fan projects before as a concept artist, and I even have some very old concept art that I created for projects that never worked out that you could have if you wish.

So yeah. I could probably have a lot to put into the project if you want it. I'll see if I can get some examples of sprites I made before up. Let me remind you some of them are a few years old so they might not perfectly reflect what I can do now.

EDIT: Everything here was made 100% from scratch. No splicing, no editing old sprites
OriginalSprites.png

AllMunny.png

NewRage2.png
Jade.png
LionGirlAnimated.gif
7ce8792c.png
ChibiGardevoir.png
8a8842ee.png
72d15460.png
ebd60c55.png

2nd-1.png

street3-1.png

These are sprites from a Bioshock game I was designing about a year ago. The guy who was going to code the game eventually pulled out. We only got as far as a demo. These were all made by me, 100% from scratch!
ElectroBolt.gif
JackAttack.gif
MRunAll.gif
Pureawesome.gif

Rumbler-1.png

MegaSheet.png

TESTMAP-1.png

Placewiththestuffandwhatnot.png

So yeah... I guess that is the best example I can give you of my work! If you are interested in using any of my above listed talents just send a message my way and I'll reply as fast as possible!

I commented on the topic in the sprite section, but then I noticed that you had a main one out on the main Alcove so yeah...

I am a spriter, but by no means a professional one. I only sprite as a hobby and I am probably not the best one out there but I would be happy to help if you are willing to let me!

Now it says I should submit an example of my work, what exactly do you wish to see?

Also, on a less "what you are looking for" note I am also a writer (I'm far better at writing then spriting) who has actually helped write story lines in things similar (but not the same) to this, although all those projects have fallen apart due to poor management. If you need any help with a plot-hole or a story arch that you cannot figure out I am happy to help. I often joke that there isn't a plot-hole or broken plot on this planet that I cannot fix.
I have also worked on fan projects before as a concept artist, and I even have some very old concept art that I created for projects that never worked out that you could have if you wish.

So yeah. I could probably have a lot to put into the project if you want it. I'll see if I can get some examples of sprites I made before up. Let me remind you some of them are a few years old so they might not perfectly reflect what I can do now.

EDIT: Everything here was made 100% from scratch. No splicing, no editing old sprites
OriginalSprites.png

AllMunny.png

NewRage2.png
Jade.png
LionGirlAnimated.gif
7ce8792c.png
ChibiGardevoir.png
8a8842ee.png
72d15460.png
ebd60c55.png

2nd-1.png

street3-1.png

These are sprites from a Bioshock game I was designing about a year ago. The guy who was going to code the game eventually pulled out. We only got as far as a demo. These were all made by me, 100% from scratch!
ElectroBolt.gif
JackAttack.gif
MRunAll.gif
Pureawesome.gif

Rumbler-1.png

MegaSheet.png

TESTMAP-1.png

Placewiththestuffandwhatnot.png

So yeah... I guess that is the best example I can give you of my work! If you are interested in using any of my above listed talents just send a message my way and I'll reply as fast as possible!

I'm actually quite amazed by some of your Sprite work here. Especially the Castle/Inn like images at the end of the first spoiler and the Inner Building/Window sort of work in the 2nd Spoiler. I also fancy your BioMech Soldier, along with the Weapon based sprites. We definitely need people who can sprite out weapons(given concepts). Anyways, if you'd like, I want you to try a little spriting on Weapon(I'll send you the Concept Art of it via PM) and once done, you can reply me back?

~T17

I'm actually quite amazed by some of your Sprite work here. Especially the Castle/Inn like images at the end of the first spoiler and the Inner Building/Window sort of work in the 2nd Spoiler. I also fancy your BioMech Soldier, along with the Weapon based sprites. We definitely need people who can sprite out weapons(given concepts). Anyways, if you'd like, I want you to try a little spriting on Weapon(I'll send you the Concept Art of it via PM) and once done, you can reply me back?

~T17

Weapons were acturally one of my favorite things to sprite. Sure, I'll give it a go! Just send me that image whenever and I'll get on it!

I'm going to take a gander and say that you are going to need some scratch sprites, right?

I'm going to take a gander and say that you are going to need some scratch sprites, right?

@Platinum Dude : I might have a work for you. But that'll be in a long while. I'll get back to you asap.

@Full Metal : Not 100% scratch, but I'm looking for Spriters who sprite based on the Concept Art my Staff have saved. Like I posted in one of my other threads, the sprites doesn't have to be exact with the Concept Art, its more towards how they individually shape it based on their creativity/such. Here, let me show you.

One of the drawings submitted was this.
picture.php

and see how the Spriter turned it into.

118g1f9.jpg

-T17

Sure why not. I just have a question to ask of you before I submit any of my arts. I just recently switched from GIMP back over to Photoshop CS3. Do you mind if I submit my GIMP work or do you want my Photoshop work?

I could help out. I'm a spriter. To see the styles I can do and examples, go to my sprite shop, because I'm too lazy to put them all in this post.

I could help out. I'm a spriter. To see the styles I can do and examples, go to my sprite shop, because I'm too lazy to put them all in this post.
Just a heads up, I think they are only looking for scratch spriters. I say this because your shop thingy says you refuse to do scratch sprites.

I'm pretty good at spriting. I've done some in a graphic shop here if you want to look. I am also learning more with photoshop to be able to do banners and things of that sort. Here is my Photobucket page if you want to have a look-see:

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/viewtifuldee/Pixel Overs/
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/viewtifuldee/Pokemon Sprites/
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/viewtifuldee/Siggies and Banners/
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/viewtifuldee/Trainers/

I have everything set up in subfolders by the type of art it is.

I'm pretty good at spriting. I've done some in a graphic shop here if you want to look. I am also learning more with photoshop to be able to do banners and things of that sort. Here is my Photobucket page if you want to have a look-see:

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/viewtifuldee/Pixel Overs/
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/viewtifuldee/Pokemon Sprites/
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/viewtifuldee/Siggies and Banners/
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/viewtifuldee/Trainers/

I have everything set up in subfolders by the type of art it is.

If I provide you with like 2-3 Concept Art, are you able to Sprite from them? Of course it'd be a bit challenging since the Concept Arts won't be really that enticing, but I'm looking for some creativity/etc played on the Spriters part :)

-T17

Sure why not. I just have a question to ask of you before I submit any of my arts. I just recently switched from GIMP back over to Photoshop CS3. Do you mind if I submit my GIMP work or do you want my Photoshop work?

I don't really have preferences of which platform you choose to work your sprites with, but I do care about the sprite itself overall. You can give me some examples, or like everyone else who applied I can PM you some Concept Arts to work on? Do get back to me :)

Mfreak kind of covered it up for me. Thanks Mfreak xD

-T17

Trainer17 said:
I don't really have preferences of which platform you choose to work your sprites with, but I do care about the sprite itself overall. You can give me some examples, or like everyone else who applied I can PM you some Concept Arts to work on? Do get back to me :)

Well, you did say banner makers, so that's why I was wondering. At any rate~

http://s46.photobucket.com/home/flame757/index

That's my Photobucket link. Feel free to browse it and whatnot.

Well, you did say banner makers, so that's why I was wondering. At any rate~

http://s46.photobucket.com/home/flame757/index

That's my Photobucket link. Feel free to browse it and whatnot.

Oh, for banners, there are also exceptional kinds from both GIMP/Photoshop, of course I'd accept something that's better. Most banners I'll be needing will be for specific threads, and most probably for the announcement thread(which will be coming up by the end of this year), but for now, I'm looking for spriters at the most.

-T17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom